SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Ordering coil pack from Subaruparts.com

I'll be ordering a coil pack replacement sometime tomorrow and want to make sure I'm not going to be short anything.

The coil pack is part number 22433AA310 priced at $76.19
(from my understanding is the passenger side rear engine coil pack) the one with the shortest wire.

What I want to know is does it include the cap or is that required to be purchased separately? (part number 22489AA030 coil cap) @ $11.61.
I don't see why it wouldn't be included but I'm unsure...

Also, when I click on the part, it automatically populates the field for 2.... what reason is this, other than trying to force pairs upon you to be replaced or is that just it?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 PM

Re: Ordering coil pack from Subaruparts.com

I just ordered a couple myself. Everything is included. The front and back coils are the same except for the length of the cord. The middle on each side is different. They are color coded also. How did you know that the specific coil was bad. I've been changing mine out to fix a skip to no avail. Did your car miss all the time or just at low rpms?

Longest= white
middle= green
shortest= blue
Old 08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutrell3 View Post
How did you know that the specific coil was bad. I've been changing mine out to fix a skip to no avail. Did your car miss all the time or just at low rpms?
The car misses all the time regardless of other factors. I'm not 100% certain that is the root cause but it's the only thing obvious sticking out as after changing the plugs, that is the only plug that was kind of wet and didn't look like it was burning properly. Also when car is idle and foot on the accelerator, you can hear a popping sound from that area... (I suppose arching or whatever it's called of the coil pack due to being bad).

After I pull the injector cables on a few tomorrow to see how much of a change it makes, if any... I will most likely proceed to order this coil pack in hopes that it will resolve my issue. The only other thing I think it could be but am unsure to check, as no one seems to have any input/knowledge, is the actual wiring harness itself that (I guess) goes to the computer. I'm unsure of that part number or how to go about replacing that since it read 500k ohms less than the other 2... which could also be my issue.

One step at a time I guess... trial and error. Thanks for letting me know it's complete (the coil pack).

Last edited by Subix; 08-21-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: e
Old 08-26-2008, 08:37 PM

No problem. Let me know if you fix your prob. I don't have the popping just the miss at low rpms. I have changed the plugs, swapped the coils, and changed the MAF. Next I'm going to test the fuel injectors, and the cam sensors. Good luck. I'll let you know if I fix and what was causing it.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 PM

Cool Re: Ordering coil pack from Subaruparts.com

Fixed my miss - it was a mating connector pin that had been pushed part way out of the plastic housing on one of the spark plug leads - positioned pin correctly, then used 5 minute araldite to fill the rear of the housing (thereby stopping the pin moving when mating to the other connector....