Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Jaundice76

just found out my exhaust needs replaced

pretty sure that im going to need help in designing a new system, im not sure what needs replaced yet, but im thinking even if its just a muffler, or cat, i should just replace everything. I want a mean aggressive sound, but not ricey, i would be a walking contradiction if i got a riced out exhaust because i made fun of my friends eclipse for having a "fist-fvckable" exhaust that sounds like a suped up lawnmower on roids. I was looking into the motorsport exhaust because i am a highschool student and i dont think im gonna have the money for a stebro but i was wondering people said that they said there is something they would change about the motorsport setup, and i was wondering what i would tell the shop installing my exhaust to do?

any help would be appreciated, im at my wits end, we took my car to a trusted shop only to have them tell us that they think the subaru dealership ripped us off and didnt replace any of the parts they said they did, and the fact that they didnt notice the "cherry red" exhaust was infuriating, the owner of this other shop says im lucky the car hasnt caught fire.. they are going to be looking into all the things that subaru allegedly checked already because they dont think subaru even did anything.

(EDIT and any ohio members know of any good exhaust shops?)

but thats besides the point input would be great from you nice folks at subaru-svx.net forums

Last edited by Jaundice76; 03-27-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:30 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
I've heard good things about Dayles setup. The only reason I didn't go with that set up, I didn't want to have down time with the car to get the exhaust welded up. So I just bought a Stebro.

Hope your shop hooks it up and get all your stuff straightened out.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Jaundice76

yeah its kinda depressing to have a car that spends more time in the shop than in your driveway : /
Old 03-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
Everyone here is gonna have a different idea on performance sound. My design is to run exhaust-less. just resonators, and if i can get the design worked out a high frequency baffeling device. Again this is just my design. My dad has the MS on his, and it sounds nice, its quite at idle, but doesnt sound agressive enough for my tastes. Just do some reaearch and start building a parts list.

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust
Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
Exhaust

From my experience keep your front kats if you can and put a dual in single out followed by a resonator (cherry bomb) to a magniflow used for camaros so you can keep your dual exhaust. this will give you a subtle yet aggresive porsche type sound from the flat six. No ricey. If you want to attract more attention just negate the middle kat. If your front kats are the ones glowing then deff remove them. I think i saw a cat that will replace the front ones on ebay. they were small and round.

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 04-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Jaundice76

a little update...

i guess its a lil more than just exhaust, the car might need new headers, cus i guess thats what was turning cherry red, my mom mis informed me...

but like we have been talkng and all ive had with this car since ive had it is problems and if this next bill is too high we might be selling the car : / which is really a shame because i love it, even with all the problems it has, but i cant be driving a car that has a risk of catching on fire, or being in the shop every other week and if it comes down to it id like someone who knows about these cars to have it just so i know its going to good hands, but it hasnt gone that far yet...

my options for new cars are 2006:
Hyundai Tiburon
Scion TC
Honda Civic

thats all i really looked at in the price range but i still would rather keep the SVX