Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Your selective memory option is working great. Now how about a little reality---there would have been NO INVADERS if the terrorists had not killed and captured soldiers in another sovereign country and indiscriminately fired rockets at civilian areas. I personally think I would blame the people that started it.
Reality is a rather subjective thing in this forum. Danny is the only guy here who knows what really happened in Lebanon. The rest of us only know what the news agencies see fit to spin for us.

The two points of my original post were that

1) Danny's signature is not indicative of support for terrorism. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
2) I can understand why Danny was supportive of Hisbullah and this should not be taken as an indicator that he supports all terrorists.

If you can't understand it then maybe you need to try a little harder.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Reality is a rather subjective thing in this forum. Danny is the only guy here who knows what really happened in Lebanon. The rest of us only know what the news agencies see fit to spin for us.
Most of what I have seen Danny write about, is what he has seen on his country's news...

so how is that for spin?
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Your selective memory option is working great. Now how about a little reality---there would have been NO INVADERS if the terrorists had not killed and captured soldiers in another sovereign country and indiscriminately fired rockets at civilian areas. I personally think I would blame the people that started it.
On that reasoning then, when would you expect the Palestinians to invade Israel?

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

You are all a bunch of tree hugging, long haired hippees with smelly armpits. You all secretly drive 78 Trans Am's converted to solar while drinking bottled water and delicately eating organic sushi at metrosexual bars under a false name.

Lee is an upper side middle aged, and overpaid man that hangs out on his porch shaking his cane at skateboarders, as he plots a way to get all the tree huggers to commit massive suicide on Fox news.

He keeps a picture of O'Reilly next to his bed in a US Flag style picture frame. He also keeps a water proof pin up of Ann Coulter in his shower. We love him only for the contrast he brings to the site. We all have plans to steal his SVX collection and ransom them back in exchange for his vote to a democratic presidential candidate.... as soon as we figure out how to get past the land mine field he has around his property. Neutralizing his cane is another challenge to overcome.

El Revolutionary!!!!!! Down with the infidels!!!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 08-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Invasion of Canada and the overthrow of their evil dictatorship is our only means of survival. We should start with Nova Scotia to damage their booming trinket market.

El Revolutionary!! Viva Amerika!!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 08-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
You, Too????

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
On that reasoning then, when would you expect the Palestinians to invade Israel?

Harvey.
Why do all of you foreigners have only selective memory? You seem to forget that the initial hostile act was by Hamas firing rockets into Israel from Gaza and kidnapping a IDF soldier and a civilian. Israel retaliated by selective strikes and demanded return of the soldier. Hamas killed the civilian. As this activity was heating up---Hezbollah made their stupid mistake of attacking Israel. Hamas has been sporadically firing rockets into Israel from Gaza for a long time, but the prisoners were a big escalation..

Did you forget this????? or just chose not to remember it??????? Or could it be that you are just ill informed?????

Lee
Old 08-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Ya Think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
You are all a bunch of tree hugging, long haired hippees with smelly armpits. You all secretly drive 78 Trans Am's converted to solar while drinking bottled water and delicately eating organic sushi at metrosexual bars under a false name.

Lee is an upper side middle aged, and overpaid man that hangs out on his porch shaking his cane at skateboarders, as he plots a way to get all the tree huggers to commit massive suicide on Fox news.

He keeps a picture of O'Reilly next to his bed in a US Flag style picture frame. He also keeps a water proof pin up of Ann Coulter in his shower. We love him only for the contrast he brings to the site. We all have plans to steal his SVX collection and ransom them back in exchange for his vote to a democratic presidential candidate.... as soon as we figure out how to get past the land mine field he has around his property. Neutralizing his cane is another challenge to overcome.
I would think I was having a nightmare if I saw a solar powered TA. The TA is bad enough.

And.....the last time I checked I am not over paid. Not sure that is possible. For your information, I really don't care for O'Reilly personally even though I admit I frequently watch him. Now Coulter is a refreshing counter to the many far left liberals. I don't always agree with her and she definitely goes a bit far sometimes, but.......still refreshing to see how she drives the liberals crazeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

For your info---the landmines are bouncing betties and claymores. My dogs are trained to stay clear of them----so guess you just need to watch the dogs. Well, maybe. The cane is actually a single shot 12 ga loaded with 00 shot. And don't forget the cameras that cover all approaches. My arsenal includes at least a dozen guns and thousands of rounds of ammo. Oh, yes, I am an excellent marksman. Which button do you want me to hit?? Ever see the size hole a 300 Ultra Mag makes particularly on exit-------not good.

Bring on them whatever it is that wears the funny clothes.

Now go to sleep and quit harassing me.

Lee
Old 08-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSVX94
Wow, what happened? I guess your racist camouflage suit was at the cleaners when you posted this.

By the way, speaking of camouflage, there are US citizens who are Jewish on this site and they of course think you're really swell.

So, when Islamo-fascists kill 241 marines, or when 3,000 get killed in 9/11 etc you think that's okay because it's really just an attack on the US government.

Your signature supports terrorism.

I've met Muslims and Jews, some I liked, some I didn't, some had power and money, and some didn't.

Good luck with your Hezbollah house guests.

Good luck with your Syrian and Iranian neighbors.
Stop following your feelings in this, you don't know what is like to have a country scr*wing yours all the time without being able to defend yourself.

I am proud to have the 2006 Hizbullah defending my country. They are 100% Lebanese and never guests, and the time they hand down their weapons I will surely leave and never come back (because we would be exposed totally to Israel.)

I say it again, we want no Israelis, no Syrians and no Iranians around. Iranians have nothing to do with Hizbullah except for funding and arming them. Hizbullah never takes orders from Iran, and if anyone has any proof otherwise pls be free to post it.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Whether or not you agree with the sentiment, Danny's signature

"Want WorldWide Peace & No Terrorism Anymore ??? Stop Attacking Muslim Countries !!!"

does not amount to support for Terrorism.

From what I have read, Danny certainly doesn't support Al-Qaeda or the 9/11 attacks. He has enthusisatically supported Hisbullah, and who can blame him. I'd support them if they were the only people defending my home and family from an invading army.
Sure not I never support Al-Quaeda or 9/11 attacks or Syria or Iran. Can you see this pic below? This is us celebrating at the time 1.5 million Lebanese revolted asking Syria out.

Whether you like it or not, we are patriotic people and we welcome anyone who supports us against any invador

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
This is the real version of the Truth.
Hizbullah captured two soldiers first (thinking they would exchange them with the Lebanese prisoners that Israel kept for 30 years just because they fought Israeli invadors in 1978). Then an Israeli Humvy crossed the border into Lebanon thinking they can go for a ride here, of course Hizbullah will retaliate. They RPG'd the car and the riders were killed. Then Israel started the invasion and until then Hizbullah started throwing rockets.

Hizbullah's intention was to capture the soldiers first, and if you cannot acknowledge the fact that we have Lebanese people in Israel, then you know nothing about human rights and you are the most racist human alive (well Dan is included also).

Objective thinking people..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Most of what I have seen Danny write about, is what he has seen on his country's news...

so how is that for spin?
Chris, are you really reading accurately all my posts? Do you think I don't get CNN and BBC here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
... And Danny is a quarter aged man, from the common people who are really committed for his cause either it is for his suby (NO PORCHES, NO PORCHES...) and for his country

hahahahaha, nice one Rob

Quote:
Why do all of you foreigners have only selective memory? You seem to forget that the initial hostile act was by Hamas firing rockets into Israel from Gaza and kidnapping a IDF soldier and a civilian. Israel retaliated by selective strikes and demanded return of the soldier. Hamas killed the civilian. As this activity was heating up---Hezbollah made their stupid mistake of attacking Israel. Hamas has been sporadically firing rockets into Israel from Gaza for a long time, but the prisoners were a big escalation..

Did you forget this????? or just chose not to remember it??????? Or could it be that you are just ill informed?????

Lee
Man you are racist towards Arabs, I got you now... Do you know that the IDF has 10,000 Palestinian prisoners in their Jails?? and they have kidnapped a deputy in the Palestinian Government? Is that civilized in your opinion???

You know what I think? you are the one watching local media only...

Last edited by SilverSpear; 08-17-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Chris, are you really reading accurately all my posts? Do you think I don't get CNN and BBC here???
Yes,
But you are weighing CNN/BBC against your country's news. Which is wise. However, you talk about how our news is biased and you dont beleive a word of it. I would have to assume that the majority of opposers (of your freedom fighters) beleive that YOUR news is biased, and that is what I see you basing your judgements on.

Basically, if we are in a sence, both right... then the truth, as usual lies somewhere in the middle. But neither side sees it that way. Its just two extremests duking it out based on mis-information on BOTH sides.

So, we say everyone is hezbolla, and you say they are all civillians.

The actual truth is probably a mix of the above.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)

Last edited by RSVX; 08-17-2006 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:46 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Yes,
But you are weighing CNN/BBC against your country's news. Which is wise. However, you talk about how our news is biased and you dont beleive a word of it. I would have to assume that the majority of opposers (of your freedom fighters) beleive that YOUR news is biased, and that is what I see you basing your judgements on.

Basically, if we are in a sence, both right... then the truth, as usual lies somewhere in the middle. But neither side sees it that way. Its just two extremests duking it out based on mis-information on BOTH sides.

So, we say everyone is hezbolla, and you say they are all civillians.

The actual truth is probably a mix of the above.
Ok let me tell you how biased your media is??? CNN and BBC did report about Hassan Nasrallah's last footage he did 3 days ago, and they translated some of the important points he mentioned except the Most Important one:

He will pay between 20K $ for each family whose house was destroyed from the Israeli invasion (there are 15000 completely destroyed houses) just for them to be able to rent an apartment for one year and buy furniture for it. In the meantime he will be building back their houses from Hizbullah's own funding (Iran).

As for the houses which can be restored, he will also fix them all, a project which will take near a year and which the government cannot be trusted with.

CNN and BBC mentioned SH!T about that, I watched them both...

What do you think about that???

P.S: Work is in process as we speak.
P.P.S: I never post rubbish, that Joke was made by people, not by animals... The Jews are like that, PERIOD.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 08-17-2006 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Phil & Belha

Danny, I have a question. Just to ensure there is no misunderstanding. When you refer to "the jews" in postings like these:

Quote:
I am anti-semetic in the first place, anti-muslim in the second place and anti-US government in the third place, but never anti-US as it is. (the muslims are tho)
Quote:
Ok. The Jewish doctrine same as the Muslim is extremist as the way they consider themselves as superior to others. This is why I stated that I hate all Jews whereas I only hate your government (I liked it at one point in time when they helped driving the Syrians out) and not you people...
Are you only talking about the Jews who live in Isreal, or do you also include the people of Jewish descent that live peacefully in the USA and other parts of the world? I have been assuming that you are talking about the Isreali Jews, but judging from some people's responses, I'm not sure everybody is reading it that way.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 08-17-2006, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Ok let me tell you how biased your media is??? CNN and BBC did report about Hassan Nasrallah's last footage he did 3 days ago, and they translated some of the important points he mentioned except the Most Important one:

He will pay between 20K $ for each family whose house was destroyed from the Israeli invasion (there are 15000 completely destroyed houses) just for them to be able to rent an apartment for one year and buy furniture for it. In the meantime he will be building back their houses from Hizbullah's own funding (Iran).

As for the houses which can be restored, he will also fix them all, a project which will take near a year and which the government cannot be trusted with.

CNN and BBC mentioned SH!T about that, I watched them both...

What do you think about that???

P.S: Work is in process as we speak.
P.P.S: I never post rubbish, that Joke was made by people, not by animals... The Jews are like that, PERIOD.
OK, I never claimed that our media was not biased... In fact I stated that BOTH sides were spouting mis-information...

And oh yeah... I was reading MSNBC this morning and saw that part of the translation. Let me link you since you think we dont know about it. You see I dont stick to one source of news... I read as many as I can and try to pull the truth out of all of the sources. So, since you think our media is so baltantly biased agaisnt you, then why would the below even be mentioned?

Quote:
Hezbollah’s top official in south Lebanon hinted that the guerrillas would not disarm or withdraw but would keep its weapons out of sight. Hezbollah will have “no visible military presence,” Sheik Nabil Kaouk told reporters in the southern port city of Tyre.

Hezbollah has used charity work and social welfare programs financed by Iran to win wide support throughout Lebanon.

It continued that tradition Wednesday, saying it would help tens of thousands of Lebanese reconstruct homes that were destroyed by Israel, a move likely to deepen support among Shiites, who make up about 35 percent of Lebanon’s 4 million people.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14369995/
Page 2 is where this came from.
And LOOK! More Biased US reports of the same, that you claim is not being reported!!

Quote:
Hezbollah will rebuild all the houses and apartments destroyed in southern Lebanon, and give the displaced money to pay rent for a year, Ghassan Darwish, a spokesman for the group, said. Donations are coming from around the world to finance reconstruction, Darwish said, including contributions from governments and non-governmental organizations.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...YfY&refer=home
My point stands, you implicitly trust your media without giving ours a second thought... Like I said... the truth lies in the middle.

I would STILL like to see a response to my post in the other thread.

Last edited by RSVX; 08-17-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
You know how you know you have made a really good post? It's when no one respondes to it *sheepish grin*