IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Trunk Fuel Resistor

Hello,

I am having a hard time finding the Subaru part number for the trunk fuel resistor (the one with the two long white wires) underneath the rear deck. The part number on the unit itself is A15-000R20 but I couldn't cross reference it with any Subaru part numbers.

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2018, 11:21 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Trunk Fuel Resistor

Finally found it listed under "Engine and Cooling" then "Relay & Sensor (Engine)" on the Subaru Parts website. Unfortunately the part is no longer available.

For posterity, here is the part number information:

Resistor Assembly (rear trunk lid) - 22654AA060
Fuel Control Module (rear trunk lid) - 22637AA000
Relay Assembly (round under dash) - 82501GA240
Relay Assembly (square under dash) - 25232AA020

For those wondering, my car died while driving. Had it towed to my garage and began chasing the issue. Fuel was not being delivered to the engine (past the fuel filter) so I then checked the relays under the dash. Followed by verifying power to the fuel pump. After that I tried disconnecting the rear deck Fuel Control Module and the car started right up. This leads me to believe the Fuel Control Module is to blame.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:29 AM

Wow, how many miles on your car?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fuel.pdf (470.8 KB, 521 views)
Old 11-23-2018, 06:04 AM

Registered SVX

She has 115K but is kept in the garage and never driven in any precipitation.

That attachment does not have the parts I listed in case you were wondering.

I would really like to find a test for the fuel tank resistor. I didn't see anything in the factory service manuals yet.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:04 PM

I’ve been having the same issue where the car dies. After long threads of MAF sensor, I "believe" I have traced it to a fuel supply issue (I still haven't tested it). There have been multiple threads on this peculiar problem.

The car starts normal from cold, but when it heats up (especially during the summer) after driving, it stalls out and cannot be restarted until it cools down. I've gotten good at stabbing the throttle to prevent it from stalling out when I sense a failure, which is what led me to look at fuel delivery issues.

Here's the weird part. When I got the engine running normal, I would unplug the fuel control module from under the deck lid, yet the car would continue to run normally. H Am I missing something? Can someone elaborate?

Last edited by svxcess; 12-05-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:41 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacSVX View Post

I’ve been having the same issue where the car dies. After long threads of MAF sensor, I "believe" I have traced it to a fuel supply issue (I still haven't tested it). There have been multiple threads on this peculiar problem.

The car starts normal from cold, but when it heats up (especially during the summer) after driving, it stalls out and cannot be restarted until it cools down. I've gotten good at stabbing the throttle to prevent it from stalling out when I sense a failure, which is what led me to look at fuel delivery issues.

Here's the weird part. When I got the engine running normal, I would unplug the fuel control module from under the deck lid, yet the car would continue to run normally. H Am I missing something? Can someone elaborate?
Several years ago I explained in a post exactly how the system works, but I no longer have the circuit diagram. If this can be provided I will again do so.

Sincerely, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by svxcess; 12-05-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:17 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Several years ago I explained in a post exactly how the system works but I no longer have the circuit diagram. If this can be provided I will again do so.

Sincerely, Trevor.

Attached is the only circuit diagram I found with the resistor and fuel control module included. What really bothers me is that the resistance measured on the fuel resistor (R34 in the diagram) reads a resistance of 1.2 ohm (.2 is my multimeter’ss probe resistance). Yet when I unplug it, the car starts. When its plugged in it does not.

Attached Images
File Type: png diagram.png (50.0 KB, 680 views)

Last edited by svxcess; 12-05-2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Better quality attachment