Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2010, 03:00 PM

Re: So Cal meet is ON!

OK, as I said, I've been out of the loop for a while with health problems, but they're getting better, and I'm ready to become more active again. I had thought of a meeting place for the group, but while I like the Torrance Cruise spot, that's really too far south for some of us, (I used to commute from Chatsworth to Torrance every day until it got to be too much to do a 100 mile round trip on a daily basis.) I sort of like the Carriage Inn Motor Hotel at the corner of Burbank Boulevard and Sepulveda Boulevard in Van Nuys as a meeting point, basically because it is equally distant (in the middle) from both Museums and has a decent restaurant, and a decent coffee shop. However, it seems only one attendee is interested in staying locally, so I have not asked them for a block of rooms or a special rate. In other news, I have contacted Subaru of America, and invited the West Coast PR person, Jessica Tullman, to come to the meet. I have also invited the PR person from Mother's Polish to attend, since they have a marvelous headlight restoration kit. (Perhaps he could provide some samples?)
Other than that, we have been promised some special tours at both museums, and the Petersen would be interested in displaying the FHI prototype, if they, or someone, would bring it to Los Angeles.
And that's the news for now.
P
'93 Mercury (Aussie) Capri