IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2003, 06:17 AM
alacrity024

Thumbs up OT: Funniest Movie EVER

Strange Brew: The Adventures of Bob and Dough MacKenzie

I've been watching this movie religiously since I was twelve, but just wanted to share it in hopes that others here might hold a similar appreciation for this incredible piece of cinema.

My favorite scene?

Bob and Doug are in the electro-shock therapy room of the Royal Canadian Institute for the Mentally Insane, and Brewmeister Smith's assistant has just entered the room and gone to the telephone. Rosie comes in and Doug asks him "How's it goin' eh?" Bob hushes Doug because it can't be known that Rosie has entered the room and quickly covers Doug's mistake up by ever-so-convincingly replying "uh, it's goin' pretty good"

You have to see it to understand the unbelieveable humor.

My brother and I watched it last night and like true geeks, found a good number of "easter eggs" The coolest?

Bob and Doug return home after their movie fiasco and grab the last three beers from the fridge. After cracking all three and pouring one for their dog, Hosehead, their father yells to them to save one for him. They quickly chug the beers down to the background music of a Tom and Jerry cartoon (a recurring theme in the movie.. Tom & Jerry cartoons appear on the top-right monitor in the control room with the keyboard. Pam also zones out to T&J after the van accident). If you look carefully at the level of beer in the bottles, you'll notice that Rick Moranis can't chug to save his life, while Dave Thomas pours it down like a champ.

We're dweebs, but we love this movie

-adam