Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
back to mod mania for meeeeee!!!

Tom
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned

Question healthcare

why is it there was a scandal about getting healthcare for our newest veterans and the suicide rate for veterans has passed over 100/yr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362 View Post
I just wonder if embargoes are going to work for countrys that also would like to see this country fail. Not to mention pour money into them to help them develop weapons quicker. But you are correct in the fact, that this country is in need of some moral help. Big business will do much to poison us for money. But we do accept with open arms, dont we? The problem is not democratic, or republican. Its our own. After all, we have elected our leaders, either dem, or rep. We allow ourselves to be programmed by an agenda. more people need to step back, and look at the man behind the media curtain.
As for our health care system. I was recently in a motorcycle accident. Our system works just fine. Top notch doctors, and medicine. dident have to wait weeks or months for care, or medication. Why is it that people come from all over the world for our medicine?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

Exclamation America!

that's what i'm talkin about brother! open your eyes and see the whole picture, or should i say movie, dont get me on hollywood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Uhmmmmm....... Wow. I dont know what to say..... You go from saying we should have put an embargo on Iraq (stupid because we didn't trade with them anyway) to Gore receiving more votes and yet losing the election due to the electoral process. All the way to scandinavian countries being more livable? What on earth are you talking about? Transexuals??? Arrest rates??? HITLER???????????????????? Come one, you are not making a case for Massholes intelligence levels here.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned

Exclamation embargoes

if we put embargoes on enemy nations and their trade partners they would be too busy tring to feed themselves to be terrorists. we dont trade with iraq? truckers get paid more in iraq than the soldiers!
Quote:
I just wonder if embargoes are going to work for countrys that also would like to see this country fail. Not to mention pour money into them to help them develop weapons quicker. But you are correct in the fact, that this country is in need of some moral help. Big business will do much to poison us for money. But we do accept with open arms, dont we? The problem is not democratic, or republican. Its our own. After all, we have elected our leaders, either dem, or rep. We allow ourselves to be programmed by an agenda. more people need to step back, and look at the man behind the media curtain.
As for our health care system. I was recently in a motorcycle accident. Our system works just fine. Top notch doctors, and medicine. dident have to wait weeks or months for care, or medication. Why is it that people come from all over the world for our medicine?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to UPnorth362
Quote:
Originally Posted by porschekiller View Post
why is it there was a scandal about getting healthcare for our newest veterans and the suicide rate for veterans has passed over 100/yr.
Health care scandal for our U.S. solders. Well that would be because it is government managed. As far as the suicides. war is very traumatic, especially if you are wounded, or seriously altered in the line of duty. Many of the solders require alot of psychiatric help, but dont get enough of it because there care is government managed. Will I leave my care to the government, dont think so.
IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

92 Liquid Silver SVX LS-L
Old 10-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Hater

Quote:
Health care scandal for our U.S. solders. Well that would be because it is government managed. As far as the suicides. war is very traumatic, especially if you are wounded, or seriously altered in the line of duty. Many of the solders require alot of psychiatric help, but dont get enough of it because there care is government managed. Will I leave my care to the government, dont think so.

...and there you have it.

porschekiller, if you ever needed brain surgery (you may even need it now ), would you prefer to choose your surgeon, or let the government pick one for you?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
We both agree that our government is flawed. So why would we turn the one thing over to them that actually works in this country? I provide insurance for my wife, daughter, and myself. Plus I have a tax free supplemental medical savings account. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have what I have because I work hard, and strive to do better for myself and my family. When did Americans get so lazy, that we need the government to spoon fees us?
And you wouldn't have to change anything. You can keep your health insurance. You can have the option to opt out of nationalized care in favor of your private care. Don't penalize whose quality of life isn't as high as yours just because you are comfortable.
Quote:
The problem is that nationalization ALWAYS equals s.....l...........o.......w......
I agree that there is a problem too but turning to the government to fix it goes against everything this country was founded on.
Again, you can opt out of nationilzed care if you WANT to pay for private insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
is someone from alaska... AKA colony in Canada really requesting people to leave his country?? Just a lil humor to lighten the mood in here
Tom
That might actually be considered humor around here if it weren't for all the retards in the lower 48 that do not even know Alaska is the 49th state, or a state at all. Besides, I was born in Michigan, most of my family lives in Michigan, and it has been a huge struggle for us to get out of POVERTY. If any of you have been watching the last debate you'll know MI is doing worse than ever.
Quote:
I don't see why Burke would slap me but w/e....
He's an 18th century British imperialist. Why wouldn't he? It's a good thing they didn't have advanced technology back then. They might have labeled us terrorists to the throne and tried to wipe us off the map.

"The Colonists are developing nuclear technology! They are potential threats to us!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
the guy who lives in Alaska and barely pays taxes wants the rest of us to provide healthcare for him.

go get a job, you lazy hippie! you could sell tinfoil hats on the internets.
Barely pays taxes? Do I look like an oil company to you?

But no really I pay more than my fair share of taxes.
--

As for the military, there's nothing stopping the enlisted from using private health care.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Barely pays taxes? Do I look like an oil company to you?

But no really I pay more than my fair share of taxes.
Alaska is the only state that does not collect state sales tax or levy an individual income tax.

i'd consider that barely paying taxes. but, sure, you deserve free health care. in fact, you shouldn't have to work at all - how about some welfare?

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
I still pay 17% of my income to federal taxes. The state does well enough through oil revenue.
  • Free health care is not "free", not that I'd ever use it.
  • I'm against welfare.

Any other points of contention?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
17%????? in the words of Chris Farley, " Well laudy, freakin, dah" Massachusetts just deprivatized health care to a certain extent. I lose ( as a college student ) 32% of my income in taxes. I understand what you are saying about how I could keep my private health care company, but that is not the problem. The problem is that I would have my own company AND paying (through taxes) portions of other peoples insurance. That is 100% stealing. Heck, why don't I help out with other peoples tuition besides my own too while we are at it. Oh, wait I already do send undeserving minorities who get 700's on their SAT's while white people who do deserve to go but can't afford it get screwed
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-13-2007, 08:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
AND we have a 5% sales tax and ridiculous tolls on a lot of our roads.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-13-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
He's an 18th century British imperialist. Why wouldn't he? It's a good thing they didn't have advanced technology back then. They might have labeled us terrorists to the throne and tried to wipe us off the map.

"The Colonists are developing nuclear technology! They are potential threats to us!"
So are you trying to compare Colonial America and the British Empire to Iran and the U.S.? What are you smoking? There is no relevant comparison there whatsoever. The colonial Americans where not plotting the entire British empire's demise. They were seeking freedom against oppression. Iran is simply seeking to destroy us period. Nothing less than total anhililation will suffice for them. Iran is not a colony of ours that has rebelled due to our aggression. So that analogy is pointless. Even as a double finance and economic major in college I am also graduating with a minor in American history. I have had my share of classes and researching various parts of the circumstances that lead up to the Revolutionary War. My dad ( a huge British history buff ) also read your post where you were quoting Burke and started laughing. So, please do not lecture me on Burke. Sorry, but that whole quote and the way you try to equate it to the current situation is just that. Laughable.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
I still pay 17% of my income to federal taxes. The state does well enough through oil revenue.
  • Free health care is not "free", not that I'd ever use it.
  • I'm against welfare.

Any other points of contention?

17%??? You are one lucky guy. No wonder you can afford to be liberal You really don't pay 17%, its probably closer to 40%

Being self employed, I pay a total of over 70% of my income to one tax or another.
before you ask, here's the breakdown:
35% Federal Tax
15.3% Medicare & Social Security Tax
6.75% State Income Tax
3.04% State Unemployment Tax
6.2% Federal Unemployment Tax (but only up to the first $7K)
Then you add in your income lost on Property Tax, Sales Tax, Gas Tax, Tolls, etc., you will realize that you don't keep much for yourself. For me it averages out to about 15% of my income goes to those "Miscellaneous" taxes.

I wish that each person received a paycheck for their total earnings (including the employer's matching taxes) and had to manually write out a check every month for their total taxes. I can guarantee you that people would pay more attention in the election process.

Anyway, I'm going back to work now. You folks have a nice day.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 10-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Banned

brain surgery

isnt that what all the alcohol we consume does, sorry to disillusion you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
...and there you have it.

porschekiller, if you ever needed brain surgery (you may even need it now ), would you prefer to choose your surgeon, or let the government pick one for you?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
I lose ( as a college student ) 32% of my income in taxes.
Lol? Time for a tax reform don't you think??? Even ALL the presidential candidates agree the current tax system needs major reformation, so I do think you should consider voting for whoever you think can make that happen.

Quote:
I understand what you are saying about how I could keep my private health care company, but that is not the problem. The problem is that I would have my own company AND paying (through taxes) portions of other peoples insurance. That is 100% stealing.
Paying for your own insurance would OPT YOU OUT of national health care. You wouldn't have to pay national health tax if you prove you pay for your own insurance. This is my idea, don't act like you know it's structure like it's some sort of rule for things to only be a certain way.

Quote:
Heck, why don't I help out with other peoples tuition besides my own too while we are at it. Oh, wait I already do send undeserving minorities who get 700's on their SAT's while white people who do deserve to go but can't afford it get screwed
Reform, reform, reform. I see you complaining but I also see you supporting a foreign policy that throws our tax dollars into the trash.
Quote:
The colonial Americans where not plotting the entire British empire's demise. They were seeking freedom against oppression.
That was MY point you just borrowed. The error you made is thinking Iran wants to wipe us out. The imperialistic doctrine of the current regime speaks for itself, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds View Post
Being self employed, I pay a total of over 70% of my income to one tax or another.
before you ask, here's the breakdown:
35% Federal Tax
15.3% Medicare & Social Security Tax
6.75% State Income Tax
3.04% State Unemployment Tax
6.2% Federal Unemployment Tax (but only up to the first $7K)
Then you add in your income lost on Property Tax, Sales Tax, Gas Tax, Tolls, etc., you will realize that you don't keep much for yourself. For me it averages out to about 15% of my income goes to those "Miscellaneous" taxes.
My mother is also self-employed, I'll contact her later to see if it's anywhere near 70%

As for me, I just did the math and came to 17.33%, which consists of:
Federal Income tax: 53.1%
Social Security: 35.8%
Medicare: 8.3%
AK SUI Emp: 2.8%

That's it. I don't pay property tax or any others. Whoever intially made the comment of me not paying taxes is relatively correct.
You poor continentals.