SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2010, 06:04 PM
What do you mean wrong SVX?

Thumbs down One hell of an electrical gremlin

A few days ago, my climate control unit shut off. I knew I had to replace it due to the buttons being worn and it randomly changing settings, and this meant that I had to do it. So I took out the old one, tossed in one I bought a few months ago off ebay, and all was well for about 2 days.

Started the car in the morning, pressed the button, and nothing. Phone charger wasn't lit, and clock wasn't working, so the first thing I though was that it was just the fuse. Sure enough, I pulled it, and it was blown. Replaced, ignition on, and it blew immediately. Did it again and it yielded the same results, obviously there was an issue.

In addition to this, I've had a recent issue with my main window switch where sometimes I would press it, and it would take a second for the driver window to go down. I figured I'd have to get the switch, posted, but never found anything, so I left it as is. The functionality of all the other windows was fine. Driving this morning, I suddenly found that my window wouldn't open, and neither would any of the others from my switch. I leaned over to the passenger side, and saw that it went up and down, though I tried it again at home and it didn't budge.

I searched the site, checked my fuses and whatnot, and can't find jack. I haven't checked the relay under the driver seat, but my seats and sunroof are fine, so I'm going to assume that it's not the issue unless someone else thinks otherwise. I took everything apart again to see if I left anything loose, and it all checked out.

So now I have no A/C and my windows don't work, and I'm supposed to drive to my graduation tomorrow like this. Anyone know what's going on? I'm out of things to check, and this is really making me a sad panda. Please advise.