Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2004, 03:20 PM
tmaslar

Experiences with Level 10 Hydrosystem recalibration

Does anybody have any experience or opinions about the Hydrosystem valve recalibration that Level 10 (levelten.com)offers? They claim it lowers the operating temperature of the tranny fluid enough to make external coolers,filters and such unnecessary. All while improving shift performance and increasing transmission life. This costs $700 if you pull and replace it yourself. They want another $300-$400 if they R/R the unit for you. Is this for real and can it actually make up for design shortcomings in early 92' transmissions such as mine. $700-$1100 seems like alot of $$$ especially considering the fact that the tranny in my car is currently working fine. I am interested in keeping it that way as long as possible considering the well known problems with this transmission. I have already purchased an external cooler, filter and temperature gauge for the transmission. By the way the car is a newly purchased 92' with 44,000 miles on it.

Tom