Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2011, 04:51 PM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Time for me to move on...SVX in Columbus, Ohio for sale

I've been thinking about selling more and more this past year after I've achieved many fixes and maintenance on this car. I've always enjoyed this car, but I want to start saving for a new vehicle in 1 or 2 years. I've taken care of this car as best as I could and have stayed on top of routine maintenance since I've owned it.
I believe I have a lot to offer the right person. Check out my picture link as well. I have a few extras as shown below. I refuse to part-out the car, it just wouldn't be right.
I hope someone can take care of the car even better than I could have.

If interested, PM me or email me at sweetengineer78@yahoo.com

Location of the SVX: United States, Ohio

Year: 1995

Model: Subaru SVX L

VIN: JF1CX3353SH100539

Manufacture date: 08/94

Paint Color:Emerald Pearl

Interior Color: Gray (leather)

Miles: 161K

Options: Auto climate control, dual air bags, power windows, power steering, 6 cylinder 3.3 liter, cruise control, rear spoiler, AWD, power door locks, ABS, 8-way power driver seat, CD player (see below), leather interior, air conditioning

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: Drilled and slotted rotors installed including pads (7/08), Small car shift kit installed, Alpine Stereo CDA-9830, California Amp AP1040 1000W, (2) 6x9 Kicker KS693 Rear Speakers, (2) Pioneer 6-1/2 Door Speakers, Removed center exhaust resonator and welded straight pipe in place to eliminate resonator rattle, Quick Change for transmission installed (purchased from svxworldforums.com)

Major service: (9/11 – Mileage 161,000 (6) new spark plugs and (6) new ignition coils installed)
(7/11 – Mileage 106,700 Internal transmission filter replaced, new TPS sensor installed)
(6/11 – Mileage 160,350 New knock sensors, AACV, PCV connector, PCV solenoid, Iris valve (used), Intake and Plenum gaskets, intake manifold vacuum hoses installed, adjusted TPS sensor
(5/11 – Mileage 160,300 (4) new struts with Koni Inserts installed, (4) new strut mounts, 4-wheel alignment, (4) new tires installed
(4/11 – Mileage 160,000 New IACV, Oil Sensor, Coolant Temp Sensor, PCV valve installed)
(7/10 – Mileage 157, 126 New LR and RR brake calipers and hoses installed)
(5/10 – Mileage 156, 948 New rack and pinion assembly, new front right CV Half shaft, new rear brake pads, used brake proportioning valve installed)
(10/09 – Replaced all sway bar bushings with new ones)
(5/09 – Recharged air conditioning system, replaced high pressure power steering hose)
(12/06- Rebuilt starter installed)
(6/06 – mileage 130,898 – Replaced both lower control arms, replaced transmission gasket, transmission flush, replaced both rear sway bar links and bushings, replaced right front lower ball joint)
(9/05 mileage 124,836 – New timing belt, valve cover gaskets and bolt gaskets, water pump including seals, oil pump including seals, thermostat, cam and crankshaft seals, oil change)
(11/04 – mileage 119,088 - Initial inspection by Subaru after I purchased car – lube, oil, filter, 4 wheel alignment, replaced both oxygen sensors, tires rotated, heat shields re-tack welded)

Engine Condition: Good

Maintenance Records: I have only maintenance records since I had obtained the car in 2004 (major services listed above) I also perform normal tire rotations and oil/filter changes. I have all paperwork for minor services too.

Transmission condition: Good, smooth shifts, no known problems

Glass condition: Windshield new (08/2011), passenger side lower glass new (2008), driver’s side lower glass has a few scratches, all remaining glass in good condition (see pictures)

Type of tire and remaining tread: (4) Continental extreme contact (700) miles on them

Type of wheels: Standard SVX rims (4) silver (94-97 style) currently on the car

Interior condition: very clean, leather in good shape, passenger side sun visor droopy, leather above glove box getting loose

Body condition: Dings and scratches in various places, small rust spots on driver’s side door, front bumper cover has some cosmetic flaws with scratches, rear bumper cover has some scratches too, dent in rear passenger quarter panel (see pictures), small dent in front driver’s side fender

Known defects or problems: Cam seals leaking, possible drain pan gasket leak

Comments about the car: I love taking long trips in this car. It’s very comfortable and drives smooth. The interior heats up quick when cold outside. (see extras below)

Extras: I will include my (4) used tires/rims OEM with about .180” tread remaining , The used wheels consist of (2) gray rims and (2) silver rims from different model years ,(1) front bumper cover – used but in better condition, (1) complete set of used struts, (1) used front LH strut assembly, (1) ABS control module, (1) SRS computer , (1) used MAF sensor, (1) used TPS sensor, any other extra parts I have for the car, SVX technical disks, SVX owner’s manual, etc. Please see pictures, all is included *Trunk will be empty, just spare tire inside, I keep floorjack*

Asking price: $3200.00 Firm

Pictures: http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/y...78/1995%20SVX/
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Time for me to move on...SVX in Columbus, Ohio for sale

That's a very nice SVX and a ton of work has already been done on it. But, are you sure it is a "L"? I see AWD, Leather Seats and fake wood. Does it have a sunroof too?

Good Luck with the sale.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 09-12-2011, 07:00 PM

Registered SVX

No sunroof, and the rest of the stuff is easy enough to swap into an L model.

It appears to have the vinyl dash pieces and arm rests which are the true dead giveaway of it being an L model.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:06 PM
It's just a phase

Registered SVX

Ah I didn't know that about the armrests and L model.
No sunroof, Nate is correct.
It has fake wood trim and vinyl dash pieces ..armrests are vinyl too I believe.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95 View Post
Ah I didn't know that about the armrests and L model.
No sunroof, Nate is correct.
It has fake wood trim and vinyl dash pieces ..armrests are vinyl too I believe.
Oh yeah, and I just noticed the the non leather steering wheel. What I like about the vinyl pieces and non leather wheel is that they wear much better than the fabric ones. Seats are a definite upgrade.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 09-16-2011, 05:10 AM
It's just a phase

Registered SVX

Bump....

New price $3000.00
Old 08-31-2023, 11:44 PM

I doubt you will ever see this but I own this car now (Since March 2021) and last week I finally began restoring the car. Someone was very, very bad to it and it is in rough shape. It's probably in part out & scrap condition but despite the logical choice I am doing my best to save the car. I've had to daily drive it the past year and a half and even briefly had to live in the car.

It runs like a tank and refuses to die. It's been beaten the **** out of so badly that I guarantee you that the only reason it isn't a bunch of coke cans by now is because of the amount you took care of the car.

(sorry if it pisses someone off by necroing this thread)
2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Ruby Red, (188k, in limbo)

Last edited by StimulusMistake; 09-12-2023 at 02:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:51 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

That's pretty cool, 12 years later and it's still alive. Or as Robin Williams would sing..." oh, oh, oh, oh, barely alive, barely alive" (Bee Gees satire)