How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
I took revenge from my BOSS today... well

indirectly... lol, here is the story:

My boss arranged for the group a seminar about communications skills. One of our HR employee performed that seminar which also involved psychological mumbo jumbo of an individual, how he perceves the actions of others, and communicates accordingly.

bla bla bla... explaining pictures... doing some tests... we got to an interesting part of the seminar where she (HR employee) categorized people at work into 4 different kinds:

1- The Driver: Which is the manager, a stiff person who runs on 95% actions, 5% emotions. In other words, the Editor-in-Chief style of the Spiderman movies.

2- The Analytical: A backoffice guy, who is ambitious to become a driver, works hard and runs on numbers also and less emotions...

3- The Expressive: Who listens to you and agrees to everything you say and convinces you that he understands and everything... and by the end of the day do whatever is right in his opinion... (dunno why she labeled him "expressive" though, too lazy to these 4 personnalities).

4- The Amiable: Party guy.... loves everybody and doesn't care about the end of the World. He cannot finish or accomplish any job without the help of the driver. As she explained, the amiable tries to wrap up or develop a certain task without success... and here where the driver intervenes, holds his hand and guides and finishes the job for him...

We were numbered around 7 including my boss.

She asked us some personnality traits that we should answer and whatever points we got are to be categorized according to what's above.

Just as a note, my boss is a very very very egoistic person who cares for his looks, he needs to wear an Armani suit, Louis Vuitton shoes, Mont Blanc pen/wallet/cardholder... works extensively on his tone and body language, and expresses indirectly the atmosphere that he knows everything what's going on around the world and you know sh!t, even your foot size.
He goes to very expensive restaurants, changes his SUV each year to cope with the year in question. Last year he had a 2008 BMW X5, this year he is driving a 2009 Supercharged Range Rover, next year I won't be surprised if I see him in a Maserati. Luxury is his middle name. Back to topic:

I got a "driver" personnality, he got the "amiable". You should have seen the look on his face

I just wished I had a bottle of Black Label to celebrate that Joyful event!

I would like to hear your stories now... the legal ones at least

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: