Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Smile Spring has Sprung!

Woot! Spring is here, that means meet time! I am sorry that I missed the last one, but I had the choice of going out with a girl I really liked or going to the show, sadly I chose her ( she was nuts and lasted all of 5 min...) Lets see how it goes...!!
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
My car should be back on the road by next week end. I'll be ready for some meets.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBeefcake View Post
My car should be back on the road by next week end. I'll be ready for some meets.
Reading??

Tom
Old 04-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Reading??

Tom
Sorry no. I would love to go. I just can't aford it right now. Hopefuly next year.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Unless it is after April 28 (it is not) I cannot go... damn you NH and your under 20 rules!!!! (long story short, a ticket I got when I was 19 came back and made me lose my license for 20 days... grr)
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:54 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Funny stuff but not a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast View Post
Unless it is after April 28 (it is not) I cannot go... damn you NH and your under 20 rules!!!! (long story short, a ticket I got when I was 19 came back and made me lose my license for 20 days... grr)
HA HA! Not really joking cause I was in the same boat right when the made that law back in 04. I almost lost it but played my cards right talking to the judge.(Did you get Mr blah blah blah the Third? sounded like a human recording?) I won't be doing much of anything my self if I can't get either one of my 18's with a leak issue likely the valve stem resolved or another set to take the snow tires off. Also I'm having a bad day of changing my left CV axle. THE F'ING PIN IS RETARDED! It didn't want to come out and now finally I get it far enough and a method set to pull the rest of the way and it comes out leaving about 1/8th of it left right in the way of of the shaft sliding out. Will deal with that tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be better than forcast.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Locker Link Solution

are you saying the pin actually broke off inside?? that is insane, still all you need is the correct size punch

...unless you mean you are puttin the new one on and the holes are off like an 1/8th... in which case you need to pull the cv off the stub... rotate one of the two 180 degrees and slide the cv back on! the holes will then line up.

it was amazing outside today, went for a cruise at lunch and we held a meeting outside!
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 04-12-2008, 10:28 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
are you saying the pin actually broke off inside?? that is insane, still all you need is the correct size punch

...unless you mean you are puttin the new one on and the holes are off like an 1/8th... in which case you need to pull the cv off the stub... rotate one of the two 180 degrees and slide the cv back on! the holes will then line up.

it was amazing outside today, went for a cruise at lunch and we held a meeting outside!
No it's in. The old pin in the old axle broke off leaving around 1/8 of the pin inside. I actually have a slight bent pin punch now but it's out and it came out pretty smooth after I punched it a little to the middle of the shaft to pull the end out. I just kinda fell out after that. All yesterday was a pain with lining up the a-arm and the ball joint's tongue to now availe. Talked to Bobby late last night and will be taking the ball joint off then getting it all back together. Actually in the middle of letting my carpeting dry out from last day and night's rain. Working in the rain sucks but I didn't want to pull it inside to work on it thursday and then I hit the road block so I got stuck with the rain yesterday. Luckly I've either got a window of time with sun and the clouds are coming or the forecast will be better than it was looking for today. Anyone know easiest way to get to fuel pump in a first gen Imrpeza? Need to do a friend's today (tried yesterday but rain and all...). I did get something done though yesterday out side of getting the axle inthe trani and hub! I finally got the old radio out of my friend's Impresa and sold him on my old CD player since I'm gonna be listening to the sould of my exhaust in my OBS once the 3.0L is in and cause I can't afford spending too much and need ot get rid of parts I can't or won't be using. I'm just down to a Eclipse JDM navigation system and a Perrin crank pulley. A guy at work that just bought a bugeye is isnterest in the pulley but hasn't said anything about it since I asked him a week ago. If anyone's interested let me know. Pulley $95, Eclipse needs to have teh harddrive reflashed and loaded with US software that will work with the model $400. DVD-Nav(not DVD player), 3disc CD, Mini-disc, 7" double din touch screen. Standard subaru harness mated up(not the SVX one, but you could get a fresh one and do it) harness from the 3000GT it came from will go with it too if you want. Enough thread hacking sales pitches. GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY THE SUN AND WARMTH!
-Gaddis
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis