How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-23-2002, 11:15 AM
EverclearAtMSU

dumb insurance claim guy

ok, as some of you know about a month back, and still going, they repaved my road, and one night forgot to put up a marker indicating a big hole in the road...my car went in, broke the shock mount. So basically my shock isn't attached to the body anymore. For the past few weeksI've been dealing with the city and they finally sent someone out to have a look at it. The guy called me and asked what year, and who makes it, and kinda scoffed and said he'd be in around 12. so he gets there and is like well I know the problem and we wont fix it. I'm kinda shocked and am like what's the problem. He says the mount is rusted off. So I ask how do you know this, he says it's a problem with all japanese cars of the early 90's. This gets me pi$$ed off!!! There's not one spot of rust on my car, so I say find a spot of rust, he's like look at your wheels (he's pointing to the rotter!!!!) what's wrong w/ this guy!!?!?!!!?! I'm like look at your damn roters!!! So after an hour of this I'm like listen, the city is at falut, you guys are paying for it. he's like I wont make a promise on that till we take it into a shop and lift it up. I'm like fine, make the apointment and all that. I've been under my car, it's emaculate for the year, the only hint of rust is on the exhaust. GRRRRRR!!!!!

Sorry, just had to vent
Old 05-23-2002, 11:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
everclear sorry to hear that man, looks like u are having bad luck,, as for rust there no such thing there all rust coated and 2ndly rust is always on the rotor whene the car sits, what was this guy thinking what a ediot,i have bent a rim before and broke a shock on the dsm cause of stupid road work this one spot i rember i kept keep hiting it, pist me off then one day i saw a bradn new porche hit it he had to get it towed home so i didnt feel to bad it was ahuge hole in the road, the city doesnt like paying for anything, well hope things work out for u , be tough on them,

james s best of luck

city think every one drives SUV and truck, doesnt car for sports cars
Old 05-23-2002, 12:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
as for rust there no such thing there all rust coated
Well, I beg to differ with you there.. They are zinc coated to resist rusting, but my car is rusted..... I believe it was because the car was repainted and the body shop probably took it down to bare metal, and wore the zinc plating off in those spots..
Old 05-23-2002, 01:05 PM
Green1995SVX

Not to be a bummer or anything, but both my rear strut mounts are sevely rusted. From what I know, this is pretty common on the SVX... isnt it?

-Mike

PS- There is no other rust on my car.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:31 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Not to be a bummer or anything, but both my rear strut mounts are sevely rusted. From what I know, this is pretty common on the SVX... isnt it?

-Mike

PS- There is no other rust on my car.
Well, I'm speaking of the front mounts which are not rusted. And last time I looked at the back they were in good shape as well. Everyone I know that still has an early 90's car is having rust issues, even ones that had "anti rust treatments" sprayed in. I am pretty suprised at the lack of rust (never thought I'd be saying that)