How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-01-2002, 01:55 PM
Brian Steel

Looking for Sacramento SVX'r

I'm looking for someone in Sacramento who might be able to do a visual inspection on an SVX, possibly as early as
next Tuesday. If you can or know someone who can, please email me directly or call. I also might need a competent independent repair shop that is familiar with the SVX.

Thanks,
Old 05-01-2002, 02:50 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Cool

i can help you if you came down to Lafayette in Lafayette. for the visual inspection. oh yea the type of inspection would be nice is you clarify.
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 05-01-2002, 02:55 PM
Brian Steel

Quote:
Originally posted by jsvxstyle
i can help you if you came down to Lafayette in Lafayette. for the visual inspection. oh yea the type of inspection would be nice is you clarify.
This car is not running so the car would need to be looked over where it sits. Just a 5-10 minute visual inspection is what I need.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:03 PM
MINEZ BETTER

do a quick test of the basic function of a engine. disconnect the fuel line then crank the engine, if yes procedd to take the coil out of the last cylinder on the ezes side put a plug in it and see if hav spark, then check the injector pulse with a diod to see if it has a pulse, then to see if the belt didnt jump some teeth, its no perfectly accurate but pull out the coil on one side with the injecter diod on the same side you pulled the coil to see if firing points are good meaning itspark and diods at the same time. if that doesnt work crank the engine for about 25 seconds, you shuld have a code stored in memory for the fault read the code and do further diagnostic
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 05-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Brian Steel

Quote:
Originally posted by jsvxstyle
do a quick test of the basic function of a engine. disconnect the fuel line then crank the engine, if yes procedd to take the coil if that doesnt work crank the engine for about 25 seconds, you shuld have a code stored in memory for the fault read the code and do further diagnostic
Sorry to give the wrong impression. I'm in Tacoma Washington and I need someone to look over an SVX in Sacramento. I simple lookover is fine. It has no key, no seats and many other parts are missing. I just can't be there myself so I need someone to be my eyes. They don't need to be a technician. If I buy the car, I may want the name of a shop close by.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:30 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Cool

oh now i t the point. lol. soory for the long words
Old 05-01-2002, 04:28 PM

Registered SVX
Sacramento contacts

Try Steve Barsotti in Newcastle for the mechanic. He works on a lot of them. (916) 663-3077. Maybe I could look at it for you if he can't.
Ken
Old 05-02-2002, 11:17 AM
Brian Steel

Re: Sacramento contacts

Quote:
Originally posted by Hangtownsvx
Try Steve Barsotti in Newcastle for the mechanic. He works on a lot of them. (916) 663-3077. Maybe I could look at it for you if he can't.
Ken
Ken,
Thanks. I sent you a private message too but if you can do something for me on Tuesday the 7th, please give me a call at: 1-800-767-2780.