Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 02-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Its a Classic!

Maybe im being stupid right now but didnt he say he tried the wheels on without the rotor? wouldnt that cause it to hit?
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
I understand that BUT if the brembos are hitting the inside of the wheel, the wheels were never on a car with the Brembos (probobly 4 pots) OR the offset of the hub is different (which i doubt but I would like to dispell this now before I order my BBK)

Tom
That's what I was getting at that there must be something different with the hub that doesn't give it the same offset. Maybe he could shim it out a 1/4 inch or so. Can buy those Mr Gasket spacers for $10 or so a set.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 PM

ok this is what happend the brembos will fit on the mount of the knuckles but i would need coustom rotors and huge wheels like 18inch.

the problem is the caliper when putting it on the svx it push it out more so you need a bigger rim and a coustom made rotor, then i tried changeing the hole knuckels but there is none that will work for it. so the only way to make this work is big wheels and coustom rotors.

also i tried the 4pots, now this is going to be nuts. the 4pots fit but you would need a sti rotor and then you would need to get the 4pot and cut out a little metal so the rotor could fit and it would work, but the svx stock wheels will not clear the 4pots so you need agian new rims.

in the rear its just a matter of changing the backing plates, but i think it might get crazy like the front.

all this work to day WOW, all i no now is i am going to slap the brembos on my gc8. i returned the nice sti wheels so now its wheel huntting agian!! wow what a mess, at least we all know now what subaru parts will work for brake on a svx.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Its a Classic!

^$&#&^##&##*@*@*@ considering my brembos are in the mail and i already paid for them....there are so many 4 letter words i want to say right now

If the svx bracket pushes the brembo out more why would u need an 18 inch wheel? is the bracket farther in radius from the hub than the sti caliper bracket?
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.

Last edited by jman050; 02-22-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:04 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
I understand that BUT if the brembos are hitting the inside of the wheel, the wheels were never on a car with the Brembos (probobly 4 pots) OR the offset of the hub is different (which i doubt but I would like to dispell this now before I order my BBK)

Tom
With the work that I did, the hub mount of the STi's is different to the SVX meaning that the calipers will sit further out radially from the hub than when they are mounted on the STi.

I'm surprised they don't fit under the 17" wheels though as I thought the STi four piston calipers did fit...maybe the difference in physical size of the brembos is sufficient to hit the wheel?

Matt
Old 02-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Hey Jman, ship those calipers to me so I can do some test fitting on my spare hub... That is if they already have the rotor as well...

Tom
Old 02-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico i wrx u
ok this is what happend the brembos will fit on the mount of the knuckles but i would need coustom rotors and huge wheels like 18inch.

the problem is the caliper when putting it on the svx it push it out more so you need a bigger rim and a coustom made rotor, then i tried changeing the hole knuckels but there is none that will work for it. so the only way to make this work is big wheels and coustom rotors.

also i tried the 4pots, now this is going to be nuts. the 4pots fit but you would need a sti rotor and then you would need to get the 4pot and cut out a little metal so the rotor could fit and it would work, but the svx stock wheels will not clear the 4pots so you need agian new rims.

in the rear its just a matter of changing the backing plates, but i think it might get crazy like the front.

all this work to day WOW, all i no now is i am going to slap the brembos on my gc8. i returned the nice sti wheels so now its wheel huntting agian!! wow what a mess, at least we all know now what subaru parts will work for brake on a svx.
I just want to be clear... You tried to fit the Brembo rotors with the 114.3 bolt pattern?? Or you tried to fit the SVX rotor?

Tom
Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 PM

tom i tried everything the rotor are to small for when the brembos are on the svx knuckl

the rims you see in the pics will fit not with the brembos on stock svx knuckls. when you put the brembo brake on the svx knuckl it makes it sit higher so even a bigger wheel is needed and a coustom rotor must be made.

so the guys at four star helped me out even more, they tried a brembo brake from a mitsu and if you widen the holes on the knuckls it would work with that caliper and mitsu rotor becuse the rotor is a little bigger but you still need a 18inch wheel.

we tried everything today, the last thing is a 2006 knuckl on the svx but it would change the angle of the shock and geomatry.

i give up on this car, it would be nice but its costting to much to do all this. fixing it to perfection stock and selling it.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Its a Classic!

Tom- my brakes arrive this monday and ill be coming back to jersey for spring break in a week (im in florida now). ill ship them to you from jersey...otherwise it will be a fortune. What do you need a front caliper and rotor? Im curious to see if you think its possible to make these work somehow.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Maniac modifier

I think they will work, Or i Know a way to make em work... I hope

Tom
Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
i'm not particularly interested in doing this to my car but if you have calipers that bolt to the knuckles and want to see if they will fit under an 18 I'll test it if you send it to me.

your cars would look prettier with drift-R's anyway
Old 02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Its a Classic!

thats my main problem i just bought 17s and kumho mx so that i could do this.....im not going out and buying 18s now
Old 02-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Its a Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico i wrx u
tom i tried everything the rotor are to small for when the brembos are on the svx knuckl

the rims you see in the pics will fit not with the brembos on stock svx knuckls. when you put the brembo brake on the svx knuckl it makes it sit higher so even a bigger wheel is needed and a coustom rotor must be made.

so the guys at four star helped me out even more, they tried a brembo brake from a mitsu and if you widen the holes on the knuckls it would work with that caliper and mitsu rotor becuse the rotor is a little bigger but you still need a 18inch wheel.

we tried everything today, the last thing is a 2006 knuckl on the svx but it would change the angle of the shock and geomatry.

i give up on this car, it would be nice but its costting to much to do all this. fixing it to perfection stock and selling it.
IDK what ur shop was doing but the evo rotor is not bigger than the sti....the evo rotor is 12.6-12.7 depending on source....the sti is 12.85"
Old 02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Maniac modifier

Like I said.. send me your front rotors and disks when you get them and I will mock them under my 18's on a spare hub

Tom
Old 02-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
ah didn't know you had 18's.