Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-27-2005, 06:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Pics up

See Locker for Damage shots.
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelisevil
When I read this post to my wife, she said "They rolled the car and walked away, that's a great car!"
I rolled an '88 Suby 3-door (at a considerably higher speed) and walked away with only cuts in my knees from the broken glass I crawled through slithering out the window of the car, which had done an airborne barrel-roll and come to rest on the driver's side roof. Another reason to like Subarus...

James, you definitely should get another SVX. Glad you and your friend weren't hurt.

dcb
Old 11-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

I rolled my 94 Impreza a few times and hit an embankment at 65. Never touched the brake. Aside from the air bag injuries and a compound ankle injury I was just fine. When they came with th jaws of life I told them to just open the door. All of them opened and no glass was shaddered-just cracked. My engine was 3 feet off center.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:22 PM

Forcing me...

Every day I get more and more tempted to go rescue another Silver SVX thats in my town destined to die a slow death of field rot. $500 bucks and in great shape - tranny.....No one seems to be clawing tooth and nail for my parts car....which forces me to consider staying in, and going all out for the other car. Its just such bad timing for me. I had had my car planned to be garaged this monday for the rest of the winter. Didn't pan out obviously...

I'm getting ready to move to Mass, need to save for a nest egg of rent money, so I can look for a job down there, College comes in the fall, I need to save money, but all I can think about is fixxing another SVX up...hence...not saving money...I have another car now, so its not like I need to rely on the SVX...I hate hard desisions...I just hate to bare the fact that by the time I can actually afford an SVX properly, I'll never be able to have one. They will be gone. Most of all the Silvers...Im simply a car person, and the SVX is simply gold waiting to be discovered, I know it. Everyone here knows it. And I'm so terribly worried that by the time I can afford one, it will have already been discovered, and out of my reach....

Ok, enough self pittying drivle....Make offers on my stupid parts car people, before I'm forced to lose everything I have restoring a hunk of metal with cool windows.
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 11-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Sorry to hear of your loss James aka Adam Glad to hear you are OK though.

Todd
Old 11-29-2005, 07:14 PM

getting closer

hehehehehe. ...adam... I remember that!!!

...ohhhh I hate you all for twisting my arm here and forcing me to stick with SVX......

I think I'm gonna do it guys. I've just got the bug. its just so unfortunate that I hadn't gotten this bug maybe 10 years down the road, fully established.

One of the ways I was able to justify myself to purchase another SVX, is that I'm not taking a safe one out of circulation and putting it in my apparent "dangerous" hands... I'll be rescuing one.

If this act seems to fill me with happiness and contentment while I empty my bank account, does this make me 'sick'?

Its all on next Monday. Putting the other SVX up to check out its possibilities for tranny transplant. He's asking little enough that even if I decide to abandon SVX, I'll inform you guys of it. Body is great shape, lines are straight too.

James
Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Superbeast

Wow that sucks, it was looking so good after the repaint too.

You got to get another one now.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!