Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 06-09-2005, 11:31 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Nah, it doesn't run way lean. All of the wideband afr measurements on stock engines have come from O2 sensors placed after the catalytic converters. Cats tend to lean out the afr signal. My wideband O2 sensor is before any cats. With the Impreza RS fpr installed in my car, the afr is too rich during aggressive driving (ranges from 12.5:1 at lower rpm to 11.5:1 at redline). I want to reinstall my stock fpr and get some afr measurements, but so far, no time to do the exchange. I'm guessing that with the stock fpr, the afr will range from 13.5:1 at low rpm to 12.5:1 at redline which would be a just a little lean at low rpm but spot on at high rpm.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I wouldn't trust it. Especially for that price. You may as well get the cheap ebay resistors for the MAF sensor...it does the same thing.

At least the ECUTune chip does it's best to correct the poor fuel maps inherent in the OEM code.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Thank you all guys for your advice concerning this issue. It's nice to have good buddies like all of you who always show the truth... Decision: Not buy

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
94 ecu is different from the 93 and 92 because it includes an exhaust temp sensor intot he configuration. So the 94 and 95 include this sensor. The reason the 96 and 97 models are not included is because they are OBDII equipt. I do not believe in these kinds of power chips... especially for that price.. I myslef would not try to use one of these. And BTW detonation happens when timing is too far advanced or lack of fuel(leaning out) Pre-detonation is when the engine sputters after the ingition is turned off, due to excess fuelt hat has no been burnt.

Tom
Old 06-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
94 ecu is different from the 93 and 92 because it includes an exhaust temp sensor intot he configuration.
Are you sure about that?

I've run an ECU from a 95 in my 92 and vice versa no problem.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear

and sorry, i didn't get your comment about the "guinea pig" thing..
To answer that question, a guinea pig is a test animal that is use for experimental stuff. They usually die too

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 06-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
well maybe it just bypasses in yours. I know that when I swapped in the 92 motor I had to use one of my my old wiring harnesses to plug in my temp sensor since the 92 didn't have it.

Tom
Old 06-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX-FF
To answer that question, a guinea pig is a test animal that is use for experimental stuff. They usually die too

Steve
i don't want that to happen to my baby...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.