SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2001, 07:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Here we go again!

In an effoft to understand the enemy, I just read the complete text of Osama Bin Laden's rambling speech. He is either misjudging Americans or playing to a third world audience. Either way, he is grossly underestmating the resolve of the American people and our weaponry.

Larry III
Old 10-07-2001, 08:46 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
He's playing the third world card....the Islamic card to be exact. He would like nothing more than for this to degenerate into a cultural/religious war. Not content with hijacking planes, he wants to hijack an entire religion. Did you hear that the Taliban are calling US "terrorists"? If it wasn't so sick, I would probably split a rib laughing. I feel THEIR days are numbered. My major concern is some loose cannon terrorist, with some nasty surprise up his sleeve that would make the WTC seem tame by comparison. This isn't over by a long shot....
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 10-07-2001, 09:32 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Angry

Bin Ladin's ravings are akin to a ficticious past scenario where Hitler denounces our retaliatory attacks on Germany as a war against Beethoven, Mozart & Goethe. Nonetheless, we're in for a long winter or two. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:54 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
This isn't over by a long shot....
Nope it is not. If it was not Osama, there will be another one popping up. It may not be islamic related but that's the way humans are made

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-07-2001, 11:01 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Here's an interesting spin . . .

What Is Really Going On? -- by Jack Kinsella

No matter how you slice it, there's considerably more going on than meets the eye, here. There seems to be no shortage of questions, but all the answers are the same, and they just don't add up.

How can it be merely a coincidence that in all of the 20th century, in a nation as large as America, there were only 18 cases of pulmonary [or inhaled] anthrax, and it just so happens that at the same time we are gearing up for a bioweapon attack, Bob Stevens of South Florida just 'happens' to come down with it? The administration's point man went out of his way to say the victim was an 'outdoorsman'. Thompson even mentioned that he had drunk from a stream in North Carolina recently. What Tommy Thompson didn't mention was that he lived a mile from the airport where hijacker Mohammed Ata took his flying lessons.

Hold on a minute! With apologies to Shakespeare, methinks he doth protest too much! There's lots of outdoorsmen in America! And there are lots of streams in North Carolina. I've even drunk from a couple of them myself when I was stationed there in the Marine Corps. Come to think of it, there's lots of military bases in North Carolina, too.

Could it be possible that more outdoorsmen than just me and the late Bob Stevens of Florida both drank from a North Carolina stream in the last hundred years? Cause I don't have it! Why in the world would Thompson even make such an obscure comment? Why not mention the connection to Mohammed Ata? Especially given the fact that pulmonary anthrax is inhaled! People don't inhale water, even from a stream.

Or could it be that somebody is pulling our national leg? What about the hemorrhagic fever outbreak in Afghanistan? Something funny about that, too. Suddenly, up pops Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever. It has only appeared twice before. Once in the Crimea in 1944, and once in the Congo in 1956. Now it turns up in Afghanistan of all places. And we are told it is a coincidence, not a bioweapon!

The US, NATO and the UN say they are conducting a war against terrorism and terror. Who would argue that Yasser Arafat is not a master terrorist? Who would argue that Hamas, Hezbollah, Fatah, the PFLP and the Palestinian Authority itself are not terror groups? But the world is prepared -- not to make war on them, but to extend official recognition of statehood to them! Hamas, the PFLP, Hezbollah and a half-dozen similar organizations maintain offices in the major cities of the Palestinian protectorate. Despite the fact several of them just made the State Department's terrorist list.

An airplane filled with Jews is shot out of the sky by an 'accidental' training exercise. The whole world says, 'aw, it was just the Ukrainians'. The Ukranians say, 'no it wasn't'. It's pretty much forgotten already!

When was the last time we shrugged our shoulders when a passenger liner got shot down by the Russians? Remember, this was a Russian plane! Not even the Jerusalem Post is making a big deal about it, and every single passenger was an Israeli Jew!

The Saudis say 'you can't use our bases'. Colin Powell says the Saudis are cooperating. Iran says "we are not with you." NATO says, "Iran's on board." Pakistan is the Taleban's protector and advisor. We call Pakistan our 'most important ally' and share intelligence information with them.

And the various news sources on the net, the New York Times, LA Times, CNN and so on, just nod in agreement.

We keep hearing that Islam is a peaceful, happy religion that has been 'perverted' by some radicals. But the Koran says to convert infidels or kill them. Being a Christian is a bad thing, but being a Muslim is something special to be celebrated, understood and tolerated. Just don't bring a Bible to school. What do you think would be said if kids brought the Koran to class?

In the war against terror [except terror against Israel] we will have to submit to biometric identification systems, hand geometry, face geometry, stricter banking laws, ID's in order to use cash, our travel will be tracked, anybody not in the system will be suspect; and it appears that Europe is the one calling the shots. Is this starting to sound familiar to you? It is to me.

Something funny is going on here, and it doesn't quite add up. Especially if one is a Christian. The Bible says that there is an approaching world order, one in which no man will be able to buy or sell without being part of a system. One that is under absolute control. One in which there will be a 'good religion' and a 'bad religion'. One in which the only ones less popular than Jews will be Christians. A system that will rise out of the Roman Empire. A system described in detail in Revelation Chapter Thirteen.

It isn't here yet, but we can see the shadows on the horizon. The Rapture is coming, but the Rapture is not here. We are. And so are millions of unsaved souls that don't know what is happening, and we can't explain it to them. Because all we have for evidence of what is happening is what CNN, BBC, CBS, ABC, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal want to tell us.

Perhaps you agree, perhaps you don't. You must admit - it's food for thought.

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 10-07-2001, 11:24 PM
Headed to Texas...

Interesting spin?

Steve - I think if you look hard enough for something, you will find it.

Is it not possible to justify ANY action with a verse from the Bible?

Just more food for thought........

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 10-08-2001, 04:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Steve,

I like your "fish" symbol.

Larry III
Old 10-08-2001, 08:41 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I say we realease an entire flock of naked women in Afghanistan, and while the Muslims are hiding their eyes . . . we take their guns. (this thread was in bad need of levity -- sorry).
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-08-2001, 09:04 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Steve,
I have also noticed some of the inconsistencies with the reporting. Some of it can be explained by the fact that this is being covered by SO MUCH MEDIA, that it is akin to 10 people seeing the same accident....and yet they all saw something different. Or perhaps it is more like the blind men explaining what an elephant is like! Some of it however, IS a bit weird!
As a Christian, and a semi-serious student of prophecy in the 70's and 80's, I see much of what you see. As a semi-literate historian, I also see parallels with times past. The trick is to know what part applies to when. I don't see the Anti-Christ behind every door, but I believe that there are "types" that appear throughout history that tend to fit the bill. Eventually someone will come that makes a perfect "fit". By that time, there will have been such a history of "crying wolf" that almost no one will accept the truth.
It will just be another "opinion" and a subversive one at that. No one wants to believe scripture that speaks of "something like a mountain, ablaze and falling into the sea"; that is just the ravings of some old holy man of long ago.....but turn on the Discovery Channel and watch the latest on the threats of asteroids hitting the Earth....now THAT is something we are all supposed to be worried about!
Messengers sometime get shot for carrying the message. You had the guts to speak your mind, and in this "we must be politically correct" time, I salute you.
Just keep your flak jacket handy.... Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 10-08-2001, 09:10 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Milestone

Hey, I just passed 550 posts! this makes 552! Cool....

.....only 1938 behind Randy. Don

Old 10-08-2001, 11:52 AM
Lowered SVX

what we have with osama.....

is a damn lunatic who has warped his religion to serve his ridiculous vision. he is no different than another other fanatic who manages to get people to follow his influence. just another sicko. unfortunately for him he has bit off more than he can chew by f---ing with us.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-08-2001, 11:55 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Milestone

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
Hey, I just passed 550 posts! this makes 552! Cool....

.....only 1938 behind Randy. Don
Way to go Don! Those of us who are about to post, salute you.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-08-2001, 12:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: what we have with osama.....

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
is a damn lunatic who has warped his religion to serve his ridiculous vision. he is no different than another other fanatic who manages to get people to follow his influence. just another sicko. unfortunately for him he has bit off more than he can chew by f---ing with us.
Damned straight.

While I will be the last person to say we brought Black Tuesday upon ourselves, our weak policies against terrorism, and the nations that sponsor it, have emboldened people like bin Laden.

It is unfortunate that such an unspeakable act as the WTC attack (part II) had to occur for the US and the world to come to the conclusion that we have - that there is no reasoning with someone who says 'god told me to kill your people.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-08-2001, 12:05 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Those who about to post...

Randy, you are simply in a league apart!

My posts on the other hand, are a towering example of babble... Don

Old 10-08-2001, 02:42 PM
Sonnyred

Wow, Steve... Unfortunately, I think you and Mr. Kinsella are RIGHT on the money... I have been watching this acceleration toward Big Borther picking up speed for 20 years. I have always felt no country can take our freedoms, overtly. However, we will fall all over ourselves to GIVE them away. And there are two ways, two catalysts, to make that happen... Convenience and "safety". Either of which Americans will cause to give up personal rights and freedoms and unceremoniously gut the Bill of Rights... all with out a shot being fired. These acts of the terrorists are trule atrocities, and genuine acts of war. But how far are we willing to go, as Americans, to try and regain the illusion of "safety". To me thats the big question. I am afraid this is merely the beginning, the build up of an aparatus for a Single World Government... Honestly... if you cant see that, your simply not paying very much attn., and your not connecting the dots. But as an American, when we're asked to give up more and more rights and personal freedoms, when do you dig your heels in and say DONT TREAD ON ME... ??? One thing about it, EVERYONE's gona have to start thinkin about these things now... these ideas are out of the "debate" category, they are a REALITY now. I fear the "terrorists" are the least of our worries.

Sonny

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759