Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM

Re: 2012 Meet at Japfest Castle Combe, Chippenham, Wiltshire ?

You've got it right there Steve, one other strange sight are the young Japanese guys who I guess must work as executives for Honda in Swindon as they drive Honda NSX's flat out and make an awful lot of noise. Their young girlfriends dress in a very, how can I say 'strange manner' this year I will ask if they will let me take a photo of them and provided I'm not carried away and tortured in some ritualistic ancient Japanese tradition for being an old English perv I'll post up some pictures, you will not be dissapointed. The other girls of questionable motives and curves in the wrong places will be photographed too although I will keep my sunglases on so as not to give away my obvious thoughts.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Well Japfest was a shambles for a very large number of people. Fortunately we noticed a few cars turning right just after the motorway exit, when we reached the first roundabout and having not moved for ages we agreed to perhaps try the road. To cut a long story short we got there in 10 minutes whereas the people in the queue where we were originally stuck got into the site 2-3 hours later. My old RX7 was in the centre display area with a number of scantilly clad ladies draped over it, I must have sounded like some kind of old weirdo when I asked them to move away from the car so I could take pictures of my old pride and joy and to the displeasure of several male onlookers. The new owner of the car looked in total disbelief when I told him I'd had the car sideways round Castle Coombe on several trackdays obviously a point the guy I sold it to neglected to tell this guy. An old friend of mine well and truly stuffed his 750 BHP RX7 first time damaging the wing but was able to get it back on track for a later session then on the second session well and truly stuffed it at the back of the circuit. He is o.k. but the car isn't we all make excuses for this sort of thing but it's best to man up and say it's driver error. The Japanese girls weren't around this year which was a big disapointment for me despite there being more NSX's than I've ever seen in one place ever. Arthur UK and I both enjoyed it and he took more pictures of the girls than I did so hopefully he has the talent and the pictures so will get some posted up for all the old pervs who hang out here. Can't wait to see them myself.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:29 PM

Howdy Guy's
I got my SVX just a little too late to be part of Japfest at CC !
My name is Giles Walker and I am the proud (new) owner of a Pearl White with Black roof SVX - its my first SVX but no way my first Subaru, I have owned probably 20 plus Subies, and currently own 6 including the SVX.
I am aiming to go to Japfest 2 at Castle Donnington later this year, as I was there last time around in my MV1800 pick-up truck.
Maybe you could let me know if any other UK SVX owners are planning to be there ?
Also I am in need of some spares for my car -
The dash board heater / A/C control unit as it cycles through the temp range by itself (or is there a fix it option I can take ?)
Also I need to fix the finger switch for electric window control - the 4 cluster control on the driver door one - its the switch for the pass side window that wont work (the pass side one does operate it though so we know its good)
Any help or working spares out there ? Please get in touch !
Here is my SVX !
$(KGrHqF,!isE68hB,zqhBPgKyRDWFQ~~60_3[1].jpg
2012-04-27_12-52-26_571.jpg
$(KGrHqJ,!l!E9H6fvJtrBPgKyueuC!~~60_3[1].jpg
1996 SVX - Red with Black Roof
1992 MV Brumby Brat - Red (much modified)
1990 MV Brumby Brat 2" lift and big wheels
2012 Outback Diesel - my daily
2002 Forester Sport - wifey's daily
2014 Ossa TR250i Trials Iron - weekend fun !

Last edited by scoobydo; 05-15-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Do me a favour, when you find a cure for the scrolling temp control please let me know...
Old 05-17-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Do me a favour, when you find a cure for the scrolling temp control please let me know...
Oh I will find a cure ! I will !!
Of late its settled down and Ive jammed the dial to set the temp at 18deg.
Its going for the gas to be re-charged ( swapped to the new gas most probably) next week - when it's back from from having the rear diff re-built.
The guy where I take the A/C stuff to is a mine of information and got me my air/con set up working in my MV1800 Pick-up (A/c set up I imported from Oz)
I am hopefull that he will be able to help.
Even if we have to rig up a new (remote) control box to do the clever stuff hidden away, and keep the dial in place to look factory.
I promise I'll keep you posted !
Old 05-18-2012, 09:24 AM

If you look back far enough you will find that I accidently cured my problem (well one of them, some people say I still have many but they are nothing to do with cars) I started the car up one very cold morning and left it to warm up as you do. On my way back out I got a phone call about a contract and got so engrossed in the conversation I forgot the car was running, anyway I must have been on the phone for over an hour before realising I'd left the car running. When I got out to it I opened the door and it was like opening an oven I turned the heater down and it just worked perfectly from there on. At todays petrol prices its a bit of an expensive exercise but it worked for me, up to that moment I wedged a bit of paper in it.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM

Registered SVX
Thumbs up Re: 2012 Meet at Japfest Castle Combe, Chippenham, Wiltshire ?

I've bought stuff off this person before, he is ok, he has a parts off a JDM Alcyone
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-SVX...item20c5a61b23
Old 05-18-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobymal View Post
I've bought stuff off this person before, he is ok, he has a parts off a JDM Alcyone
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-SVX...item20c5a61b23
Hey ! Thanks Mal ! Just what I was looking for (plus the thought of a tank of BP's finest being used to cook my cab out was .. er.... a fiscally sickening thought !)
I've bought the unit so hopefully this should do the trick !
Appreciate your tipping me off to this

Anyone likley to be at Japfest2 ?
Old 05-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Japfest 2 in July is a week after I get back from a tour of Scotland, so very unlikely I will be given a pass out.

However I would like to get over for JAE in September if possible.

Currently I have no SVX MOT'd for the road and that might still be the case in September but I will plan to attend in whatever car I may have working at the time.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl