Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Registered SVX
My weekend experience

Now, I know it's been a while since I've posted,

In all honesty, until last week, the SVX had been all but forgotten to make space for a 97 Z28 that came into my life. I had become numb to what real quality, and handling, and poise mean to a car. Being at a tech school, all I wanted to do was go fast, so I traded my Dakota for a Camaro, did some work in class, and made 373hp. It was a real kick in the pants compared to that dog of a Subaru, with it's six speed and it's snarling V8, how could you go wrong?

Back to present day, and I have a Camaro with a failing Optispark, slipping clutch, a rear diff that makes some interesting noises, and massive amounts of blowby. Sound about right? I bit the bullet and decided to get the SVX back on the road. A gently used transmission and two struts later, I was in heaven. There is a feeling of solidity that would be difficult to find in your average 90's domestic, or any 90's car for that matter.

I turned 21 this weekend (actually yesterday ), and getting back into this car makes me realize how much I've actually matured. Sure I drink, but I could do that before. Before however, I would have bought my SVX because I thought it was fast. Now, I drive it because I enjoy it. The constant looks from the confused, the poise on almost any surface, the smoothness of that flat six...

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my muscle cars. My dream car is a C3 Vette, and I would kill for about any old Mopar. The SVX however, is in a class all of it's own, somewhere near all the other automotive oddities. More than anything though, the SVX is a car that you can always be happy to see... and even more so to be seen in.

Last edited by crash_2365; 06-01-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: My weekend experience

Amen brother.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 PM

Registered SVX

I love looking at them I loved mine from the day I saw it .I drove the 1st one that ever came to the dealer . I showed the pamphlet I got at a car show to my dealer and he called it a concept car and don't think any more about it kid . 6 mo later it appeared in his garage. He called me and I drove it . It was love at 1st sight . I still smile when I see another on the road Or even in the pages of a magazine or for sale on this forum .drove it across country. stopped in Texas at the Alamo. i parked in front of our hotel and 3 valet guys walked past a Porsche Boxter and asked my wife what it was she was sitting in and if they could park it for her, at almost every rest stop we drew a crowed and cars on the high way would pull along side us and slow down and speed up and slow down again . I still have people look at it. stranges question is SIR is that a kit car"
Old 06-01-2011, 07:46 PM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX

After going to Reading I have learned that the SVX is Truly and elegant car. It's not fast, and it's not a race car, but I don't care anymore. I love driving my SVX because of the looks and the great feeling I get to drive such a cool car. I don't care about speed anymore when I'm in my SVX. The Camaro does sound awesome though!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Speaking of SVXi and musclecars, I went to our local Wednesday classic/musclecar meet and wound up answering questions about the SVX!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 PM

i understand what you guys are talking about. i love this car it is so different then most cars
i cant even count on 1 hand how many times people in a WRX OR STI have pulled alone side of me and given me a thumbs up or took the time to roll down the window and ask/say thats a subaru (O.o) good times
or how many people ask is the windows custom done lol
or say i have never seen one of thoes before

but anyways my car is still for sale
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57434

(don't buy it its a trap) lol jk jk jk