Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-14-2008, 10:12 PM

Can't find plug to mass airflow sensor

I recently removed the intake manifold and replaced all my vacuum hoses. Finally put it all back together today, and embarrasingly enough, I can't seem to find the electrical harness that connects to the mass air flow sensor.

Can someone clue me in as to where to look? I'm wondering if it is attached to something under the manifold and feeds out the side, in which case I probably need to remove the manifold again and pull the cable through ...but then again, I really have no recollection of where it was located in the first place.

-Scott
Old 06-14-2008, 11:38 PM

Re: Can't find plug to mass airflow sensor

You won't believe this, Scott, but I had a vision about it and it is under the air box!

Seriously, it is either there or hanging down where it fastens at the bottom of the washer fluid thing right behind the air box and if you took that off, it is hanging down from a fastener right behind the washer fluid thingie on the frame of the car. The wires should be wrapped in the squirrelly protection black plastic stuff.. If it is any consolation, it can't go far!!

Take care,
Keith

Last edited by kwren; 06-14-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: left out "squirrelly"
Old 06-14-2008, 11:55 PM

Keith,
Thanks. Yeah, my question was kind of embarrassing and idiotic all at the same time...

I knew it had to be there somewhere. I did such a nice job of replacing all the vacuum hoses, and had this fear I would never be able to get everything back together, and then after everything went together easier than it came apart, I couldn't find the harness for the life of me. I must have stared at and poked around that side of the engine for over an hour...then I started thinking maybe it was supposed to be fed out of the side of the manifold, and that I had left it under the manifold. I had visions of taking the whole thing apart again.

Finally, after taking a good long break, I went out to the garage with a flashlight and noticed a cable sitting way under the engine. Grabbed it, and sure enough there was the missing harness..
-Scott

Last edited by scottsamuels; 06-14-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: left out word
Old 06-15-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsamuels View Post
Keith,
Thanks. Yeah, my question was kind of embarrassing and idiotic all at the same time...
-Scott
Not really.

Take care,
Keith
Old 06-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

Hey, your working on your own car. NO question is a dumb one. Silly, perhaps..but dumb...nah
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten