Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2008, 02:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX
Power steering hose

My power steering hose recently sprang a leak, and it's now progressed to two leaks and is losing fluid pretty rapidly. I need a new leak free hose. Anyone got an extra to sell? Also are they available at subaru dealerships or online anywhere?
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Is it the high pressure hose? The HP has the metal fittings on the end? The low pressure lines attach with hose clamps.

The HP can be rebuilt for $30-$40 at a local shop that rebuilds hydraulic hoses. A new one from Subaru is at least twice that...
Old 02-19-2008, 02:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to thickasxthieves
Registered SVX
its the larger diameter rubber or silicone im not sure which one that runs parallel to the block. it has a metal fitting at the end where it connects to the metal tube leading to the steering fluid reservoir.
Stage 2 ECUTune chip, 370cc injectors, ECUTune valve body and TCU, solid rubber motor mounts from a forester, outlaw phenolic spacers, COBBTuning lightweight blue crank pulley, Bontragerworks 22mm rear sway bar & endlinks, StrongFlex poly front sway bar bushings, Powergrid adjustable front sway bar endlinks, 17" MOMO CORSE RPM wheels w/ Toyo Proxes4 225/45, drilled/slotted rotors f/r, stainless lines, ceramic pads, Blue silicone radiator hoses, power mode switch, gold jdm hood badge, 20% tint all around, Hella optilux xtreme yellow fog bulbs

parts waiting to go on car: the rest of the strongflex polyurethane suspension bushing set
Old 02-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Yeah, that's the HP. If you can go without the car for a couple of days, I suggest removing it and getting it rebuilt. If you're going to try a used one, make sure you get the right type. 92-9? has a metal tube that runs the length of the block and only uses the hose to drop down to the rack. 9?-97 runs the hose the full length like yours.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Just as Hocrest said take your old one out, take it to a hydro shop. Any large town should have one and by the next day you should have a new one made. They'll need your old one for sizing and reusing the fittings. Most will even give you a choice of hoses and colors.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:24 AM

I just replaced both hoses on my 92 w/ hp rubber and stock clamps.
Schucks had the hose, I used transmission cooler hose and just cut to length.
1 from pump to cooler behind a/c cond. and the short 1 from there to hardline next to block.
I laught cuz you're all the same."