Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 11-23-2007, 12:06 AM
afterburners on.

WTB: clear headlights and corners

I'm interested in buying clear headlights with matching corner lights. Anyone interested in selling their's? I can also trade my stock ones if needed.

Also interested in buying a 97 center grille.

thanks again, dallasvx
Old 11-23-2007, 03:22 AM

Tomodachi

I live and work in Sasebo, Japan,
If I can be of any help with JDM Parts please don't hesitate to ask. Our local Subaru Dealer is located at the bottom of mountain that live on top of. I love making runs down the mountain although my Japanese wife thinks I'm out of my mind because of my obsession with my SVX!! (bicycling takes a whole new meaning at my age living where I do)! [Mountain Side]
Happy Motoring,
Yost-san
Old 11-23-2007, 03:31 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomodachi View Post
I live and work in Sasebo, Japan,
If I can be of any help with JDM Parts please don't hesitate to ask. Our local Subaru Dealer is located at the bottom of mountain that live on top of. I love making runs down the mountain although my Japanese wife thinks I'm out of my mind because of my obsession with my SVX!! (bicycling takes a whole new meaning at my age living where I do)! [Mountain Side]
Happy Motoring,
Yost-san
Hi there Yost-san

Please tell your Japanese wife she is not alone in the world. Everybody's wife on here [with the possible honorable exception of Diana] thinks that their husbands are obsessed with the SVX

Thanks for the offer on getting parts for us. I'm sure you will have a few looking for special parts.

The SVX is a good strong car for pulling up hills, isn't it? Do you have an additional Automatic Transmission Fluid cooler fitted to yours?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-23-2007, 03:43 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasvx View Post
I'm interested in buying clear headlights with matching corner lights. Anyone interested in selling their's? I can also trade my stock ones if needed.

Also interested in buying a 97 center grille.

thanks again, dallasvx
Dallas

1stSubaru

1st Subaru list the '97 grille at $130, which I think is excellent value.

However, double-check with them by phone before you pay over the money. The illustration they use is for the waterfall grille, which I'm sure is not what you want

It's probably a web error and the wrong illustration used, but better to confirm.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-23-2007, 04:45 AM

Tomodachi

Thank you for the support,
I didn't spend a lot money for the SVX. But since last June I have been trying to make the my SVX very safe and dependable while keeping it as stock as possible taking my hat to the engineers that design and built the car. I'm having way too much fun since I purchased the car. i have yet not invested in an outboard oil cooler for the transmission. Winter is here and I'm hoping no problem's until spring of next year when I can find someone to help me with the installation. Since taking over the SVX I purchase a K&N Foam air filter from Johston Speed Shop, Lansing, Michigan. Good price since he bill me here in Japan. When I took deliver of the SVX the power steering pump was singing and after sourcing this web-site i find out that with a TORK Driver and metric socket set I was able to replace the the O-Ring. Thank You Very much! The Subaru Dealership in East Lansing, Michigan had the new O-Ring for a dollar + tax. Since then the car is unbelievable!! A coworker of my mine suggested I talk to his Father's friend who is Yokohama Tire Dealer here Sasebo. I bought Advan Neova tires mounted and balance with full road side service 90,000 yen. Wow my car tracks like the ShinKan-Sen!!
So much for e-mailing its time for a Moutain run!
Later,
Yost-san
Old 11-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I am glad this site has helped you with some of your maintenance. That is what we are here for. And of course, talking about this great car.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 11-23-2007, 01:41 PM
afterburners on.

Yost-san, thank you for offering to help with parts and welcome to this great site. You will find a great deal of information here and will notice how helpful and nice the members are here.

The SVX is definitely a well built car and one that Subaru should have kept in production much longer. I have a 96 LSI and just enjoy driving my car. The SVX has so many features to offer from its all wheel drive option to solidly built boxer engine. I can also relate to your obession. I also devote a lot of time in working on my SVX. You will find so much helpful information here that you will literally spend hours reading all of the different posts.

Thank you again for your assistance and continue to enjoy those downhill runs in you SVX.

Jose
Old 11-23-2007, 01:57 PM
afterburners on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Dallas

1st Subaru list the '97 grille at $130, which I think is excellent value.

Joe

Joe, thanks for the information. I am currently wanting to change out my stock headlights/turn signals but don't own any cutting tools for installing the clear lenses. I honestly also don't think that I could preform the cutting fabrication without messing up my lamp housings.

I just wish that there was a vendor that would sell the clear fabricated lights?

jose
Old 11-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Joe, thanks for the information. I am currently wanting to change out my stock headlights/turn signals but don't own any cutting tools for installing the clear lenses. I honestly also don't think that I could preform the cutting fabrication without messing up my lamp housings.

I just wish that there was a vendor that would sell the clear fabricated lights?

jose
De nada Jose. I bought one for mine, and I am going to be doing a little body repair soon, so at that time I will paint it body colour [Liquid Silver]

As regards the lights, we get glass headlamps over here that don't fade or dull, so no need to go the clear route.

In your case I imagine you could possibly buy a dremel type tool that would easily cut the plastic for you in Walmart, I expect in the $20 to $30 range. No?

Be brave, man. If Alan can do it, anybody can do it Alan's advice about marking the cutting line with tape seems foolproof to me. Sure you can do it!!

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-25-2007, 08:43 PM
afterburners on.

Glass ones would ge great, just not available here in the states. I recently picked up a pair of used lights that are in better shape than my old faded ones. I may take your advise and buy a dremel to attempt this mod. If I mess up, I'll still have my second set of lights. Alan's lights look great and I will definitely make use of his masking tape suggestion. Thanks again for your vote of confidence

tu amigo, jose
Old 11-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Glass ones would ge great, just not available here in the states. I recently picked up a pair of used lights that are in better shape than my old faded ones. I may take your advise and buy a dremel to attempt this mod. If I mess up, I'll still have my second set of lights. Alan's lights look great and I will definitely make use of his masking tape suggestion. Thanks again for your vote of confidence

tu amigo, jose
No problemo, best of luck with the change.

I think the clear installation looks very good, although I know not everybody agrees. As a worthwhile bonus, the light output will be seriously upgraded. This has to be welcome on safety grounds alone.

Compared to modern day cars, the SVX is as quick or quicker. However the illumination power of new cars these days is brilliant, pun intended, and the SVX has always been below par in light output for the speed it can go.

I don't think you will regret doing the job, Jose, it's worth it.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: