Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
i don't reccomend replacing the boot and refilling it with oil, as the cv joint has already been exposed, has dirt, excess wear, etc. that is bad for it, and hte reason the boot is there to begin with. The hassle/cost of replacing the whole thing is much easier/safer than replacing the boot.

Yeah, got that much already... the new CV axle is already in...

Still no luck on the pin. 3 hours into fighting with it, and I have to be somewhere in 2 hours... . I can't get over this. NOTHING should be this much trouble, seriously. I've resorted at this point to grinding the pin down, but still no luck. It's ground down about half way the length of the pin at this point. It's stuck to the point of not moving (again... for about the 7th time) but now I can't even get it back out. I'm growing tempted to chop it off in a dremel and call it victory...

I've tried just about everything at this point, both sides, grinding it, spinning it. I'm growing concerned about the integrity of the pin it's been removed so many times. It's bound to break eventually. Anyone else have to cut corners at this step or am I just retarded?

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Victory is achieved. She's all back together and back on the ground.

I want to thank everyone for their much valued input. And until next time...

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777
Victory is achieved. She's all back together and back on the ground.

I want to thank everyone for their much valued input. And until next time...
Another baptism by fire.

Welcome to the world of SVX ownership. Now go out and buy 8 or 10 more and try to get them (and keep them) in operating condition!

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint