Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 05-14-2007, 11:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to VectorNut Send a message via AIM to VectorNut Send a message via MSN to VectorNut Send a message via Yahoo to VectorNut
Recommended Upgrades?

I just bought a 94 LS-L that's mechanically stock. I'm very happy with it, but I'd be even more happy if it had more power and a slightly louder, nicer sounding exhaust. While trying to keep the costs below $2K or so, what are some recommended upgrades? Intake, exhaust, headers, ECU, etc? I tried searching for it, but I suck at the search, and couldn't find anything like some recommended upgrade paths with reasoning behind them. Or any upgrade paths, at all, for that matter. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
There isn't a whole ton that can be done to an SVX without major investments. Most of the exhaust mods are custom jobs, and there really isn't anything to be gained by modifying the intake. For the money, I'd say an ECUTune chip is the way to go, either the newest stage 1 chip, or 2V7, which requires new injectors and a new MAF.

The big performance gains come from 5 or 6-speed trannies, or a 4.44 auto trans. Big power means forced induction. Those options (6MT and FI mostly) get pricey very fast.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 05-15-2007, 12:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVX PlayBoy
To start off

What I did was upgrade the brakes to dimple and slotted rotors, new pads, and SS brake lines. You gotta stop right? Next I did the ECUtune chip upgrade, which helps on performance and saves you some money at the pump. I then did the exhaust, replacing everything with a high flower unit, but now that I don't have to pass emmisions anymore. I am running it off the headers now cause I don't like my neighbors. Like Crazy_Pilot said, Lots of custom work, and lots of money invested. But if you take care of this car it will run forever. I believe a member on here just hit 300,000 on thiers. Mine isn't even 1/3 of that yet! Welcome to the site!