How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-04-2002, 12:51 PM
ehyde111

wipers sitting high - not winter mode

My front winshield wipers are sitting high. I know they are not in winter mode. Does anyone know how to adjust them back down to where they belong? I've attached a pic.

THanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wipers.jpg (106.7 KB, 168 views)
Old 05-04-2002, 05:13 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
When you switch to winter mode do the wipers change position? i.e. do they move even higher on the window?

If that is the case (I'm thinking it's not) then you should just be able to remove the wiper arms and assemble them at the proper height.

I've noticed that sometimes my wipers are in the wrong spot. After I use the wipers they go where they should be.

Try changing the switch both with the key on as well as the key off to see if that makes any difference.

I'm not sure if any of these ideas will work but it may give you a start.
Old 05-04-2002, 05:45 PM
ehyde111

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
When you switch to winter mode do the wipers change position? i.e. do they move even higher on the window?

If that is the case (I'm thinking it's not) then you should just be able to remove the wiper arms and assemble them at the proper height.

I've noticed that sometimes my wipers are in the wrong spot. After I use the wipers they go where they should be.

Try changing the switch both with the key on as well as the key off to see if that makes any difference.

I'm not sure if any of these ideas will work but it may give you a start.
Yes, if I switch to winter mode, they do move even higher. I'll have to take a closer look and see how to disassemble them
thanks
Old 05-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Doogie

mine are that high also, how do I switch them back to normal?
Old 05-04-2002, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doogie
mine are that high also, how do I switch them back to normal?
There's a switch under your dashboard to the left of the lever that opens the hood. Switch it to the other position and they'll move down.

Dave
Old 05-04-2002, 10:16 PM
ravi

hey christopher,
Just got a real quick question for you. Where did you get that windshield decal from?? I like the way SVX is written on your windshield and those two alcyone sticker. where did you get it from ???
Old 05-04-2002, 10:57 PM
Cisco

sounds like they have been installed improperly. The auto glass shop that installed my windshield reinstalled mine in the wrong position. Just remove the wiperarms and bolt them up in the correct position. Its an easy fix.
Old 05-05-2002, 04:26 AM
ehyde111

Quote:
Originally posted by ravi
hey christopher,
Just got a real quick question for you. Where did you get that windshield decal from?? I like the way SVX is written on your windshield and those two alcyone sticker. where did you get it from ???
The decal was custom made. I gave him a digital image of the acylone emblem and took it from there. It was from www.stripeman.com He said that it would be archived under my name for at least 2 years. So if you want you may be able to get one without paying for the custom work. My name is Christopher Benfield. Here's his email kmessina@stripeman.com
His name is Kevin Messina. Good luck