Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-26-2001, 09:29 PM
ravi

reprogamming the security system

Hi,
John gave me a book which had directions to reprogram the security system and some other stuff, but I lost the book (sorry john, can I get one again?)and I need to reprogram the security system. Can somebody give me directions ??
Old 12-27-2001, 08:27 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: reprogamming the security system

Quote:
Originally posted by ravi
Hi,
John gave me a book which had directions to reprogram the security system and some other stuff, but I lost the book (sorry john, can I get one again?)and I need to reprogram the security system. Can somebody give me directions ??
From the Yahoo site FAQ, courtesy Terry McLane:

How do you reprogram the remote keyless entry transmitter?
This procedure is used if you need to program a new transmitter or additional transmitters. Programming is done by pressing the button on the transmitter after entering the programming mode. To enter the programming mode, use the following procedure:

Turn the security system off by pushing the security switch (light off).
Turn the ignition switch on, then off.
Immediately push the security switch on and off rapidly until the horn starts to beep; then stop pushing. The system is now in the programming mode and you are ready to program the transmitter. The programming mode is indicated by the parking lights flashing and a clicking noise emanating from the glove box.
To program two transmitters slowly press the remote button two times on each transmitter.
To program one transmitter slowly push the remote button four times.

Note: The parking lights will turn on when the button is pushed and turn off when the button is released.
To exit programming mode, turn the ignition switch on, then off. The parking lights will stop flashing and the system can be used normally.

What battery fits in the remote keyless entry transmitter?
Radio Shack #27-279 GP27A. This is a single replacement for the multiple batteries required originally.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 12-27-2001 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-27-2001, 07:58 PM
ravi

thanx arub ( did you mind that short name?)
Old 12-27-2001, 10:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by ravi
thanx arub ( did you mind that short name?)
Not at all, just keep the "e" and "d" in it (aredub). Otherwise, people might get the wrong idea. I suppose we've known each other long enough that you can call me by my "familiar" name.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 12-29-2001, 07:09 AM
Is it Summer yet?

I don't use my SVX as a daily driver. It gets spoiled, garaged and sometimes covered and sees day light usually only at weekends.
However, due to a lot of travelling on business and a trip to the UK it recently went 6 weeks without use. Needless to say the battery was flatter than a pancake.
Now the security system is inoperative. I get no response from the remote at all and the light on the button glows continuously when in the on position. I have not even attempted to do the reprogramming yet.
This happened one time before when I had the battery out to do a spark plug change. Then I went through all the motions of reprogramming but without success. A couple of weeks passed by and for no apparent reason it began to work again.
I'll see what happens this time.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 12-29-2001, 01:35 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by montypython
I don't use my SVX as a daily driver. It gets spoiled, garaged and sometimes covered and sees day light usually only at weekends.
However, due to a lot of travelling on business and a trip to the UK it recently went 6 weeks without use. Needless to say the battery was flatter than a pancake.
Now the security system is inoperative. I get no response from the remote at all and the light on the button glows continuously when in the on position. I have not even attempted to do the reprogramming yet.
This happened one time before when I had the battery out to do a spark plug change. Then I went through all the motions of reprogramming but without success. A couple of weeks passed by and for no apparent reason it began to work again.
I'll see what happens this time.

Colin, try to carefully "document" every phase of your diagnostic. This seems to be a common security system problem. This is what mine was doing when I thought it was kaput. Your work could be critical to the "cause."
Subaru Ambassador