How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-21-2003, 09:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Freeks!

I had 2 kids in an early 90's Accord (4-door) w/ a fart can try to race me! They kept getting beside me at red lights and revving the engine. We had trafficin front of us for 3 lights. On the forth we got he front spots. I looked over and they kept revving and laughing. I couldnt take it. When the light changed we both stomped it. I passed through the fifth light with about a 5 car lead. The next time they pulled beside me, they wornt laughing or revving the engine. It was obvious the only thing they did was add the fart can. Everything else looked stock. Why do people insist on thinking just because its louder it must be faster?
Old 12-21-2003, 09:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
LOL, stupid ricers. Never had them do that to me yet. I can't wait for the day I smoke my first ricer. Although that won't be happening around here. I live in the boonies. Only ricer I know is a friend of mine who knows damn well any attempts at racing my car will result in his defeat.

Oh, and in reply to your question. Its not about that since it looks fast that it is fast. Its the ricer I'm better than your are and I'm going to prove it attitude.

Last edited by Wiz; 12-21-2003 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:54 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Hey Wiz,

Head into Bangor or down here to Waterville about May. The ricers in those areas start coming out around that time. Down here there are a couple of Ecplises and several Civics, and a really nice Accord that was actually done quite tastefully. Don't know about power mods on any of them, though, but I doubt there is any. The only one I'm really waiting for is a kid I went to school with (Eminem wannabe) that has a '95 or so Impreza L with what he says is WRB paint, a big @$$ wing, and no front or rear bumpers, awaiting a body kit. Supposedly it's also turboed, yet I've never heard a turbo that sounds like that, it just sounds like a fart cannon to me. To listen to him talk, he thinks that little 1.8 is the fastest thing in Maine. I can't wait, heheh.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 12-22-2003, 11:10 AM
The Croupier

I was comming back from an airport drop off,
Cruisen up I-5 at about 80 Traffic kinda thin & mostly runnen 70'ish
When these 2 kids in a Toyota Supra (Whale tail & Coffee can muffler Tip ) gets beside me & starts a little pull up drop off tryn to get me to play.. I got the radio at earbleed level & didnt notice them right away & when i looked over they where laughing there asses off & pointing & waving.. Then the driver gives me this bye bye wave & drops down a gear ( what a sound lol )
well as he jumps a 1/2 car length I smile an evil little smile & go what the hell & Drop the pedal. I was doing over 80 when i mashed it & it pushed me back into the seat with an awsome feeling & I gave em a lil beeb beeb & a smile wave as i Pulled away ( with what appeared to be NO effort at all ) I ran her up to about 130 & was at that time about 10-20 car lengths ahead when i thought about my driving record So i let off & slowed to about 75.. They caught up & to there credit looked properly Abashed , Gave me the Ok you be bad wave & smiled the Defeat smile & then the thumbs up. They started getting into the right lanes to Exit & the way they where shaking there heads at each other was PRICELESS !!!
I get a few chances a week to do this & it has yet to get old
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k
Old 12-22-2003, 12:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Love it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gargoyle
I was comming back from an airport drop off,
Cruisen up I-5 at about 80 Traffic kinda thin & mostly runnen 70'ish
When these 2 kids in a Toyota Supra (Whale tail & Coffee can muffler Tip ) gets beside me & starts a little pull up drop off tryn to get me to play.. I got the radio at earbleed level & didnt notice them right away & when i looked over they where laughing there asses off & pointing & waving.. Then the driver gives me this bye bye wave & drops down a gear ( what a sound lol )
well as he jumps a 1/2 car length I smile an evil little smile & go what the hell & Drop the pedal. I was doing over 80 when i mashed it & it pushed me back into the seat with an awsome feeling & I gave em a lil beeb beeb & a smile wave as i Pulled away ( with what appeared to be NO effort at all ) I ran her up to about 130 & was at that time about 10-20 car lengths ahead when i thought about my driving record So i let off & slowed to about 75.. They caught up & to there credit looked properly Abashed , Gave me the Ok you be bad wave & smiled the Defeat smile & then the thumbs up. They started getting into the right lanes to Exit & the way they where shaking there heads at each other was PRICELESS !!!
I get a few chances a week to do this & it has yet to get old

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

I loved smoking ricers

while driving my VW Passat wagon (turbo 5 speed). Talk about ruining their day

Todd
Old 12-22-2003, 07:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
haha!

Welcome to NJ

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 12-22-2003, 08:14 PM
DearPrudence

I have fools trying to pull that kind of nonsense with me all the time, too. I never get the opportunity to humble their sorry a55es, though, due to massive traffic congestion around these parts.

However... when I was on my road trip, I went to pass somebody the way I always do - lay off the gas until I'm clear, then gun it. I was floored when I looked in my rear view & the car I was passing was 100 yards behind me. My speedo was at 90 (I was probably going 55-60 when I went to pass).

I love my SVX
Old 12-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Superbeast

I dusted a 90's Accord off a stop lite. He had the loud muffler and the blue marker lites, all cool like. I don't think he even noticed me until he realized that I was out accelerating him, he must have been taching that poor thing to 8grand trying to keep up but I just kept pulling away. I never did see him pull back up, I assume he either did the pull off or he just stayed back.

Did I mention I was in my Loyal
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 12-23-2003, 09:31 AM

The last time I raced some one was in 1979 in my 75 TR6 that was the pace car at Mosport Race track in Ontario. My lord that car was fast. And it was also the last sports car I said I would ever buy.So a week after I have the SVX I get my first challenge in in 24 years. A Toyota Celica creaps up beside me at the stop lights and floors it. Like I said the last time I raced some one was in 1979. AS you grow older you realise that you are not immortal

And the newbe gets his 100 post.

Tom

That's a Subaru
Old 12-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Fart Can speed...

Coming home from work yesterday a little honda accord pulls up along side of me at a stop light. The kids rev up the little 4 banger echoing through the fart can and take off, as if to race me to the next stop light... At the next stop light (one block from the last) I pull up along side and rev my engine....

They pulled out real nice when the light changed... apparently with no thought of racing....
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .