Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-26-2003, 09:42 PM
SVXdriver_007

Re: As a father of 2 will add a cent for each...

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
My daughter, about 1 1/2 years old now, is no problem to put to bed. She comes to us with her blankie and nuk when she is tired. Jackie and I are hoping it stays that way. She is an early riser, much to our chagrin, and awakes bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Just as a warning that is exactly how Kailey started.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Re: Re: As a father of 2 will add a cent for each...

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007

Just as a warning that is exactly how Kailey started.
You funny guy...you FUNNY guy!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:50 PM
StaceyVX

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
my advice should really have no bearing on this situation since i'm 22 and don't plan on having kids until i'm 30 (if ever)

however i think i should say that i disagree with the "ignore" thing.. it never feels good to be ignored, especially by people who love you.

-adam
I am going to have to say the same thing as Adam here, except for the fact that I DO plan on having kids. I'm 22 as well, but I think what we can relate to you as experiences from when we were younger, might help.

I agree with Adam on the "ignore" topic. I can't elaborate on it any further, because I think he put it best. The only thing I can say is that I found myself doing this when I was younger for a period of time because my dad worked 2 jobs (one in the morning and one right after we ate dinner). So the times that he was home, I wanted to talk to him. I felt I didn't see him enough. Could it be that the times she comes down to sit on your lap that she wants time with you? If so, just try and set aside a designated time everyday to sit and talk with her.

As for bedtimes when I was younger, I was always a night owl. My bedtime started at 8 all through grade school, 9 in middle school, and in high school became 10:30. Of course I didn't fall asleep at those times, ever, unless I was deathly exhausted. You definitely have to set a bedtime, otherwise your child will see it as you are letting them do whatever they want.

A good idea is to tell her that bedtime is at a certain time and if she cannot sleep, she is allowed to do something that doesn't allow her to leave the bed. Better yet, think of things that she can do without leaving her bed, tell her them, and only allow her to do these things only. Some examples are, playing a GameBoy, drawing, reading...Also, try getting a light that isn't really bright, like a nighttable lamp. So say if she is reading or playing the GameBoy, the atmosphere isn't too bright, and her eyes will get tired.

The reason I suggest this is because whenever my parents sent me to bed, I tried finding things that could make me fall asleep. The worst thing when you're a child is to lay there in the dark and not be able to sleep. I used to sneak a flashlight into my bed to do the things I suggested you could allow your child to do because my parents wouldn't let me have the light on.

Good luck...I think the best advice you can get is from yourself. Think back to when you were little and I'm sure you can remember that you might not have went to sleep when you were supposed to. Try and think why and what you did to help yourself sleep.

P.S. I also agree with the milk thing. My mom used to heat a glass of it up in the microwave so it was lukewarm. The warm milk is really comforting and really settles you. Give it to her in bed.

Last edited by StaceyVX; 07-27-2003 at 02:56 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: