Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Competition Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

SCCA classing question, 5 speed maual SVX

I have sold my automatic transmission SVX which I campaigned in the SCCA STX class. I hope to find the time in 2009 to campaign my 5 speed SVX which inspires my question above.

From previous research I know that I cannot compete in Stock, or Street Touring classes. I somewhat recall that Steet Prepared was not an option with the swap. This leaves Street Modified (SM) if I interpret the rules correctly. Any input from you racer types?

I do not anticipate any possibility of competitive performance if SM is the class I need to race in as Detroit is home the the national champ in SM driving a 400+ HP gutted Mitsubishi Evo. I just want to run in the correct class. I've downloaded the 2009 rules for review this weekend and I'm looking at a used set of Hoosier V710 tires to help my times.
I would like to get the fiberglass hood from OT as well as the camber/caster plates from the group buy. I'll be transplanting my Recaro seats and possibly gutting (lightly) the car or at least removing the back seat. The car needs a new battery so a lightweight relocated version will take its place in the truck. If I don't get the Hoosiers I'll be running my 245/40-17 RE-01R's.

Todd

Last edited by wawazat??; 02-13-2009 at 10:07 AM.