Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 PM

stalling problem just started

Caution: long post, sorry, but I could use some suggestions! My car just started stalling about a week ago...was running perfectly, I was driving along, then started to brake on an exit ramp and suddenly the car stalled, dash lights all came on. But it started right up again and I thought no big deal... No further problems that day. Next day, I drove to work with no problems, then on the way home, as I was braking for a stop sign, it stalled again. It started right up but stalled again a few seconds later. It started right up again and I drove the rest of the way home with no problems. The next day, I drove to work no problems, but on the way home, it stalled several times. I got it into the garage and parked it. I searched the old threads on the forum and see that it could be one of many, many problems and my mind was completely boggled after reading a few dozen posts. We then replaced the fuel filter and I drove it a couple of miles with husband following me, it didn't stall and I was thinking/hoping maybe it was fixed. BUT unfortunately it is still doing it. The car starts right up and drives great, but the intermittent stalling is driving me crazy. I am just wondering what any of you suggest are the most likely things to check first... I will be probaby need to get it into a shop for this within a few days. I understand it could be fuel pump but if fuel pump is bad, wouldn't it completely go? I assumed it was fuel line related...now I am wondering if it could be electrical?

I had just pumped a full tank of gas a day or two before this started (for the two weeks prior it had been running on close to empty with me just pumping a few dollars worth each time) I know there is slight chance it could be the gas, but not likely. any thoughts on what to check first??