SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2003, 10:21 AM
alacrity024

The Answer to the $10,000 Question

The question, of course is "If there were ~15,000 SVX's sold in the US alone, why aren't there more active contributors on the board???

granted, we have a pretty healthy membership, most of whom drive one or more SVX's, but i've always been a little curious who's driving the other 14,000 SVX's?????

the answer? EARL!!

no, just kidding, I think that the answer for the most part is "Old People."

no offence to our more "geriatrically-inclined" members, but based on what i've heard from friends around the country, most SVX sightings seem to involve elderly people at the wheel. I can think of about two reasons for the seemingly sizeable number of old people behind the wheel of SVX's:

1) these people have no idea what's going on. they wandered into a dealership and bought the first car that they bumped their walker into

or, more realistically..

2) they've driven a LOT of cars in their lifetime and they realize just how good a car the SVX is.. affordable, reliable and comfortable, all provided you keep them properly maintained.

My grandmother has a good friend, 80+ years old who drives a '92 Claret/Black SVX. He tells me that out of the 25 cars he's owned in his lifetime, the SVX is by far the best he's ever had. That's coming from a guy whose "other car" is a Jaguar convertible..

I think these people know EXACTLY what's going on in life.. they just don't let it on to the rest of us

-adam

thinking out loud on the radio can be dangerous..