Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 01:25 AM
magickfingers

auto window feature

Any helpful hints for hopeful heroes on this feature? The manual says to just push the button a little harder but i tried that and had no luck. I'm sure it's pilot error and not something wrong with the car. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
mmm, you need either to replace the master window switches or dismantle it and see where the problem lies...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:58 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Be careful not to push too hard on the button. You may break the screw that holds the switch assembly to the underside of the door panel......I've done that to my legacy about 3 times and it's a pain to fix.

The button should kind of click as you push it in for the auto down feature to work. If no click feel, then you need new switch.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:31 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 95 doesn't have auto up. Either that or it's been switched with one that doesn't have it. On switches with no auto up there is a tab that prevents the click.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel

Last edited by michael; 03-14-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:33 AM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 95 doesn't have auto up. Either that or it's been switched with one that doesn't have it. On switches with no auto up there is a tab that prevents the click.

Auto Up was only available on the 92's. All other years were Auto Down only. Either way the feature works the same: use a little force on the switch and the window will move as long as you keep your finger on the switch. Move the switch until you feel a "click", and the window will move even after you take your finger away.

Dave
Old 04-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Blackbir2001

This is interesting. I have two '92 SVX's, both JDM. But in neither of them does the auto feature work. I have taken both door panels off and cannot see anything wrong with the switches, so I have just accepted that this is a mystery!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by red95svx
Auto Up was only available on the 92's. All other years were Auto Down only. Either way the feature works the same: use a little force on the switch and the window will move as long as you keep your finger on the switch. Move the switch until you feel a "click", and the window will move even after you take your finger away.

Dave
i have auto up, auto down on my 94

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.