IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Saving an SVX, Literally, From Certain Death

So, my buddy and I decide to head to the junkyard to pick up some parts and on the "intake" side of the junkyard, find an SVX. A 92 ebony with just 90k miles on the clock. Almost completely rust free body, decent seats and all glass in tact. Why was it there? But of course, someone pulled the engine/ECU/harness for a swap, and I don't think it can be done with any more damage. All harnesses up front are cut, the dashboard is in pieces and strewn about the car.

Now for the good/better news. The SVX has not been fully processed which means I can buy it out of there with the clean title it has. It will probably sit for some time since I just recently am moving into some shop space with room for a few cars and this is going to be another longer project. I'm hoping to either carefully splice in the proper connectors to what is left of the harness so I don't have to go through the hassle of replacing all of the wiring. Then adding in the rest of the wiring that was pulled for the swap. Drop in an engine and either a 4.44 or I just so happen to have an automatic Legacy SS which we'll be swapping to 5 spd, so I'll have a spare, rare geared 3.90 auto trans and rear diff just laying around.

Sorry I don't have pics yet. I'll be picking it up by the end of the week.
I keep telling myself no more, and yet, this will be the second one in 2 weeks.