Shut up you stupid emo bastard. 27 32.93%
Landshark sniffs butts for fun. 18 21.95%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Hater

Re: life sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
i tell you another thing that sucks other than life is that bastard landshark, goading me into getting a ps3, then warhawk, then wiping my arse up and down the dirt roads online. horseface doesn't even give me a sec to prepare myself. the second he sees me he jumps on me like micheal jackson on a 3 year old. bastard.
hey, we were on the same team for a game or two. i hadn't even played for like two or three months. lots of fresh n00bs for me to explodes now.

i can't help it, i'm a killer. <warface>

do you has a Bluetoof headset, Horsey?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
hey, we were on the same team for a game or two. i hadn't even played for like two or three months. lots of fresh n00bs for me to explodes now.

i can't help it, i'm a killer. <warface>

do you has a Bluetoof headset, Horsey?
yeah i bought the game pack with bluetooth headset included.

it is a good game though. a friend of mine was over here and you played a few games against him. kinda funny. he'd be like, there he is on the missle turret. i'd almost get you, but then you'd like magically get into something like a tank and blow me up. so not only would i see it on the screen, but i would constantly get reminded for the next 10 minutes on how i got killed. 'dude, you had him...but he got into a tank. lol' or 'oh $hit he's got missles, your b0rk3d.'

Last edited by Noir; 12-28-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Hater

Quote:
yeah i bought the game pack with bluetooth headset included.

it is a good game though. a friend of mine was over here and you played a few games against him. kinda funny. he'd be like, there he is on the missle turret. i'd almost get you, but then you'd like magically get into something like a tank and blow me up. so not only would i see it on the screen, but i would constantly get reminded for the next 10 minutes on how i got killed. 'dude, you had him...but he got into a tank. lol' or 'oh $hit he's got missles, your b0rk3d.'
at least you won't have to worry about an airstrike - i suck in the planes.
i stick to the ground game, but if you get good in the planes, you can completely own that game.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

No wonder you hate life... You made a mistake and got a PS3 instead of a 360..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
No wonder you hate life... You made a mistake and got a PS3 instead of a 360..

yeah, its fun to box it up every month when it has fail and send it back to Microsoft. and pay $120 for a 120gb harddrive.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
yeah, its fun to box it up every month when it has fail and send it back to Microsoft. and pay $120 for a 120gb harddrive.
I've had my 20GB hard drive since I first got it. I really haven't had a need for anything more yet. Till I do, I'll keep that and spend all my money on the SVX as planed..

As for sending it back, had to do it twice when it first came out and they gave me some "special edition" or something and it hasn't failed on me since.. Could be worse.. Could be an overhyped, overpriced monster with limited titles..
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I've had my 20GB hard drive since I first got it. I really haven't had a need for anything more yet. Till I do, I'll keep that and spend all my money on the SVX as planed..
i have my entire music collection on it, videos and pictures. the free demos and downloadable games i have alone wouldn't fit on a 20gig HD.

Quote:
As for sending it back, had to do it twice when it first came out and they gave me some "special edition" or something and it hasn't failed on me since.. Could be worse.. Could be an overhyped, overpriced monster with limited titles..
only twice? that seems like a quality product.
overpriced? add up all the BS Microsoft sells you extra, and the Crapbox is probably more $$$. $99 for a network adapter? pay to play online?

if you didn't get the memo, this isn't 2005, you can't use the "limited titles" argument anymore.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Lol! Sure I can! We all have almost the same titles! No more "just for PS3" titles except for Resistance and that other crap title with the stuffed animal runing around with a grin on it's face.

Sure I sent it back. Everything needs fixed eventually and in order for them to be ahead of everyone else they scheduled a pre-mature release. In case you haven't noticed, this isn't 2005, you can't use the "send it back" excuse anymore.. As for the additional external cooler, stand, wireless connect. It's absolutely genius. It's a marketing plan that most gamers fell for and Ol Bill gained on it, as he does with all products.. Sony is losing with each unit they sell. Lucky for them that hasn't been that many..
Old 12-31-2008, 04:54 PM

actually unless i'm mistaken, all consoles lose money. i think i remember reading that microsoft lost money on their consoles as well.

also i was going to buy the 360, but realized why i shouldn't. microsoft is slowly merging consoles and pc games together. i just bought a new lenovo quad core pc totally decked out with a nvidia 9800gtx oc. i can play some xbox360 games on xbox live with my pc. microsoft makes a usb wireless controller with the same layout with the xbox 360 controller so that elminated my need for the xbox360.

sometimes it takes a few months for the console port to pc, but i don't care. it's not a live or die thing.

i also bought the ps3 to play blu-ray dvd's since it still was rated one of the fastest blu ray players with really good quality. the bluetooth remote for the ps3 is awesome for movie playbacks.

my computer infrared remote doesn't even come close.

all in all i'm pretty happy with the ps3. online could be better, but hey ... they're working on it.

little big planet seems pretty cool. i downloaded a ton of videos of it and it seems neat. i can't wait for killzone 2 to come out. killzone was the only ps2 game i ever played...i never even completed the first mission, i went straight to online action..like i did with warhawk and haze.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
at least you won't have to worry about an airstrike - i suck in the planes.
i stick to the ground game, but if you get good in the planes, you can completely own that game.
yeah i'm getting better at dogfights...did the islands map where it's all aerial..and i had the dukes of hazard music going in the background.

yeeeehaww
Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
actually unless i'm mistaken, all consoles lose money. i think i remember reading that microsoft lost money on their consoles as well.

also i was going to buy the 360, but realized why i shouldn't. microsoft is slowly merging consoles and pc games together. i just bought a new lenovo quad core pc totally decked out with a nvidia 9800gtx oc. i can play some xbox360 games on xbox live with my pc. microsoft makes a usb wireless controller with the same layout with the xbox 360 controller so that elminated my need for the xbox360.

sometimes it takes a few months for the console port to pc, but i don't care. it's not a live or die thing.

i also bought the ps3 to play blu-ray dvd's since it still was rated one of the fastest blu ray players with really good quality. the bluetooth remote for the ps3 is awesome for movie playbacks.

my computer infrared remote doesn't even come close.

all in all i'm pretty happy with the ps3. online could be better, but hey ... they're working on it.

little big planet seems pretty cool. i downloaded a ton of videos of it and it seems neat. i can't wait for killzone 2 to come out. killzone was the only ps2 game i ever played...i never even completed the first mission, i went straight to online action..like i did with warhawk and haze.
All consoles lose money for the first few years mainly because of the development/research costs. Then after that almost all of it becomes profit.
An easy example right now is the PS2s. The ones made now probably cost the company maybe $10 at most to make and thats how its been for about 3 years with those. So them selling them at 150 a pop and then 130, thats a lot of profit. Especially when so many people are still buying PS2s because PS3s are junk

Seriously though, the cost of consoles to the companies making them are around even at this point, possibly making a slight profit. Except for the Wiis. They weren't state of the art when they came out so the amount of time before they start seeing profit on each one is much shorter.
It can almost be related to the Svx in a way. They spent a ton on development/reasearch/etc and ended up losing a lot of money overall when looked at the Svx alone. However, the Svx proved that Subaru could move into a new market-both sportiness as well as luxury.

Btw, before the PS3 came out, I thought it would be amazing based on the features they talked about and slightly better than the 360 and the Blue-Ray player was essentially the best part.

Those of you with PS3s, I am curious if a feature actually made it into the production. They had talked about allowing the PS3 to be hooked up to 2 different tvs with one having your actual game and another auxillery screen having a map or something kinda like the Nintendo DS. So say you're playing GTA and you have the game on one screen and the overall city map on another screen.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post

Those of you with PS3s, I am curious if a feature actually made it into the production. They had talked about allowing the PS3 to be hooked up to 2 different tvs with one having your actual game and another auxillery screen having a map or something kinda like the Nintendo DS. So say you're playing GTA and you have the game on one screen and the overall city map on another screen.
Nope sure it would be nice

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 12-31-2008, 10:06 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Nope sure it would be nice
Yeah, that was the sweetest feature that I was interested in when I was looking at them a year or two before they came out.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Hater

i like how easy it is to swap in a bigger HD in the PS3 - instructions how to do it come right in the manual. XBox 120GB - $120, PS3 320GB - $49

as developers get better at it, the games will make better use of the Cell processor. look at the first PS2 games, and then look at God of War2. they really aren't even cracking its full potential yet. Blu-ray is nice, too, as you'll be seeing games on the Xbox coming on multiple discs, and that's just stupid on MS's part and their "rush to be first."

Old 01-01-2009, 12:00 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
i like how easy it is to swap in a bigger HD in the PS3 - instructions how to do it come right in the manual. XBox 120GB - $120, PS3 320GB - $49

as developers get better at it, the games will make better use of the Cell processor. look at the first PS2 games, and then look at God of War2. they really aren't even cracking its full potential yet. Blu-ray is nice, too, as you'll be seeing games on the Xbox coming on multiple discs, and that's just stupid on MS's part and their "rush to be first."
Exactly on your second point. As far as your first point, you can use the Media center to view anything you want from your PC on your Xbox and vice versa...