How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-17-2001, 07:18 PM
uconnscott

Cool New SVX Owner

New SVX owner. Black, 72,000mi, Lsi fully loaded, unfortunatly no spoiler. Car is alredy in the shop! Drove car home from Boston and loved the ride! Quiet, Fast, Luxurious. Unfortunatly, 2 days later on my way to work my radiator went! I am having the mechanic (seems decent, but NOT cheap) replace everything the girl before me seemed to have forget. Timing Belt, Water Pump, radiator (of course), all the other belts and assorted other parts. Lots of cash, and my rear wheel bearing seem to need replacement.

Seems like I should be upset and feel as if I got ripped off. Amazing how I am more excited to getting my car back in good shape, and then get the body looking great. One ride from Boston to CT made me love this car, even though it will be an Expensive ride!
Old 07-17-2001, 07:22 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Thumbs up Hey there

Amazing!!! Another SVXer! Welcome to the board. Congrets on the car too. Trust me, every single dime you spend on it will make you appericiate the car more and more. I got a tranny and differential replaced within 2 months. How old is the car? You did not mention the year. Anyways, glad you could join us. And talk to larry III regarding the big meet next year.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-17-2001, 07:33 PM
uconnscott

92......thanks for the support! I can't wait to get it back. I plan on getting a new stereo and speakers after the auto work(some deep scratches,not unfixable, on the back right fender .....figure $1k). Bad stock sound. Also I am trying to figure out what to do about my sunvisor falling, but i guess that is what this site is for. Plan on visiting often!
Old 07-17-2001, 07:42 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by uconnscott
Bad stock sound. Also I am trying to figure out what to do about my sunvisor falling, but i guess that is what this site is for. Plan on visiting often!
I still have the stock speakers (6 of them). They sound ok... if not great. Anyways, if you go to mods, you can look up posts on how to fix the falling visor. I do not have that problem on my car. Perhaps, the guy before me already fixed it.
Lwin

again, welcome... before you know it, you will be here more than you might want to...
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-17-2001, 09:48 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: New SVX Owner

Quote:
New SVX owner. Black, 72,000mi, Lsi fully loaded, unfortunatly no spoiler. Car is alredy in the shop! Drove car home from Boston and loved the ride! Quiet, Fast, Luxurious. Unfortunatly, 2 days later on my way to work my radiator went! I am having the mechanic (seems decent, but NOT cheap) replace everything the girl before me seemed to have forget. Timing Belt, Water Pump, radiator (of course), all the other belts and assorted other parts. Lots of cash, and my rear wheel bearing seem to need replacement.

Seems like I should be upset and feel as if I got ripped off. Amazing how I am more excited to getting my car back in good shape, and then get the body looking great. One ride from Boston to CT made me love this car, even though it will be an Expensive ride!
You are among those who know, Scott. As you flail through some of the old posts, you'll find that many of us have sacrificed much cash just to be a part of this community. We all have a love affair with this magnificent blend of engineering and art! Welcome aboard. Need I ask where you're going to school? Happy trails, and if I may steal an old Toyota line --- "Enjoy the ride."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-18-2001, 07:38 AM
Lowered SVX

welcome to the net my friend!

ahh....the joy of spending money on the SVX. i would say it is almost a rite of passage when it comes to owning an SVX. but you seem to have the right attitude. get everything fixed right the first time and then sit back and cruise......

oh by the way guys i got my svx back yesterday after two long weeks and my mechanic didnt charge me a dime!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-18-2001, 08:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Glad to have you, Scott!

Sorry to hear you already have to spend money on your SVX, but I have some insight for you:

Take care of the car and it will take care of you. People here are probably sick of hearing me say it (and I imagine I'm jinxing myself by repeating it so many times), but my SVX has been taken care of and it has given 2 owners 122k miles of unflinching service.

Maintain it, don't thrash it, and it'll reward you with extremely reliable transportation.

Again, welcome.

PS Just as a tidbit, you don't have an LSi if yours is a '92. '92s and '93s were available as LS or LS-L models. No big deal, doesn;t change anything, but I thought you should know.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-18-2001, 09:21 AM
joeaux

Good job Scott! Right attitude, I love it. You'll find that some of us (me included in a big way) are picky about the details (i.e. the LSi, LS-L thing). I think that 'god is in the details' ( with god being Giugiaro and FHI) when it comes to these cars. You will love the machine. They are works of art, both visually and mechanically. There is a lot of very good information on the history, maintenance and just plain good stuff of these cars in the archives from Yahoo. Get a copy of that and do a search on it if you can't find it in a search on this board. And remember; if you can't find it, ask! Somebody here will have or be able to find the answer for you. Again, good to have you. Oh, how many people have asked you about the windows so far?
-joe-
Old 07-18-2001, 09:27 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: welcome to the net my friend!

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
oh by the way guys i got my svx back yesterday after two long weeks and my mechanic didnt charge me a dime!
Congrats Leo! I know you've got to be extremely happy! Now, quit peeling out at those stop lights!

Scott,
Along with the pickiness of the LS-LSL-LSi Designations, people here are slightly anal about making sure your wheels are going the right direction. Check yours and make sure they're on correctly before coming to the Reading PA meet next year and the 10th anniversary meet -- people give you a sound verbal (but friendly) drubbing for such infractions.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-18-2001, 09:40 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Quote:
92......thanks for the support! I can't wait to get it back. I plan on getting a new stereo and speakers after the auto work(some deep scratches,not unfixable, on the back right fender .....figure $1k). Bad stock sound. Also I am trying to figure out what to do about my sunvisor falling, but i guess that is what this site is for. Plan on visiting often!
Welcome aboard! Don't feel too bad, I've had mine for 2 months now. I've already moved the priced tag from $750 to over $5500 now. However, you just won't get the same feeling in a "normal" car.

As for your speakers, I must say the stock ones are quite good. I changed out my stereo (seeing mine was missing anyways). With a Kenwood Mp3 player. I also added a couple 10" subs and a small box in the trunk. If you need any help let me know, and I can point you through some stuff.

Good luck, and welcome!

Ryan

BTW....I bet you 90% of us have droopy sunvisors.

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com