How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

no more Yokohama Intermediate tires

I just read that Yokohama has replaced the A520 and AVS Intermediate brand tires with an all new AVS ES100 tire. I know Yokohama tires are a popular tire for the SVX (in particular the Intermediate) so I figured I'd let everyone know. From what I have read, the new ES100 should be similar in performance to the AVS Sport, but much cheaper. That is all.

Happy holiday to all. Drive safe.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 12-20-2002, 09:59 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Howdy Matt!

How are things going in Silicon Valley? Have you guys had any meets or get to gethers?.... If you do let me know .. I promised to come back and see some friends.. and that would be a great excuse to come back for a couple of days!!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 12-20-2002, 10:06 PM
swtsu

I just purchased a 92 LS-L recently and one of the first items to buy was a new set of tires.............the yoko ES100's but I got the 55 profiles instead of the stock 50's. These are supposed to be easier on the wheel bearings and an added bonus will be an accurate speedometer. I've already checked this out and it does indeed, accurize the speedo...........and the added profile will give a nicer ride, too. I'll report on these tires as time goes by. The size that I purchased was 225/55/16.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:12 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Hey Mitch,

All is well here. Just got back from Tahoe. With 12ft of new snow in a week, it was an interesting drive. Great skiing. I head up again on Sunday for a couple of days.

From what I've read, you have been busy. Move to SLC. New job. New SVX. Too bad no one in SLC wants a SVX meet. I'm in Reno/Tahoe a lot in the winter. I know that Nik also goes there sometimes to snowboard. We could have a mini-meet there. Much closer to you than the Bay Area. I have also seen a couple of other SVXs with Nevada plates in Reno. That includes one that is exactly like mine parked next to me at a Thai restaurant. Of couse my SVX was at home that time. D'oh!

Have fun over the holidays.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 12-21-2002, 09:17 AM
$VX

I think they still make hte A550V.... thats what I have, and had on my last car. They're GREAT.

- Ca$h