Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Accepted to grad school! Summer plans

updates?? Pics of the LED tails installed?
Old 10-10-2010, 10:22 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Got everything done save for the coilovers (weight reduction from the 6-speed resulted in a nice little lift in the front and one of the reasons for wanting the coilovers was to lift it in the front). 6-speed drove great, except that reverse only worked ~1/2 the time.

Unfortunately about a week after getting it together I hydroplaned on the highway and into one of those concrete walls on the side. Completely random, wasn't even going the speed limit yet. Body's pretty f***ed up, but everything else seems ok. Considerable frame damage. Car money's exhausted for the time being so I'm looking to buy another svx with like a blown engine/tranny in a few months. Storing my car until I get one and swap everything over to that one. I will not be parting it out, but rather keeping it around for parts.

In the mean time I'm gonna pull the 6-speed out and have reverse fixed and the AWD looked at b/c I think that it shouldn't have hydroplaned if the AWD was working properly. Either that or the tires on the STi BBS rims really sucked in the wet. Most likely a combination of both and my lack of experience driving stick.

Drive careful everybody!
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-10-2010, 10:29 AM

Registered SVX

Damn... that's sad to hear happening to that SVX
Old 10-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

That sucks! Can't wait to see the new one...
Old 11-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

any progress on a new or repaired SVX? I know it's a ***** trying to get the cash. My SVX is still waiting to be finished.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:40 AM

Registered SVX

Picked up a blue '94 for $800 a few weeks ago, with a bad trans. (Binds, and only 2nd gear and reverse work, slips in the rest). I've been using it as a daily though, since despite the many problems, it's been pretty reliable. Has a lot of rattling going on in the front suspension, that I haven't been able to pin down.

Pulled out the 6-speed, and everything that goes along with it except the pedals. It should be dropped by the tranny place on Monday to have reverse fixed. Also gotta take one of my STi rims to be fixed since it got curbed pretty bad in the accident (or buy another one if it's worse off than they can fix). Then those rims will go on the blue car with some new tires (Yokohama s.drive summer tires).

Actually, I have a couple questions for you about the ground control kit I got seems like forever ago. Is there any way I can get it together without actually welding the collar onto it? Also, where could I get some other springs for them? I'm thinking the 450/315 (?) ones they came with are probably stiffer than I'd like.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 11-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

You need to give us a few pictures!
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 PM

Registered SVX

Yea I guess I should post a few pics. The first two are from right when I got the car (The dude in the red Accord coupe drove me to Orlando to pick it up). Since then I did swap my LED tails (shown in the last pic) onto the blue car, as well as the '97 grille Sean was kind enough to swap with me (thanks again, man). I'll snap some pics of those bits tomorrow. The body is very nearly rust-free, and may well have been a Florida car since new (never did a carfax). It does however have a couple dents on the front fenders and a few dings scattered all over. For $800, I could care less though.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I love that color in the svx! the collar does need to be welded on there to give the ground control set up the ability to sit on there. Those springs are adjustable I think they are near what you're looking for with them fully loosened. If you want I have other manufactures I can talk to about whether they have a spring that is near what your looking for that would fit that set up.

Give me a call tomorrow between 1-5 MST (801)243-7812 and we can chat about your options. If need be you can send your set up out here and I can weld them or if postage up north to some of the east coast guys would be cheaper I know bobby knows how to weld the collars. If you wanted the setup powder coated as well we could get that done for a good price.

I'd love to chat about your ideas for the car and what your goals are and I can better help ya on your mod path.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 PM

Registered SVX

I figured the collars would need to be welded on, you just never know what you can get away with cheaping out on I know a guy who can do it though, I just don't want to have to pay for it if I can get away with it. I think shipping the struts back and forth might be a little prohibitive anyway. Although 3 of the 4 on the parts car are good, one was damaged in the accident, so it would mean downtime for the blue car too.

I was under the impression that the adjustment only affected the height, not the stiffness. Ground control sells the springs themselves, I just have no idea how to shop for them. Kinda pricey too, so cheaper alternatives would be great. http://www.ground-control-store.com/...ory.php/CA=211

Yea I'm digging the blue, just kinda wish the top was black like my white car. It could use some bodywork and paint, so that might become a reality down the road.

I have a test tomorrow night that I gotta study for, but I'll call you on Tuesday if that's good for you.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 AM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Looks like a steal for $800 and will look even better soon when the BBS wheels are on it. Are you keeping the window tints?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:15 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Are you keeping the window tints?
Not if I can find a way to safely remove them. They're too damn dark, so I can't see anything in the side mirrors in the dark, or our the back window in the dark. I'll re-tint them with a real light tint though.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Not if I can find a way to safely remove them. They're too damn dark, so I can't see anything in the side mirrors in the dark, or our the back window in the dark. I'll re-tint them with a real light tint though.
I agree completely. They look odd.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Registered SVX

Yea they do look kind of odd and awesome at the same time. I think it would be best if there was a light tint on the fixed windows, a really light tint on the moving windows, and the top was black.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 AM

Registered SVX

LED tails:

These are just the running lights No one else was around to step on the brakes for me.

Sorry for the phone pics, but I think they get the point across and our real camera is lost somewhere.