Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Lots of UK reg cars for sale!

Phil,

You should be interested in this. For some strange reason there are four previously unknown UK cars for sale on Autotrader. Four!

The one that has no picture I already have on the list, the owner is in Scarborough.
[Fair enough, eh?]

All four look in wonderful condition, seriously good. Wow! I've added them to the database. Running total now at 189, not including DJW above.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Phil & Belha

Re: Lots of UK reg cars for sale!

Hi Joe,
I'm glad you're keeping the list up to date. I haven't updated my copy for quite a while. It's quite rare to see one that isn't already on the list, and four is certainly unprecedented.
Phil.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Yes Phil. I had not checked for a month or so. I was surprised.

They may be up for a while as they are asking higher figures than has been achieved for some time. On the other hand, these look to be really good condition cars.

If it wasn't for my recent financial melt-down I'd be slavering after the pearlie.

I'll send you a new copy of the spreadsheet.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-05-2009, 05:27 AM

Just thought I'd give some input to this I went along to have a look at the one at West Sussex Sports Cars a while back and it was a bit rough bodywise and someone had ripped the aircon out.
I also had a look at a maroon 1997 one in Berkshire the owner had spent an absolute fortune on it at a local Subaru main agent but with 150,000 miles on the clock I thought it just too high a mileage. I expect the garage had to make a mechanic redundant after he's servicing was withdrawn.

Last edited by DJW svx; 09-05-2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

That's sad to hear.

The one in West Sussex Cars used belong to Angie and Phil Hill, members on here. It was in great nick when they sold it on.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW svx View Post
Just thought I'd give some input to this I went along to have a look at the one at West Sussex Sports Cars a while back and it was a bit rough bodywise and someone had ripped the aircon out.
I also had a look at a maroon 1997 one in Berkshire the owner had spent an absolute fortune on it at a local Subaru main agent but with 150,000 miles on the clock I thought it just too high a mileage. I expect the garage had to make a mechanic redundant after he's servicing was withdrawn.
Is this the car you bought? :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-K-SUBARU-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Looks good.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-06-2009, 02:24 AM

Yes thats where I bought it, Neil who runs the site does get hold of the odd gem some time ago he had a very nice RX7 which I very nearly bought turned out it had a factory replacement engine. I went down to try the Vehi-Cross he has for sale but when I saw the SVX and then drove it I was hooked on the SVX. I've now got it booked in with my paint guy who's going to re-spray the roof and boot and do all the little scrapes and dings so it will look pristine in a fortnights time although most people wouldn't bother I'm a bit of a perfectionist so this and my RX7 will and do look pristine.
When we were doing the brakes the guy who I use pointed out that there was a little play with the left side steering arm not really enough to fail an MOT but there none the less is this common?
Also I'm having problems getting the gators because both sites seem to only have U.S. address pull downs is it just me being inept or is there another way.

Last edited by DJW svx; 09-06-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Yes thats where I bought it, Neil who runs the site does get hold of the odd gem some time ago he had a very nice RX7 which I very nearly bought turned out it had a factory replacement engine. I went down to try the Vehi-Cross he has for sale but when I saw the SVX and then drove it I was hooked on the SVX. I've now got it booked in with my paint guy who's going to re-spray the roof and boot and do all the little scrapes and dings so it will look pristine in a fortnights time although most people wouldn't bother I'm a bit of a perfectionist so this and my RX7 will and do look pristine.
That's nice to hear. You'll be in good company here. Wait till you see John's [blueji] grey car!

Regards paint for your roof and bootlid if your painter needs a code make sure he does not use Ebony Mica if you are fussy about originality. The only SVX with an Ebony Mica roof and bootlid is an Ebony Mica car. All other colours used straight solid black. If you feel the need for a Subaru Solid Black paint code I'll get you one, but they were never actually issued with the manuals. Neither were the paint codes for the wheel paint.

Quote:
When we were doing the brakes the guy who I use pointed out that there was a little play with the left side steering arm not really enough to fail an MOT but there none the less is this common?
It's long-travel suspension with relatively large and heavy wheels. It is common for bushes and knuckles to wear on the offside due to pothole encounters etc. No more than other makes though, just a wear and tear thing. Stabiliser links and anti roll bar bushes also go. If you hear clunky noises these are principal suspects.

Quote:
Also I'm having problems getting the gators because both sites seem to only have U.S. address pull downs is it just me being inept or is there another way.
You might need to telephone them. I think at least one of those sites refuses to ship to Europe.

I would ignore both of them and deal direct with Jackie Whetzler of Annapolis Subaru. Jackie is an SVX owner and she'll get and ship your parts double quick. See her contact details here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51443

That's a sweet VehiCross Neil has there.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 AM

In the end I got the parts from RockAuto as they took PayPal which made it dead easy. By the way your link for parts just seems to go to a picture of a three tone car like mine.
Am I right in thinking parts for the bushes and knuckles for the 93 LSL listed on the parts section are compatable with a JDM 91 model?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
In the end I got the parts from RockAuto as they took PayPal which made it dead easy. By the way your link for parts just seems to go to a picture of a three tone car like mine.
Am I right in thinking parts for the bushes and knuckles for the 93 LSL listed on the parts section are compatable with a JDM 91 model?
Oops!

That's my car. Fixed it.

And yes, that is the case, same as.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-06-2009, 11:44 AM

Thanks I found Annapolis through a search, I think the spray guy noted it was a plain black just as well to remember though. Made a slight error in my order as I thought FWD was Four Wheel Drive hopefully they'll get in touch as I ordered both FWD first then ordered AWD after and I might as well get a swop for the wrong outers to a pair of inner gators and keep as spares.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

OK, good.

Just for future reference we never got any Front Wheel Drive SVXes here in Europe, certainly not in England, nor in Japan.

Naturally some of the drive train parts will be different between the front drive models and the 4-wheel drive models. In the case of our Subarus they are never referred to in the technical manuals as Four Wheel Drive, the preferred Subaru term is All-Wheel-Drive.

So in anything relating to the SVX:

FWD = front wheel drive
AWD = all wheel drive or four wheel drive or 4x4.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-10-2009, 01:10 PM

I just bought one of them! It was a Nov96 in Silver with 50,000 miles. (P366SVX). Described as one former keeper even though it has two owners on the log book!
Drives fantastic, condition superb - has a faulty Aircon ECU which is hopefully being sorted at the moment (the ecu is on its way to BBA-Reman in Rochester) - I've also bought a spare one from a breakers.
About to fit a double-din 7" Xtrons Radio/Cd/DVD/TV/GPS/Rear Camera etc (£195 from Ebay).
This is my second SVX - I ran M30SVX (1994 in black) for two glorious years about six years ago and never really found another car with such a charismatic drive.
I seem to remember quite a few of the names that were on the forum several years ago - obviously some really dedicated SVXers!
I was involved in the production of a 1/43 diecast model that was made in Redruth, Cornwall by Milestone Miniatures who produced a batch of them (in kit form!) for SubaruSVX.com. My car was used by Milestone as the basis for their model - they presented me with a completed model, one of the few that actually got built. I see there are some Japanese 1/43 diecast models available now.
Are there any UK meets planned?? I would certainly go.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Hey there Roger! Long time no see

Strange to see the number of your new purchase. We have a member here called Ahmed who used own a '96 Silver car when new, and he was still pining for it the last meeting we had. I think the reg was P33SVX which is pretty similar to what you now have.

Congratulations on the purchase! I was a bit goggle-eyed to see so many good condition UK cars coming up for sale.

BTW, we have made lots of modifications possible since you were around last. If you are interested there are people here can modify your gearbox computer to make the SVX more snappy on the road.

Post up some pictures so we can all drool about your new motor. Nice to have you back.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM

Sounds nice I'm further along the south coast in Hampshire. I'm doing an mpg check at the moment to see just how many MPG I can get out of the SVX, I agree with your opinion/description of the drive this is my first SVX and I'm really using it to travel to a contract I have which is about a 45 minute drive each way and the car is really growing on me.

Last edited by DJW svx; 09-10-2009 at 03:12 PM.