Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX
SVX road trip

Well i'm going to be going down to Aiken, South Carolina here on the 5th-13th. I'm confident it will make the trip with no problems (crosses fingers). Hopfully I see some fellow SVXers on the way. It's getting washed,wax,cleaned,polished before I leave so I can blind people with the super metal flake on the top.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 08-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: SVX road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
Well i'm going to be going down to Aiken, South Carolina here on the 5th-13th. I'm confident it will make the trip with no problems (crosses fingers). Hopfully I see some fellow SVXers on the way. It's getting washed,wax,cleaned,polished before I leave so I can blind people with the super metal flake on the top.

Sorry you can't take the SVX, Aiken, isn't SVXworthy.

I had a roomate at UNCC that was from Aiken. Hope I never have to go back, although I did get a kick out of the pay phone for $.10 when I stopped for gas. Have a great trip, I hope you're planning on taking 81 rather than 95.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Registered SVX

Yea i'm taking 81. My aunt says it's much better than taking 95. Last time I was in Aiken was about 2 or 3 years ago and it was toooo hot for my PA skin.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Jeff Williams

Send a message via AIM to Jefus

I will be back home in Myrtle Beach the 12-14 so if ya wanna head down that way hit me up.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

watch the cops in Va....they would love your yankee money in your shiney red sports car.

My SVX motored along at 80 real nice on my way to the dragon but I have stock gearing.

Have a good trip
Old 08-24-2009, 08:43 PM

Registered SVX

I can't afford any tickets anyway or i'll lose my liscense So i'll be driving normal and being VERY abservant. It's going to take me at least 10.5-12.5 hours to get there which is going to bore me to death as i'm driving straight down without taking an overnighter hallfway down.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 08-24-2009, 09:02 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
I can't afford any tickets anyway or i'll lose my liscense So i'll be driving normal and being VERY abservant. It's going to take me at least 10.5-12.5 hours to get there which is going to bore me to death as i'm driving straight down without taking an overnighter hallfway down.
Feel free to stop in here.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 08-24-2009, 09:07 PM

Registered SVX

Thanks OT.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

skipping 95 means you skip by me Seriously watch your speed in VA... they are not forgiving.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Don't worry about MD or NC as your ticket won't be sent to PennDot provided you pay within the time. Not sure about VA as I never got a ticket there.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:45 PM
One teal and One yellow

It's nice to have a road trip with SVX......and you can further test your overheating issue ...........and have a great safe trip.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 08-27-2009, 10:01 PM

Registered SVX

I cleared all memory from the car with the select monitor, adjusted the tps, checked the oils. So far everything is running smooth except for the a/c which is throwing an evap sensor which is screwing with the coldness of my a/c which i'll definatly need down there
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 08-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Registered SVX

I just did a quick mapquest and the total drive is 12hrs 26min and 693.3 miles. If everything goes well my first stop will be dropping by OT's to say hi and then going to Shanendoah, VA to see my dad, then the grueling 7.5 hr drive to Aiken where i'm going to sleep as soon as I arrive.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 09-06-2009, 01:11 PM

Registered SVX

Well I made it here around 11pm last night. I left yesterday at 6am. First stop was at OT's house and then to the car show to see the racer. I just want to give a big thanks fpr ot putting up with me early in the morning. After that I made a stop to my dad's in virginia, and then from there a 7hr drive to SC which my car had a couple hicups that made the temp gauge go from half to 3/4 the way up to the red. I think that the constant high rpms of the 4.44 and me driving around 85-90mph for hours on end. The whole drive down I seen 1 svx beside the hoard of them at toms and it was a 1992 Pearly in Berkly springs, Virginia on 522.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 09-06-2009, 01:37 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Well I made it here around 11pm last night. I left yesterday at 6am. First stop was at OT's house and then to the car show to see the racer. I just want to give a big thanks fpr ot putting up with me early in the morning. After that I made a stop to my dad's in virginia, and then from there a 7hr drive to SC which my car had a couple hicups that made the temp gauge go from half to 3/4 the way up to the red. I think that the constant high rpms of the 4.44 and me driving around 85-90mph for hours on end. The whole drive down I seen 1 svx beside the hoard of them at toms and it was a 1992 Pearly in Berkly springs, Virginia on 522.
It was good to see you Seth, but 8:00 AM???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????
On a weekend that both Dave and Nick are home??????????????????????????????????????????

See you at The Pumpkin Carve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link