Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 06-28-2001, 09:58 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
I hate to be a poophead

Too late.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-28-2001, 10:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Mrs. Immortal_Suby #107

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

Larry, there is a little button on the end of each message called quote. If you press it, there will be a quote inserted into the new post. Edit the quote and click on the submit.

Hope it helps.
Lwin

Thanks Lwin.
Old 07-02-2001, 10:04 AM
John19688

Cool Hope to take a lap at the Speedway

I have sent an e-mail to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway requesting that we be given the opportunity to take our SVXs for a lap around the track. I received a message back stating that it had been forwarded to the appropriate person.

I've seen online that a couple of other clubs (Camaro, Chevelle, Motorcycle) have been given the opportunity to take a lap so the prospect looks good that we will get to do it.
Old 07-02-2001, 11:37 AM
Lowered SVX

that would simply be awesome!!

in my wildest dreams could i ever imagine the opportunity to take the svx around indy.....hell it would be cool even at cruising speed!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-02-2001, 11:52 AM

Registered SVX
Talking "Indyana" Jones - One Lap

John

Hot Damn !!! You da man, John !!!
I'm in, if it's not prohibitvely expensive.

Larry III
Old 07-02-2001, 11:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Seal the deal

If a trip around that most famous of tracks doesn't persude the 'on the fencers' then we have a REAL problem here. Get that lap around the track and count on several MORE sign-ons.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:15 AM
LordLobo

We'd need permission to get some peeps in the track towers so we could get some photos of 100+ svx's rounding the turn in formation

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2001, 11:28 AM

Registered SVX
Hi Gang,

We are now up to 107 SVX's signed-up for this meet. Surely we can do more. If anyone is interested go to the folder in the briefcase under my profile on the Yahoo SVX Club siteor the one in my locker here. Then contact me directly. You cannot add your name to the sign-up list that is in these folder.

HAPPY 4th of JULY TO ALL !!!

Larry III
PS: Can you say "One Lap at Indy". Or Calculate the equidistant spacing required to safely drive 107 SVXes + 1 Citroen SM at aspeed of 105 mph around a 2 1/2 mile banked oval track.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:20 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
# 107

She only reads the club over my shoulder so I guess there is no alias. (but if she decides to join, I'm definitely going with Mrs. Immortal_suby) Her name is Kimberlee. She also lives (with me) in SC.

<<<Ok your e-mail address is changed on the meet list. I added your wife to the List as #107, but I need your wife's club alias (if aplicable) and real first name. Also, (Don't be offended, this is the state of lifestyles in America today, so I have to ask) I need her state of residence if different from yours.

Matt, please don't tell me that her club alias is
"Mrs. Immortal_Suby.">>>
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:51 AM
oneothefewproud

LarryIII,

I will also send you and email. Add me to the list for 2002. A lap around Indy, Holy ****. I will make the trek from California. Maybe I can get a sponser out here to help.

Caio
Wayne
Old 07-04-2001, 02:54 PM
Is it Summer yet?

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Hi Gang,

PS: Can you say "One Lap at Indy". Or Calculate the equidistant spacing required to safely drive 107 SVXes + 1 Citroen SM at aspeed of 105 mph around a 2 1/2 mile banked oval track.

Let's see - 2.5 miles x 5,280 = 13,200 feet / 107 = 123.3645 feet per SVX minus 15.175 feet = 108.1895 feet or 108 feet 2-1/4" spacing from rear bumper to front bumper of the next SVX.

By the way Larry, please change my nickname from criley53115 to montypython (LIP # 19)
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 07-05-2001, 05:21 AM

Registered SVX
Wink The Full Monty

Colin,

I changed your club alias. Funny though, you don't look or sound like either John Cleese or Eric Idle.

Larry III
Old 07-05-2001, 05:50 AM

Registered SVX
Talking 10th Anniv. Meet Update

Hi Gang,

We are now up to 108 SVXers signed-up for this meet. This latest sign-up is the first one from from Calif. I'm kind of disappointed on the lack of response so far from the west coast. We need to have all states represented. (Olu, you better put the HI plates back on the car for the meet)
See you all there next year.

Larry III
PS: Stay tuned to this channel for late breaking bulletins.
(Aredub changes from zebra to tiger stripes - pictures at eleven) .
Old 07-17-2001, 05:51 AM

Registered SVX
Mike Whittaker - 10th Anniv. SVX Meet

Mike,

You sent me an e-mail message about the subject meet. My computer's Norton Anti-virus software alerted me to a virus in your message. It is Virus: " JS_KAKWORM.A ". The warning note said that the software could not clean-up this virus. Therefore I did not open your message and will delete it. If you need info about the meet either go to my briefcase on the Yahoo SVX Club site , contact me here on the SVX World Network Site, or contact me on the Yahoo SVX Club site. I have already posted this message on the Yahoo SVX Club site.

Larry III
Old 07-26-2001, 12:10 PM
John19688

Inquired about Indy Lap and PPG Pace Car

I have inquired with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway about allowing us all to take a lap around the track sometime during the 10th Anniversary Meet. So far I have left e-mail and voicemail. I haven't heard back but I don't want to become a pest so I will inquire at regular intervals and I'll let you know when I get a response.

I have also asked Subaru of America (SOA) of the whereabouts of the SVX PPG Pace Car they created back in 1991. There had been some discussion of how neat it would be to have it at the meet. Wouldn't it be REALLY COOL if it lead us around the track at Indy!!!????

The guy I talked to at SOA said he didn't know what happened to the car but that he knew someone there at the headquarters that would probably know what happened to it. So yet another issue that I'll update you on when I get more information.