Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-07-2002, 11:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
I hope to get a winter beater so I can keep my poor car from rusting any more! But if it's absolutely necessary for me to drive it in the winter, I'll probably just bypass it and hook it up when the snow quits..

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 07-07-2002, 12:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Re: Tranny Temps

How did you get it to fit? If those two lines at the botton (PS cooler?) weren't in the way, it wouldn't be much of a problem. I barely got my 11x9x3/4 in there and there was barely enough room for the tranny hoses to come out the top without kinking not to mention getting in the way of the driver side fog light.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin
I just installed a Flex-a-lite 26,000 GVW cooler (part # 4126) in my car yesterday.. The dimensions are 10"x20"x3/4".I mounted it in series behind the condenser.. I'm now seeing an average of 148-150 highway and 170-175 city. I'm very happy with the results, and it was a cinch to install!
Old 07-07-2002, 12:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
It wasn't hard at all really.. I put it between the radiator and condensor, then ran the bottom line around my external filter and into the stock cooler, then ran the top line to the tranny.. I could still fit a longer cooler in there

Old 07-07-2002, 03:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I guess it depends on where the in and out is on the cooler. The only way I mine would mount was with either both on top or both on the bottom. I think given the choice again, I would get the smaller one and mount it in front of the condenser. It's 97 outside right now and I just got home from a 1hr highway/city drive and the temp topped out at 220. It did take longer to get there and would drop some at highway speeds, but once in the city, it stayed around 200+

I guess when I get some more time and another $50 burning a hole in my pocket, I'll get the smaller B&M and add that in too. I'll just have to make good use of the remote starter come winter time.

KuoH
Old 07-07-2002, 06:14 PM

The in and out were length-wise, so I put the bottom hose on the cooler and slid it down and tied that line into the cooler, then ran my top hose into the transmission line.. It fit like it was supposed to go there!

Old 07-08-2002, 08:34 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Zeppelin - is your temp gauge sending unit mounted before or after the tranny cooler?
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:44 AM

It's mounted before both coolers.. I have it right on the transmission out line before it goes into the external filter, then from the filter into the stock cooler, then from the stock cooler into the big boy, then back to the tranny.. On may way home today (a few minutes ago) at 78 degrees outside and at 50-55mph my gauge was reading between 143-145..

Old 07-09-2002, 11:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to jeradsvx
I was wondering if you guys think i will have a problem with where i mounted my sensor. I put it in the line going into the drivers side of the bottom of the radiator. I couldnt get it to read a temp so i had to ground it. I havent drove it since i put it in at all so i dont know how it will be. What do you guys think?
Jerad
Old 07-09-2002, 11:48 AM

The driver's side line on my car is the outlet of the cooler.. Your car may be different though.. I don't think it would really make too much of a difference in the readings.. You'll still get a general idea of the fluid temperatures..

Old 07-12-2002, 10:30 AM
Lowered SVX

i think buying the tranny cooler......

was probably the best investment i have made for my svx. well that and my alternator mod.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"