Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-26-2002, 01:09 PM
I'm just sayin'..........

Question anniversary meet

Hello,

Is there anyone leaving for the 10 anniversary meet on Friday evening that I could possibly follow? I live near Lancaster, Pa. I could meet you on the turnpike or someplace of your choosing.

Also are there driving directions available?

Thanks!!

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 06-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Leaving from Lancaster, PA

I should be leaving around 5pm from Lancaster. So long as my car gets fixed and I can still come up with the money. Its FUBAR right now. Don't think I saw yours around the area
Old 06-26-2002, 02:07 PM

I actually just got my replacement 2 weeks ago. I haven't been to Lancaster in it yet. You may have seen my old one.....it was a 92 Ebony with the touring pkg. Where do you get yours serviced? I took mine to Lancaster County motors one time....never again....it was for the sunroof when the motor went and it was stuck open....they charged me $75 to put masking tape on it and it wasn't even closed. I found a great dealer in Downingtown, they really know their stuff......

I get done that Friday at 4:30, so meeting up looks quiet doable....

Thanks!!

Old 06-26-2002, 02:19 PM
Green1995SVX

I'm leavin from lancaster on Friday morning.

In LCM's defence, I have a great relationship with Kevin and the service staff there, and have always gotten top-notch service. They are the only people I allow to touch my car.

-Mike
Old 06-26-2002, 02:23 PM
Green1995SVX

Any of you guys noticing a trend here... 95 L AWD's?

Lancaster has a lot of them. I know of a few that are around where I work... all 95 L awd. Weird.

-Mike
Old 06-26-2002, 02:44 PM

Well maybe the service guys at LCM was having a bad day. I was pleased with their service up until then. The real kicker is that they wanted almost $800 to repair my sunroof. At the advise of a friend, I took it just down the street to Lancaster County Upholstry. They got my sunroof completely closed and fixed my sunroof for half the price LCM wanted.......go figure.... I called the service manager to complain and they guy was never available and never returned my calls......just my 2 cents.....

Old 06-26-2002, 02:45 PM

oops!! that "was" should have been a "were"....my high school english teacher would have my hide if she saw that.....(sorry Mrs. Hall)

Old 06-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by LagunaBluebyU
oops!! that "was" should have been a "were"....my high school english teacher would have my hide if she saw that.....(sorry Mrs. Hall)
hehe

M
Old 06-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

LCM

I was just there. They seemed much nicer than my last experience. Get this. My AC wasn't working They charged $60 to diagonse that it was due to low freon (the new stuff). Then they filled it and charged me $130ish bucks for that (this was to locate the leak). Then after finding that it had a bad 25 cent o-ring, they replaced it and proceeded to charge me another $130 to refill it. I got the bill somewhere. It cracked me up since I could go by the new freon stuff for what $50 total to fill it up twice like that.

It was just b/c of that I decided CVM in Mechanicsburg will get to see if they can figure out what's wrong with it now. If you check out my Help! Mechanic problems.... post I'm praying that it is the broken wire.