Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-12-2008, 09:09 PM

So I got bored with my 94 svx

Yeah, so the SVX I'm selling and barely care about.. haha I decided to kill some time and paint the stupid stock rims to see if I can manage a cooler color. So far I did blue.. I'm gonna paint the right side chrome and left side subaru gold sometime this week as well and post pics. I just wanna get opinions on what color I should sell the car in. or if I should just buff the hell out of the alloys and make them normal again.

Anyways.. here it is :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svx.jpg (26.1 KB, 293 views)
Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: So I got bored with my 94 svx

.... buff the hell out of them and make them normal.

Personally the colored rims are a repellent for me as if I were in the position to purchase an SVX with colored rims, my number one goal would be to change the rims before driving any lengthy/noticeable distance with them on.

I think the windows do plenty enough job in drawing any sort of attention... blue rims is like
Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 PM

Registered SVX

x2 on the buffing. The blue is kind of a turn off.
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 08-12-2008, 10:58 PM

I was actually thinking since I am selling my 300M(maybe, maybe not) in the background that I would either keep the rims on the 300M or put them on one of my SVXs I think I will do that and take a pic and see what that looks like. Only problem is I have to go buy a key lug set for the rims from Chrysler because I don't have the key to unlock the rims.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

First thing I think when I see a wheel color other than normal silver (Or gold and bronze on some cars) is that the person driving the car is a ricer... I immediately feel sorry for the car... Just sell it to someone who will appreciate it and won't paint it up because they are "bored with it"... You can do that on Photoshop if you are really curious and then you won't be messing up a good set of stock wheels...

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by togan07 View Post
I was actually thinking since I am selling my 300M(maybe, maybe not) in the background that I would either keep the rims on the 300M or put them on one of my SVXs I think I will do that and take a pic and see what that looks like. Only problem is I have to go buy a key lug set for the rims from Chrysler because I don't have the key to unlock the rims.
So then your idea is to put (blue) SVX rims on the 300M?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:18 PM

No, I own 12 cars.. I'm trying here to cut back majorly and to also get rid of one or two of the SVXs. I have plenty of rims lying around, but seeing is I'm dealing right here with my 2 vehicles that aren't worth a whole lot I could care less what I do with them, but I also don't want to put any of my nicer accessories on the cars because then its just like putting a brand new chandelier in a haunted house. :P

I lol'd at the ricer comment.
Who really cares what someone wants to do with his or her car? That just sounds like insecurity/jealousy. Anyways, the SVXs are my only foreign vehicles and only non-mopar cars that I own. Soooo thats hardly the case. Why use photoshop? I'd rather just use a 4 dollar can of spray paint on my rims for a half hour and drive the car around to get opinions than to use photoshop and only garner a personal opinion. Oh well though, I still plan to paint the rims gold/chrome before I buff them out if thats what I so choose. I haven't really been too fond of the blue, but I figured why not.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
First thing I think when I see a wheel color other than normal silver (Or gold and bronze on some cars) is that the person driving the car is a ricer... I immediately feel sorry for the car... Just sell it to someone who will appreciate it and won't paint it up because they are "bored with it"... You can do that on Photoshop if you are really curious and then you won't be messing up a good set of stock wheels...

~ Chris
Oh and to further comment on this besides what I did in my previous post.. it would take 10 minutes a can of paint thinner or masking tape takes off spray paint.. or I could just buff it all off in like 45 seconds lol. It's not a huge deal.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:

I lol'd at the ricer comment.
Who really cares what someone wants to do with his or her car? That just sounds like insecurity/jealousy. ...................
You know what... You're absolutely right... I am very insecure and unbelievably jealous of the different color wheels... ... Hell, I wish I had the mental age of a 12 year old so I could be a ricer... Oh wait, I out grew that stage a long time ago...

And why use a $4.00 can of spray paint when you can do something alot quicker on Photoshop for free? That is, if you own photoshop and know how to use it (not many people do, so I guess I can see where you are going with that)...

~ Chris

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Oh and to further comment on this besides what I did in my previous post.. it would take 10 minutes a can of paint thinner or masking tape takes off spray paint.. or I could just buff it all off in like 45 seconds lol. It's not a huge deal.
Good to know that it can be un-done though... Thought this was gonna be a case of yet ANOTHER "ebay SVX"... We've all seen them with their retarded body kits and eccentrically painted interiors and wheels... ... Atleast it can be returned to stock...

~ Chris

Old 08-12-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
Good to know that it can be un-done though... Thought this was gonna be a case of yet ANOTHER "ebay SVX"... We've all seen them with their retarded body kits and eccentrically painted interiors and wheels... ... Atleast it can be returned to stock...

~ Chris
What spray paint lasts forever? It should be an obvious fact.. not to mention I even said in my first post I could just buff it out to normal which makes me believe you just read and saw what you wanted to read and see and nothing else. Which yes gives you the mentality of that 12 year old you said you out grew

lol I'm just playing with you, I thought it was obvious though, just said I was screwing around, you shouldn't be so upset though with what other people do to what they own. It's odd.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
lol I'm just playing with you, I thought it was obvious though, just said I was screwing around, you shouldn't be so upset though with what other people do to what they own. It's odd.
With all due respect, what's odd is why anyone would post on an SVX enthusiasts' forum how one is "bored" with the car and decided on impulse to do some silly "cooler" modification, then feign surprise at detracting opinions.

dcb
Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm the anti-do-gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
With all due respect, what's odd is why anyone would post on an SVX enthusiasts' forum how one is "bored" with the car and decided on impulse to do some silly "cooler" modification, then feign surprise at detracting opinions.

dcb
Only because he want to get a rise out of all of us, it's so obvious.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow

Wow you guys are ridiculous. He felt like doing it, so he did. Express your opinion as "I think that looks bad" or "I think that looks good". There is no reason to go into personal attacks because of spray painted wheels.

Looks terrible blue on black, but I think red lipped with a black wheel on black might work ;-) or a bronzish. that could look cool too.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 08-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Work, Sleep, SVX, Repeat

SVX enthusiasts, people with svx's who are bored, and the many opinionated people on the board...it can all only lead to one thing....APOCALYPSE!!!

This is what the Mayan calender spoke of...2012....SVX enthusiasts gone wild!!!! Run for the hills, lock the wife and kids in a bunker, tell little billy the dog will be ok when you know just around the corner hungry cannibals are waiting.....all b/c of one kid, and god save us all...his spray painted wheels.

I now take my leave...I got a bunker to make...
1991 Non-Turbo MR2 214,xxx, replaced engine at 190,xxx

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny...