How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 03-18-2002, 07:00 PM
red95svx

New England SVX Meet #2

I am currently working on plans for the second NESVX meet. I have permission to hold the meet at Tri-State Subaru in Webster, MA (just off of Rt. 395). They will provide refreshments, and they have a Senior Master Subaru Technician that may be available to talk to us about the SVX and answer any questions we may have (I haven't talked to him yet, but chances are very good he will agree to do it). Afterward we can drive to Webster Lake for photos of our beauties, and maybe take a spin through the back roads of Charlton and make a stop at Dresser Hill farms for lunch/ice cream. The tentative date is June. Anyone who is interested please contact me (David) at skyhawkflyer1@aol.com or red95svx@yahoo.com.
Old 03-19-2002, 11:37 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

First of all . . .

Welcome to the Network, red95svx!

Second meet? This is your first post? I'm confused.

Okay, MA is like, Massachusettes, right? Hmmm. Too close to the 10-yr Anniversary meet for me. Speaking of which - have you signed up yet?

Post early, post often.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 03-19-2002, 12:56 PM
alacrity024

David-

It goes without saying, but count me in. Free refreshments, eh? whoo-ah!! heh.. just be sure to cock 'dem wheels!

-Adam
Old 03-19-2002, 09:59 PM
red95svx

Steve,

I also post on the yahoo site. That is mainly where the first meet was planned.

Adam,
Rock on. Had a blast on Sat. I'll keep you updated on the second meet......meanwhile if you're ever near Worcester give me a call.

David

p.s Thanks for blurring out my license plate!
Old 03-28-2002, 03:08 PM
red95svx

New info for NESVX Meet in Webster

Good news! Tri-State Subaru in Webster, Ma. has agreed to hold a SVX meet on May 4, 2002. The time is still pending, but it will most likely start around noon. The dealership has offered to serve refreshments (snacks, drinks,etc.) AND they will be having a barbeque for us (hot dogs, hamburgers). This is all FREE of charge to us. They have also agreed to have their Senior Master Subaru Technician there. I used to work with this guy and can tell you from first hand experience that he is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about ALL Subaru's. He will give us a technical overview of the SVX followed by a question and answer period. We might be able to have a hands-on session with an SVX out in the lot, but this has not been confirmed yet (we can't have it inside for insurance reasons). Afterwards we can visit Webster Lake for some photos, take a spin through the back roads of Dudley, Oxford, and Charlton, and end the day at Dresser Hills Farms for some home made ice cream. Everyone is welcome to attend, even if you don't own an SVX. If you are interested please contact me (David) at red95svx@yahoo.com or skyhawkflyer1@aol.com. Hope to see you there!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2002, 05:11 PM
alacrity024

David-

This sounds great! It'll be awesome to get some definitive answers about my svx (like "what does that little 'power' light mean?" and "how many twin-turbo svx's did they make?") and free food is always a plus. I'm totally stoked and can hardly contain myself. I'll see if Nick wants to bring the pacer again

-Adam
Old 03-28-2002, 09:46 PM
DWayne2910

David:
Lake Webster? That the same as Lake Chargaug-gagaug-manchaugagaug-chabungamungamaug?
Dan
Old 03-30-2002, 08:55 AM
red95svx

MORE NEWS FOR NESVX MEET IN WEBSTER

OK. The meet at Tri-State Subaru (see previous posts) is going to be held on May 4, 2002 from 12-4 (or whenever we decide to leave). The dealership has asked me to tell everyone two things:

1) The parts department is selling off a TON of parts for older Subaru's at HUGE discounts. They need the room for newer parts.

2) The Senior Master Tech will be available to answer questions for about one hour. We might be able to have a discussion in the shop where an SVX will be available for a hands-on display. If so, the tech will demonstrate some routine maintenance and/or repairs. If not, the discussion will either be held outside if the weather is nice, or in the dealers main lobby if it's raining. The tech CAN NOT test drive any vehicles. He CAN NOT put anyone's car on the lift. He CAN NOT do any work to any vehicle, unless you are willing to pay for it. This is due to insurance/liability reasons. He will gladly answer any questions we have, and demonsrate things using the display SVX. He is a VERY smart man.....let's see if we can stump him!!!

Tri-State will also provide free food (snacks, drinks, and a BBQ) and they are thinking about having a raffle for prizes. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Again, EVERYONE is welcome to attend, even if you don't own an SVX (but are a big fan!). Hope to see you there!

David
Old 04-02-2002, 04:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
I've sent out an email to my list

David,
GREAT JOB! This is going to be great! I hope we can muster some support to get as many people there as possible.

I went up for an hour last Saterday. The weather was just clearing and I had only one hour left in my slot. I just buzzed around Mt. Wachusett and shot some nice x-wind T/G's at FIT.
Old 04-23-2002, 05:07 AM

I second that! the list grows

OK,
I've made a list and its GROWING!! WHo HOOO!

I've getting excited.

and now the list.....

1 - David (red95svx) {ORGANIZER}
2 - Adam (alacrity024)
3 - Dave (boone)
4 - me (jscorsesvx) {POST a lot}
5 - Kathy (eprintsos) ...maybe
6 - Jack (satana)
7 - shadowyng
8 - DWayne2910
9 - Szalkerous
10 - BoominSVX
11 - Green95hoe ?

I wonder where the following are:

Jim Cassin
Jeff (svxtreme), Newton, MA
Justin (strange179), Rochester, NH
Nat and Robert Watertown, MA
Wes (ttukppokki) Hanscom, MA (remember him?)

I WILL find you....
Old 04-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

You may be able to find Jim Cassin,but he has sold his SVX.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:30 PM
red95svx

NE MEET

To all who are attending the NE MEET:

This seems to be turning out pretty well. Keep up the good work hunting down SVX'S! I am trying to contact two other suby's I have seen around town, so hopefully we can add at least two more to the list. I also have at least 5 people who don't own an SVX, but are going anyway (I'm hoping that we can share our cars and maybe let them tag along as passengers on our drive......I understand that not everyone will like this idea so we'll see what happens. Maybe they'll just tag along in their own cars).

I have some news on the meet. I am still working out a drive for us to take, and I'm trying to get the dealership to give me a specific time that we can chat with the Master Tech. I am also working on some door prizes for us.........maybe a free oil change and tire rotation, or a tranny service or coolant flush....something like that. But, if you live an hour away this might not be such a good prize. So I might also have a gift certificate for a restaurant, Best Buy....etc. to chose from if you win. Or maybe a couple of cases of synthetic oil or something. I'll let you know.

I think that covers it for now. I would love to see at least 10 of us there, so even if you can't make the 12pm start come anyway! Chances are we'll be at the dealership for a while before heading out on our drive.

Can't wait!!!
David
Old 04-23-2002, 07:49 PM
Green95hoe

Re: I second that! the list grows

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
OK,
I've made a list and its GROWING!! WHo HOOO!

I've getting excited.

and now the list.....

1 - David (red95svx) {ORGANIZER}
2 - Adam (alacrity024)
3 - Dave (boone)
4 - me (jscorsesvx) {POST a lot}
5 - Kathy (eprintsos) ...maybe
6 - Jack (satana)
7 - shadowyng
8 - DWayne2910
9 - Szalkerous
10 - BoominSVX
11 - Green95hoe ?

I wonder where the following are:

Jim Cassin
Jeff (svxtreme), Newton, MA
Justin (strange179), Rochester, NH
Nat and Robert Watertown, MA
Wes (ttukppokki) Hanscom, MA (remember him?)

I WILL find you....
I see youve added me to the list, just to let you guys know I do Not have an svx but my brother (BoominSVX) does and I am into his car because it is fast as a mofo.. Im not sure you guys would want a Big Chevy Monster Truck rolling in and parking next to a bunch or cars half its size but if that what you want let me know and count me in... Ill be there to support my bro and chill
Old 04-24-2002, 04:53 AM

Feedback

Hey, great to hear David is on the war path to make this happen. Wow door prizes, great drive, BBQ I'm so excited I can't wait. Thank you so much Dave.

I sent personal emails to a few of the "wonder where these people are" list. I got personal email back from each one. They can't make it, but I did get a nice reply from each. Seems Justin's (svxtreme) SVX has been dead since the last NE meet. Wow! that's a long time. He needs a new front diff and some stuff.

As far as tag alongs I have no problem with that. My car will be full though (two kiddy seats), so I guess my vote doesn't count.

Green95hoe, my vote is SURE com'on along. I think monster trucks are cool as well. Can't say much for the ride, but the view is great. Almost like flying. Actually, I suppose the ride is similar as well.

I have a friend at work who is always threatening to drive over my 'speed bump'. ..... IF only he could CATCH me...
Old 04-24-2002, 09:25 AM
red95svx

NE MEET

Jeff,

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I 've been very busy. I read that you sent me some e-mail, but I can't check my AOL mail at the moment. If you could resend it to my yahoo account I would be very grateful.

This is going to be a great meet! I have a few little details I have to take care of, but other than that we should be all set. I have to work that morning, so I probably will not get there until 11:30........just in case we have some early arrivals.

If anyone has FRS two way radios......bring them. We used them at the first NE meet and it helped make sure that no one got too far behind (or lost) on the drive. I have a few to use, but it would be cool if every car had one.

I have to go......I'll write more later.
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David