SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-28-2006, 05:55 PM

Just had to share this:

http://www.iwo.com/heroes.htm
Old 02-28-2006, 06:14 PM

And another,

How to know an American -- by an Aussie (Inspirational)
You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.
So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is, so they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country! As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.
Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least. The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Good Stuff!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 02-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Thank you for that.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 02-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcat55371
You get TWO 'ATTA-BOYS' for that! I bookmarkedthe slide show for additional sharing!!!

Thank you!!
Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 02-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
There is guy who looks like Vin Diesel in that footage I thought it was him at first, on the left, he was looking at the ground

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:45 AM

Hey SilverSpear,

I like your post on the Middle East and allot of good stuff was said there. We all have our believes and I know if someone attacked my homeland I would be there right or wrong to defend her. I just think that some of this is carried to far by people that only are looking out for themselves. It's just a shame that everyone can't figure that out.

I have 9days left and I'm loosing my job. Been here 15yrs and it's getting outsourced to India. There are a lot of them here now and I still have to support them. (wish I could understand them) Anyway, I'm not to bitter about the whole deal but I am made that this company has gotten rid of 600 jobs here in Minnesota and they have always preached they wanted to be the place of employment here. Oh well, so much for that. If they wait a little longer they can just take out India and it seems most of America's larger companys will be hurting. I dont believe in outsourcing.

Anyway, on the brightside of this, I have another job in the making that only pays ˝ of what I make now but I dont have to fix computers anymore and I get to work a 4day work week. Oh and I have 2 wks off between and I just bought a JDM Engine for my Turbo XT. I also have time to do it soon.

Take care and keep posting

john
Old 03-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
I like your post on the Middle East and allot of good stuff was said there. We all have our believes and I know if someone attacked my homeland I would be there right or wrong to defend her. I just think that some of this is carried to far by people that only are looking out for themselves. It's just a shame that everyone can't figure that out.

I have 9days left and I'm loosing my job. Been here 15yrs and it's getting outsourced to India. There are a lot of them here now and I still have to support them. (wish I could understand them) Anyway, I'm not to bitter about the whole deal but I am made that this company has gotten rid of 600 jobs here in Minnesota and they have always preached they wanted to be the place of employment here. Oh well, so much for that. If they wait a little longer they can just take out India and it seems most of America's larger companys will be hurting. I dont believe in outsourcing.

Anyway, on the brightside of this, I have another job in the making that only pays ˝ of what I make now but I dont have to fix computers anymore and I get to work a 4day work week. Oh and I have 2 wks off between and I just bought a JDM Engine for my Turbo XT. I also have time to do it soon.

john
I am glad you liked my thread about the Middle East, John. I will keep this thread alive for future to come, I will keep updating it with each and every important news I see deem to be posted.

As there is physical war in Iraq and Palestine, there is a political war in Lebanon. The thing is very serious right now and might escalate to an actual civil war...

I am so sorry to hear about loosing your job, isn't there some kind of compensation for those 15 years?

Good luck with your engine project...

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:04 PM

Well

I get severance pay for 15yrs but with my child support, house payment and credit card bills it wont last long. I have an offer to run a shop but the pay is ½ what I get now so i will have to ind a part time job too for awhile. Kind of a dead end job but I really dont want to fix computers anymore.

Thanks again for your posts and good luck over there.

john

Last edited by Tcat55371; 03-01-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Gotta pay those "hose" to keep 'em happy

(sorry I had to)
Old 03-01-2006, 06:42 PM

Lol,

Ok I fixed it.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Quote:

john
Sorry to hear of the job loss. I am glad they can't outsource MASS TRANSIT!! I think that if my job went away, I will be one of the guys turning off the lights as we leave!! I already turn them off when I go home daily! The boss called at 6:30 tonite with a problem with a report she had to take to a meeting tomorrow. I went into the database, corrected all the problems, printed a nice fresh report, and slid it under her door, so we don't 'look bad'.
I am the only one 'on staff' that could have pulled it off!
I think my place is secure!

What year XT do you have?? I have an 85 turbo 5 sp 4wd. I am going to be checking one out next week, ( hope it's a 6 w awd, and a stick!!!)) crossing fingers here!! I will have to drag it home!!

Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 03-02-2006, 05:36 AM

Hey thanks :)

It's just a job and there are plenty more out there if you are willing to work. Might not get the same pay but I know there will be less stress then what I'm going thru now.

My XT is a 86 Turbo 5 speed 4whdr. I have a motor on the way and plan on switching it out when I get laid off. Been having issues and I'm sick of dealing with it. It smokes when it wants and I also have been dealing with bad turbos, well at least I think so. I just had one rebuilt, pick it up today. Going to put that on the JDM motor I bought. Also have most of the parts to do the TD04 turbo swap but I dont know if I will.
Good luck finding one, I have seen acouple over on XT6.net and USMB for sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XTC.JPG (35.6 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg DSC0002.jpg (246.5 KB, 93 views)
Old 03-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
I dunno why I hear all XT's have engine problems, check this one:

This one the owner says it has a broken piston. It is written on it "Stage 2 turbo", do they all come like this???

He has more XT's than Earl has SVX's , here is a sample:

well they are (as I still remember) 12 brothers, all of them have subarus and mostly XT's. I saw two more on my way to his place

Old 03-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Wowa, the middle east has diesel powered camels?

Ahhh, it was probably just water.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: