Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
WoW !!

Did you just read the entire thing?
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
This is epic. I mean I am laughing my ass off right now

Tom
Old 01-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
this thread needs some more arguing......i'm getting bored with it

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
If you want to fit in the only way is to to gain the respect for the automobiles we are here to discuss, you don't need to like them, but at least appreciate them for what they are and be prepared for anyone you challange with "another view" to not apreciate it. Many of us have considered other views, others have not, but we are all here because we made the choice at some point to aquire a Subaru.
Noted. You have not told me anything I didn't already know. The point is that some members need to grow up and realize that there is another side to this. There is a world out there besides Subaru. You don't have to join it, but you do have to accept it. I have accepted that there is more to the world than the LS1, and that, BENEBOB, is why i'm here (and don't get your hopes up bobby, i'm still ignoring you). The point i'm trying to make is not dealing with what you drive or want to drive, but how you conduct yourselves around people who drive something else.

To the membership of the board: You can discuss, or argue, with me...that's fine...but you better be able to keep up, none of this breaking down into a barrage of insults because you ran out of ammo otherwise.

As for me, I need to go back to my old-school method of just cutting someone off when they have lost their footing in an argument. I used to do that nazi-like, but i've softened up lately.

Ok, ball's in your court.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
still don;t know why your are on an SVX board though. not trying to be a dick but just trying to understand. We are a small select group, why us?? Are you other places as well

Tom
Old 01-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Mountaineer

seriously man, I see what you are saying, but WHY? are you going to go to every single forum out there and do the same? Are you the Forum Messiah or something? If you find stuff like that fun, get a life

and acrtually, most people on here KNOW there are cars other than Subaru, we are just simply SVX ENTHUSIASTS, which is why we are on an SVX NETWORK.....if I want to talk about an MR2, Supra, or any other car, I do it on their respective forums.

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
still don;t know why your are on an SVX board though. not trying to be a dick but just trying to understand. We are a small select group, why us?? Are you other places as well

Tom

his girlfriend used to own an SVX. he still lingers around and springs to action when someone mentions a GM product.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248

Meh, bounced twice while I was having a beer, I'm out
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Noted. You have not told me anything I didn't already know. The point is that some members need to grow up and realize that there is another side to this. There is a world out there besides Subaru. You don't have to join it, but you do have to accept it. I have accepted that there is more to the world than the LS1, and that, BENEBOB, is why i'm here (and don't get your hopes up bobby, i'm still ignoring you). The point i'm trying to make is not dealing with what you drive or want to drive, but how you conduct yourselves around people who drive something else.

To the membership of the board: You can discuss, or argue, with me...that's fine...but you better be able to keep up, none of this breaking down into a barrage of insults because you ran out of ammo otherwise.

As for me, I need to go back to my old-school method of just cutting someone off when they have lost their footing in an argument. I used to do that nazi-like, but i've softened up lately.

WHY ARE YOU HERE AGAIN? YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE!

You can ignore me all you want, as of course you don't even know my name you ignorant piece of crap.

WHY ARE YOU HERE? I can ask this everywhere you post until you finally agree that YOU DON'T BELONG. We're a VERY friendly bunch and if you had ever met me you'd know that I'm probably one of the most friendly people here. You on the other hand are a blemish on the world. GO UNDER A ROCK AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like me then PLEASE LEAVE because I AM SICK AND TIRED OF SHOWING UP HERE ONLY TO READ YOUR NEXT RANT. TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE but then again, you've probably been banned.

I don't need to grow up one bit. I realize there is a world other than Subarus out there. Its the world that Hocrest and I beat ever weekend we race. I UST NEED YOU TO LEAVE!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX

Tom
To those who ask a completely reasonable question, I give the same answer I gave another esteemed member when asked this over PM.

I am here to speak with the members of this site who can conduct themselves maturely in discussion. I'm here to talk with people who have opinions differing from mine, and to learn from them, as I do every day elsewhere in life.

Do you belong to any sites that are radically different in orientation? For example, I am a regular at LS1tech and East Coast F-body, and I also frequent LS1.com, Lateral-G.net, and Protouring.com. However, to stay up to date with the competition, I visit SVTforums.com, NASIOC, and here. I learn so much from these sites, even if it is just that the opinions of those outside the LS1 world are very very distorted in regards to the engine, the cars it is used in, and the company that makes it.

OBVIOUSLY I come here prepared to meet resistance from fans of the SVX and Subaru because I come from such a different "background". I own a car that is very threatening to some Subaru owners. The thing that get's me is, of all the places i've visited, this place and NASIOC are by far the most hostile to anyone from outside the Subaru domain. Even the owners of the WS6's archenemy, the Supercharged SVT Cobra (at SVTForums), are not near as up-in-arms in an LS1 owner's presence as the members of this board and NASIOC are.

It could be because of the age difference (most of the SC Cobra owners are late twenties and older, while most STi owners seem to be under 25). I dunno, but it's quite fascinating. I conduct myself similarly on the other sites, and while I certainly come across immaturity, I don't meet the blatant disregard for reality on the other sites that I do here and on NASIOC.

So there you go. If that doesn't explain it, then I can't help you.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
WHY ARE YOU HERE AGAIN? YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE!

You can ignore me all you want, as of course you don't even know my name you ignorant piece of crap.

WHY ARE YOU HERE? I can ask this everywhere you post until you finally agree that YOU DON'T BELONG. We're a VERY friendly bunch and if you had ever met me you'd know that I'm probably one of the most friendly people here. You on the other hand are a blemish on the world. GO UNDER A ROCK AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like me then PLEASE LEAVE because I AM SICK AND TIRED OF SHOWING UP HERE ONLY TO READ YOUR NEXT RANT. TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE but then again, you've probably been banned.

I don't need to grow up one bit. I realize there is a world other than Subarus out there. Its the world that Hocrest and I beat ever weekend we race. I UST NEED YOU TO LEAVE!!!
Wow. Just...um...wow. You don't have to talk to me, I sure as hell have given up talking to you.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Mountaineer

Quote:
For example, I am a regular at LS1tech and East Coast F-body, and I also frequent LS1.com, Lateral-G.net, and Protouring.com. However, to stay up to date with the competition, I visit SVTforums.com, NASIOC, and here. I learn so much from these sites, even if it is just that the opinions of those outside the LS1 world are very very distorted in regards to the engine, the cars it is used in, and the company that makes it.

You find SVXi as competition to your LS1? They are two COMPLETELY different cars...... If you want to see real hatred of American cars, try going to supraforums.com, bimmerforums, r3vlimited, or any of the Honda sites.

As much as you might hate it, the truth is most people here DONT CARE about that stuff. Notice the lack of a "Kill Section"

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Sorry, But there is nothing threatening or anything about a F body guy being on here. I am one. I sold my 87 GTA for my SVX due to not being able to keep a tranny behind the motor in the thing. I still love my F bodies to death, But I don't go into f body forums and chime in on conversations and so on unless my advice really can help, Unlike you who comes here and starts worthless, meaningless threads about nothing. And just since I know how you LS1 boys are: My GTA has eaten more than 1 of your supposed higher HP than rated, super magical, fantastical LS1's although nobody that owns an LS1 believes it. I have to argue with guys like you everytime I say that, so how are you to say anything about how we are, When I know first hand how LS1 guys are. But anyway, Like I said before, Just:
Old 01-26-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
You find SVXi as competition to your LS1? They are two COMPLETELY different cars...... If you want to see real hatred of American cars, try going to supraforums.com, bimmerforums, r3vlimited, or any of the Honda sites.

As much as you might hate it, the truth is most people here DONT CARE about that stuff. Notice the lack of a "Kill Section"
Ahh, see you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not talking about RACING competition only. Sure that counts, but also design, style...etc. Also worthy of note, this is the first car forum i joined when i was actually part of the SVX community, so I found it easy to integrate into my forum "routine".

Bimmerforums is an interesting one. It's not like it used to be, there's alot of internal turmoil there caused by former M3 owners who defected and bought a GTO (yes there were ALOT of them) for it's similar styling (which is why I always say they should have just called it the G8 and lived off BMW defectors), similiar handling, nicer interior and more power. Now they fight amongst themselves.

Supraforums is just entertainment for the LS1 and SVT community. Talk about immaturity, it runs rampant there, but that's to be expected considering the average age of it's members.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
Sorry, But there is nothing threatening or anything about a F body guy being on here. I am one. I sold my 87 GTA for my SVX due to not being able to keep a tranny behind the motor in the thing. I still love my F bodies to death, But I don't go into f body forums and chime in on conversations and so on unless my advice really can help, Unlike you who comes here and starts worthless, meaningless threads about nothing.
Show me the last thread I started about ANYTHING. The last I can remember was the Z06 photos, that was over a year ago, and no one complained. Geez, get your facts straight, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak
And just since I know how you LS1 boys are: My GTA has eaten more than 1 of your supposed higher HP than rated, super magical, fantastical LS1's although nobody that owns an LS1 believes it. I have to argue with guys like you everytime I say that, so how are you to say anything about how we are, When I know first hand how LS1 guys are.
I'm not so crazy as to think that a modded GTA couldn't take a stock LS1. Sure. But there's no way in hell a STOCK GTA did it. There's at least one other LS1 owner on this site who would attest to that.

I'm not like every other "LS1 guy" and I don't expect to be treated that way. just as I don't assume EVERYONE on this site is as immature as some of the members I have come across. I let you decide how you will be treated based on how you come at me. Think about that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: