Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-11-2002, 01:24 PM
WickedSubie

Thumbs up Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

Talked with the Subaru dealer doing the work today. They said that the transfer case was completely screwed, but they are going to be able to re-use the housing.

Said they are re-building it with all new suby parts and it will carry a 12,000 mile 1 year warranty on it at any subaru dealer (sweet).

He said they have a bay tied up and want to get it out, so if they get the parts on Thursday (from North Dakota), they will have it done by Friday.

Maybe I'll get my SVX this weekend!

Jim (pathetic to have problems with a car I don't even own yet) Sayre
Old 02-11-2002, 01:55 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

Quote:
Originally posted by WickedSubie
Talked with the Subaru dealer doing the work today. They said that the transfer case was completely screwed, but they are going to be able to re-use the housing.

Said they are re-building it with all new suby parts and it will carry a 12,000 mile 1 year warranty on it at any subaru dealer (sweet).

He said they have a bay tied up and want to get it out, so if they get the parts on Thursday (from North Dakota), they will have it done by Friday.

Maybe I'll get my SVX this weekend!

Jim (pathetic to have problems with a car I don't even own yet) Sayre
Hey jim... where in ohio is canton? Just wondering

-Mike
Old 02-11-2002, 02:08 PM
WickedSubie

Re: Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Hey jim... where in ohio is canton? Just wondering
I'm about 2 hours south of Cleveland and 2 hours west of Pittsburgh. Stark County if you have a map.

Us Ohioans like to measure everything by time instead of miles. Funny that we do it that way considering we don't know how fast other people drive. I get hassled about that all the time.

If that helps.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:18 PM
Green1995SVX

how far from youngstown area?

-Mike
Old 02-11-2002, 02:20 PM
WickedSubie

Re: Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

I used to run sales trips to downtown Pittsburgh alot when I worked at my previous job.

Peoples Gas in the Columbia Gas Building downtown, and some other clients just on the other side of the I30 tunnels (i guess it's just tunnel - singular)

I know a good chinese restaurant off exit 19 on whatever road that is that shoots north out of town.

Wife's been itching to go there again and do some more shopping at that mall (no tax on clothes in PA still?), maybe once I get her we can hook up for lunch or something.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:22 PM
WickedSubie

Not far at all. Maybe 70 miles or so.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

Quote:
I used to run sales trips to downtown Pittsburgh alot when I worked at my previous job.

Peoples Gas in the Columbia Gas Building downtown, and some other clients just on the other side of the I30 tunnels (i guess it's just tunnel - singular)

I know a good chinese restaurant off exit 19 on whatever road that is that shoots north out of town.

Wife's been itching to go there again and do some more shopping at that mall (no tax on clothes in PA still?), maybe once I get her we can hook up for lunch or something.
I live north of the city, so that would work wonderfly... Let me know when you want get together, and ill make sure it works out... I think i know what chinese place you are taking about... If exit 19 isMcKnight rd... Near ross park mall. And yes, no tax on clothes!

-Mike

PS - I LOVE chinese!
Old 02-11-2002, 02:31 PM
WickedSubie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

Exactly... McKnight Road... The buffet - best General's Tsao (however that's spelled) Chicken.

Cool... wish me luck on landing the LSi in the home drive this weekend.

And maybe we can shoot for Sat the 23rd.

If that's too early, I'm in Phila for the whole week of Mar 4th, so it will definately have to be later in March.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:44 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

Quote:
Exactly... McKnight Road... The buffet - best General's Tsao (however that's spelled) Chicken.

If that's too early, I'm in Phila for the whole week of Mar 4th, so it will definately have to be later in March.
Sat the 23rd sounds great! Whats funny is, I'm going to me going to lancaster (somewhat near philly) on march 3rd. But yeah, I'll pencil that in for sat the 23rd of feb! Good luck with getting the car and everything

-Mike
Old 02-11-2002, 03:24 PM
still in love with Hannah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

Quote:

Becareful of the exit numbers in PA, we are re-numbering them all to corespond with the mile markers.(I don't know why )
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 02-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on

Quote:
Originally posted by 249SVX

Becareful of the exit numbers in PA, we are re-numbering them all to corespond with the mile markers.(I don't know why )
Yeah - stupid PENNDOT... I dont know whats up with that either. That's why its best to go with exit NAMES in PA for now.

-Mike
Old 02-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Update on the 94 I bought that I haven't even laid my eyes on...

Quote:
Originally posted by 249SVX

When the exits were numbered in consecutive order they had to add a letter when they added an exit inbetween existing exits.Now they can put them anywhere and not have to worry about that. An added bonus is being able to tell how far it is to the next exit.