Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-30-2004, 06:30 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
crunch

GOOD, that they can fix it, a good body shop can perform miracles. I've seen enough before and after nightmares to be cautious, but faith springs eternal. Good Luck, Tom
Old 07-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
We post pictures of damaged SVX's mainly because we are looking for sympathy/empathy.

I just found this thread and it makes me kinda mad that the insurance company was actually going to write the car off without a proper assessment.

Mine had frame damage but was not written off. Still drives good to this day.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:37 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Well that's North Carolina man... From what I hear, mine wouldn't have been totaled if the adjuster had looked at it in SC rather than NC... NC has this stupid law that if the damage reached 75% of the value of the car then it will be totaled... That's what happened to me And that's what looks like happened to you... Don't let your insurance compant shaft you man!!! I am interested to her what they offer you for the car. Hope all goes well for ya man...

It is sure is sad times for SVX owners in the Carolinas, huh...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
Yeah man, I HATE North Carolina's insurance so much, The Commissioner of it all needs to be gotten rid of, he sucks. With my case, he sided with Nationwide (the company of the guy that hit me) and allowed them to total my car when all that was damaged was the passenger side door and fender. If ANYONE has Nationwide, drop them while you can, and if someone hits you and they have Nationwide, sorry, but you're screwed.

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 07-07-2004, 10:45 AM

Ya know... Since this thread is "Anti Nationwide" and my thread is "Anti GEICO" I have started wondering.... Has anyone had a good experience with an insurance company out there... (Other than the two listed above)... If I do get another car here in the starts (Probably not), I'm just wondering who I should go with...

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-07-2004, 10:50 AM

Where is Weaverville, NC man?? I go to the Greensboro area every now and then. If ya are on the way, we should meet up and catch a beer or something

Old 07-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Ya know... Since this thread is "Anti Nationwide" and my thread is "Anti GEICO" I have started wondering.... Has anyone had a good experience with an insurance company out there... (Other than the two listed above)... If I do get another car here in the starts (Probably not), I'm just wondering who I should go with...
I've had great luck with Mutual Service Insurance (Now part of Country Insurance and Financial Services). When I got hit, my insurance company gave me a check to get my car fixed where I specified and then went after the other insurance company to recoup.

I am 100% certain that it is all about your agent. Agents trump adjusters, agents trump other insurance companies, agents rule. Unless you have no agent or a bad agent, then you are screwed.

When I had issues with the adjuster wanting me to get estimates from "recommended" shops, I said "I am legally obligated to provide only one estimate from the shop of my choice." He responded, "Well, that's not our policy." I called my agent, told him my issues with the adjuster and suddenly my one estimate was fine with the adjuster.

Insurance is all about relationships. Agents can perform miracles under the account of "Customer loyalty".

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 07-07-2004, 11:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I have Progressive right now. Before that I had MEEMIC, which is an insurance company for Michigan educators.

I haven't gotten in an accident in quite some time, so I couldn't tell you how either would handle such a situation.

On the other hand, I urge you guys to understand that the SVX has very little market value, so it's easy to total one. It's not the insurance companies' fault that the car worth more to you than it is to the market.

Try to understand it from their point of view. They price your insurance premiums based on the car's value, so that's what they base their collision repair decisions on. If an SVX is only worth $5000 on the market, it's not difficult to total the poor thing - a fender-bender will do it.

Someday we'll all be able to get 'collector' insurance on our SVXs, but until then this is the reality of what we have to deal with. That's one of the reasons I'm so careful with mine.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Exactly. I'm extremely careful with mine...

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Someday we'll all be able to get 'collector' insurance on our SVXs, but until then this is the reality of what we have to deal with. That's one of the reasons I'm so careful with mine.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-07-2004, 11:33 AM

I just settled on a deal with my insurance adjuster... After we finished talking he said that he would reccomend getting the car insured for a set value. It is possible to do, ya just have to have a professional come out and look at the car... It is alittle more expensive but hey, it will keep ya from getting a ***** payout loke I got

Old 07-07-2004, 12:57 PM
Mountaineer

Quote:
Where is Weaverville, NC man?? I go to the Greensboro area every now and then. If ya are on the way, we should meet up and catch a beer or something

Weaverville is right outside Asheville, it's only about 7 miles away from it. I agree man, we need to have a Meeting in this area. As far as the beer part, well.....haha, not sure how I could do that being 17, but Root Beer is good too.......

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 07-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Mountaineer

Quote:

I'd go with Farm Bureau, that's who I am with, their rates aren't bad at all on my SVX, and they are pretty good.

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension