How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-19-2003, 06:07 AM
I'm just sayin'..........

another new addition

My other half and I were looking for a replacement for the dreaded New Beetle TDI. After driving the Vibe GT and Protege' 5, I convinced him to finally go to the Subaru dealer with me as our last stop. They had just gotten in an 02 WRX sedan. After the most "spirited" test drive with one of the best salesmen I've dealt with in a long time, we brought our new baby home last night. Man does this thing haul groceries!!!!!

We are now a three subaru family......just thought I'd share the good news!!

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 08-19-2003, 05:44 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
That's great!
I'm glad you passed on the vibe and protege - there are way too many of those popping up around here - almost as common as neons in these parts. A rex is way cooler.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:04 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

. Way to bring 'em over from the dark side. No more VW's creating an eyesore in the driveway. How's the Turbo coming? I meant to tell you I saw you're front p. side dent. That should pull right out.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:47 PM

Way to bring 'em over from the dark side. No more VW's creating an eyesore in the driveway

Yes,

I've had a hate hate relationship with that Beetle since we've been together.....glad to see it gone!!!

I'm ordering the tranny and rear diff from a 93 Imprezza w/32k on it next weekend and having it shipped to my mechanic. I'm having everything done at once so that I don't have to make another trip back to my mechanic with her for a long time. Everything should be completed by mid Sept at which point my SVX finally gets a rest. My driver's side rear wheel bearing is going out on me again....(arrrrrgh)...it's under warranty, but I can't figure out why it went so quickly. I had it done last July and have only put about 15,000 miles on it since then. I baby my SVX and it still happened. I'm not sure why, but I may try the Subie dealer that the WRX came from. It's a bit further away, but if they do good work, I don't mind.

By the way, wanna go to Harry's some Sunday? We went this past Sunday and got lost. When we finally figured out where we were and arrived, it was 4 pm and they were closing. Good thing anyway....I only had my credit card and was wearing open toed shoes. Both no no's at Harry's. I'll probably try to make the trip again in a week or so. I need a passenger parking light and wiring and a few other odds and ends for my Legacy. You wouldn't believe the corrosion in my parking lights and side marker lights.....

As far as the dent goes, I'm thinking about having it done when it goes in for an oil change and the bearing. The dealer offers a dent removal service.

How's the wife's wagon? Did you get the tranny issue resolved?

By the way, I'll have a family portrait uploaded by the weekend...I got a new toy....a new digital camera(early birthday present to myself)

Old 08-20-2003, 07:48 PM

My guess is they over tightened the castle nut when they put the bearing in or didn't get all the shipping grease off. Knock on wood my bearings have never failed me. Just got her inspected today. Not a problem except they had trouble getting my wheels off. I guess they kinda got corroded on with the lack of motion.

I was just at Harry's on Monday but am planning to go back up this Sunday (the 24th I think). I lucked out big time. Only got charged $40 for a EA82 big heavy hatch, radio, and a side mirror. Got there 45 minutes before closing so I think by the time I brought it up they had closed out the reg and were keeping the last bit of cash.

I'm pulling an XT stick out and possibly some 4wd stuff. You're more than welcome. Probably leave fairly early.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:54 AM

Ben,

I may just take you up on that. The only thing will be seeing how late I get in Saturday night as we're going out with some friends. Around about what time were you leaving? Did you see any model year legacies like mine there?

Old 08-21-2003, 01:41 PM

Harry's

I'd like to leave by around 8ish in the morning so it doesn't take up the whole day. i was in a huge hurry but I'm sure there's some Leg sedan's there. I know I saw some wagons for sure.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Kerven Subaru

I really wish I could go with you guys! I have to work a local event that subaru is sponsoring.

Mike

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: